Author Topic: Bruins to offer Hossa big deal??  (Read 3980 times)

Bruins to offer Hossa big deal??
« on: July 01, 2008, 02:40:58 PM »

Offline celticpride07

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 222
I've been listening to WEEI all day and on the sportsflash they are saying that the bruins are prepared to offer Marian Hossa a 12 year 100 Million Dollar deal!

thoughts?
Pick 2 Heat: 
Pg: Jennings/Vasquez
Sg: Wade/R. Allen/Rivers
SF: Lebron/M. Williams
PF: Bosh/Humphries
C: B. Lopez/Dalembert/Anthony

Re: Bruins to offer Hossa big deal??
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 02:48:33 PM »

Offline furball

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 95
It's wierd, the EEI report is from either the NYtimes or the NY post.  All the reports from around here are that the Bruins have given up on Hossa. As he is the only player out there (aside maybe a puck moving defenseman) that the Bruins can use I hope the NY reports are correct.   The hockey coverage around here is um, less then great, so it wouldn't suprise me. 

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2008, 03:00:20 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Here's where that report comes from:

While the Rangers will check in on Marian Hossa, The Post has been told that the Bruins are preparing to present the 29-year-old winger with an offer in the neighborhood of $100M over 12 years. Hossa has previously rejected a six-year offer of $7.5M per from the Penguins.

Link.

No idea how accurate that is, though.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2008, 03:02:15 PM »

Offline speedster

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 9
I don't get it either.  The Boston papers indicate that there are likely to be no big offers to be made, yet I hear the same thing on WEEI.  I've been checking tsn.ca (Sporting News -- Canadian), and there's really nothing definitive there either.

As for acquiring Hossa, I think it would be great.  You could create two excellent scoring lines with Savard, Hossa, Lucic, Bergeron, Kessel, and Sturm.  They have some good prospects on defense to go along with Chara and Wideman.  It's usually all about the hot goaltender, but the Bruins could very quickly become a pretty solid playoff team.

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2008, 03:07:40 PM »

Offline cltpwr

• Open Roster Spot
  • Tommy Points: 1
I didn't hear anything except that no big deal in the works.