Author Topic: Yes or No? It's Doc's Fault  (Read 10928 times)

Re: Yes or No? It's Doc's Fault
« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2012, 11:27:44 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
Doc looks to be tinkering for sure but I am okay with it.  Ultimately though, I think what we're learning is that we can't be playing too many guys.  Doc needs to find his best players and stick wih it.   And I agree that he needs to keep some size in the game.  Finally, sully needs to sit.  He simply can't play defense. 

« Reply #46 on: November 09, 2012, 11:44:34 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
have more patience guys. Doc is doing a great job with all these new players. I'm fine with the loss today. And you know why?

Our bench scored 33 points tonight. The way I take it is, that our offense looks like is coming together slowly and its coming along just nicely. Jason Terry looks like he's finally in the groove. Of course Green still needs more improvement.

Also, our defense just needs to come along. Which is fine. They are still a work in progress. You can fix two holes at once. Our defense will come along.

I trust doc, and he's doing a great job. Baby steps man. I think our offense looks good so far, now time to work on our defense.

We can do this!

So far this season, the only guy I believe is doing close to a great job is KG. After that, Rondo has played fairly well. No one else has been in the same zip code as great, including the head coach.

« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2012, 12:37:30 AM »

Offline mustang

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 9
Danny's given Doc some players to overhaul his system, but Doc isn't buying it.  Sullinger will get you 1-2 more possessions a game as an offensive rebounder, but Doc's system has everybody sprinting back to get set up on defense, so what's the point (loved watching the other guys turn around and stand at half court after Sullinger snatched a missed shot from three Sixers during the second half and got hung out to dry).  Darko gives you some options as a passer in the high post - he's riding the bench.  Green, Lee, Barbosa can run like the wind and force Rondo (who's nowhere near his ceiling even still) to fall out of love with rock-pounding - they're spare parts out there, glorified fourth options most of the time.

Sit Rondo a few more minutes a game. Put Pierce on the KG 5-5-5 plan.  See what you've got with these new guys in November and December.  But that won't happen - talent's gotta fit the system with Doc, not the other way around.

« Reply #48 on: November 10, 2012, 02:26:45 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Yes and Mike Brown was also to blame in LA

« Reply #49 on: November 10, 2012, 02:36:46 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Doc has become to dependent on small ball.  When KG is subbed out in the beginning of the game, any momentum the team may have gets stopped by paring Sully and Bass. That combo does not work now and I don't believe it ever will. The C's need to keep size on the floor at all times to protect the rim. Either continue to bring Wilcox in or let Darko get minutes subbing for KG. however; the bass/sully combo should not continue to get playing time together.
I agree its no wonder we had a great stretch run last year when we went big...that was with even *gulp* Hollins and Steimsma. Doc deserves some blame for this BS small ball he's fascinated with its clearly not working.
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #50 on: November 10, 2012, 02:44:36 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
I believe that some of it is Doc's fault, but not all of it.

I don't know what the scenario is with Milicic, but I'm hoping the reason for Doc not playing him is because of the wrist injury - if so you can't argue with that.

Melo clearly isn't NBA ready on offense (we saw that in the preseason) so Doc would naturally be hessitant to play him.

Collins is a veteran big who knows the game, but he's not much of a rebounder and he's pretty much a liability on offense. 

Doc probably feels more comfortable with two solid undersized guys than he does with Melo or Collins out there.

Wilcox has also not been in shape, so that's held Doc back from heavilly featuring him in the first few games.  He gives us size, rebounding and aggressiveness on offense, plus he's quick enough to switch onto smaller players and cut off penetration.  He's getting more minutes now (12 today) so I expect Doc will probably feature him a lot at least until Darko returns - maybe even after.

All of this is assuming that Doc does plan on playing Darko when/if he gets healthy...I'l be pretty frustrated if he doesn't, because Darko did a great job of keeping the team grounded defensively when KG went out in the preseason.

« Reply #51 on: November 10, 2012, 03:15:23 AM »

Offline celtics2

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 42
In LA they don't put up with this BS. 1-4 Brown is gone. Coaches are so expendable. By the time we recognize failure it's years gone by.

« Reply #52 on: November 10, 2012, 03:18:01 AM »

Offline celtics2

• Jayson Tatum
I'd say give them some time. Politics is usually not a part of this forum so why link the 2?

A favorite term thrown around here lately *Yawn*

« Reply #53 on: November 10, 2012, 03:19:52 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
I think the fact that the guards are giving up 48 points and 18 assists to Philly's back court is a big reason why they should take a fair amount of the blame.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #54 on: November 10, 2012, 03:25:33 AM »

Offline celtics2

• Jayson Tatum
Not wild about Doc's minute allocations so far but it should work itself out in time.

I don't think it's anything to get worked up about at this point in time. Doc is still feeling his way through the roster and trying to get an idea of where his best team is.

We love our losers. Doc is out of motivational words. The Emperor has no clothes. Can't play the hand he's dealt. There is talent on this Team.

« Reply #55 on: November 10, 2012, 03:32:15 AM »

Offline celtics2

• Jayson Tatum
Fault for what? Having one more loss than we should have right now? Did anyone really think we would be any better than 3-1 right now? Our record is 2-2.

Is it Doc's fault we won a ring in 2008, was within a Game 6 Perk injury of winning another ring in 2010 and taking last year's champs to the brink in a 7 game ECf last year?

Because if those things are his fault too, then yeah, being 2-2 is his fault right now.

Hey 500 that's Doc's pre Big 3 record.
And with the Big 3 The Defensive Coach Dude was the Star. History repeats. The chickens are coming home to roost.

« Reply #56 on: November 10, 2012, 03:38:09 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
YES
buts that my humble oppinion
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #57 on: November 10, 2012, 03:49:43 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
5 games in...It's like groundhog day at the start of every season.
We have plenty of new players but we also have some OLD men on our team.

KG and Pierce are still not at 100%
Jeff Green is still working his way around the court after major surgery and not being able to even walk 9 months ago.
We have a very long season ahead of us and a very deep bench that needs to learn and master a difficult defensive system.

Sit back, relax and enjoy the ride. No one is to blame.
We aren't the Lakers here. You give people more than 5 games, particularly if they won you a championship and got you darn close on multiple occasions.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #58 on: November 10, 2012, 03:52:29 AM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
have more patience guys. Doc is doing a great job with all these new players. I'm fine with the loss today. And you know why?

Our bench scored 33 points tonight. The way I take it is, that our offense looks like is coming together slowly and its coming along just nicely. Jason Terry looks like he's finally in the groove. Of course Green still needs more improvement.

Also, our defense just needs to come along. Which is fine. They are still a work in progress. You can fix two holes at once. Our defense will come along.

I trust doc, and he's doing a great job. Baby steps man. I think our offense looks good so far, now time to work on our defense.

We can do this!

I hate when people say things that simply aren't true just for the sake of defending doc rivers. I don't think doc has done a good job at all this season so far. Hes over playing rondo already and he isn't winning *so far* with a team that's more than capable of competing for a championship this year if coached correctly. We need shot blockers when KG is not in the game. I mean, what idiot can't see that. Play collins or Darko. How much longer are you gonna play bass and sullinger together before you see its not working.

« Reply #59 on: November 10, 2012, 03:53:20 AM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134

We can do this!

I hate when people say things that simply aren't true just for the sake of defending doc rivers. I don't think doc has done a good job at all this season so far. Hes over playing rondo already and he isn't winning *so far* with a team that's more than capable of competing for a championship this year if coached correctly. We need shot blockers when KG is not in the game. I mean, what idiot can't see that. Play collins or Darko. How much longer are you gonna play bass and sullinger together before you see its not working.