Author Topic: Patriots 2018 Season  (Read 76257 times)

Re: Patriots 2018 Season
« Reply #360 on: January 12, 2019, 05:00:51 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
KC looks unbeatable today so far.   Mahomes hasn't missed a throw.  An easy 14-0 to start this one. If the Pats can get by LA, looks like KC at home is a machine.

« Reply #361 on: January 12, 2019, 08:01:50 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Indy's defense did pretty well in the second half. Pats could have a chance in Arrowhead. But they have to take care of business tomorrow for their toughest game of the year.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #362 on: January 12, 2019, 08:07:25 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
Indy's defense did pretty well in the second half. Pats could have a chance in Arrowhead. But they have to take care of business tomorrow for their toughest game of the year.

I am hoping what we saw today from KCs defense was due to a very bad game by Indy -- especially their offensive line.  If Pats have a chance at Arrowhead, they'll need to be able to score -- because KC will score.

But.... Pats will be fortunate to get by LA.

« Reply #363 on: January 12, 2019, 08:14:35 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Indy was awful. We should make a game of it if we get past Chargers.

« Reply #364 on: January 12, 2019, 10:29:28 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I think Pats win by double digits

« Reply #365 on: January 13, 2019, 01:49:54 PM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
Good start for the Pats. Brady to Edelman looks on point today.
#JKJB

« Reply #366 on: January 13, 2019, 02:34:22 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I think if you swapped QBs and coaches, this could easily be a blowout in the other direction. The Chargers might have equal talent, but they’re definitely being outcoached and outclassed at QB.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #367 on: January 13, 2019, 02:52:48 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I think if you swapped QBs and coaches, this could easily be a blowout in the other direction. The Chargers might have equal talent, but they’re definitely being outcoached and outclassed at QB.

What I've seen so far is the Pats are dominating the line of scrimmage on both sides.

Phil hasn't really had much of an opportunity to do anything.

Meanwhile brady has barely been touched.

That's not to say Brady and bill don't deserve any credit, but I think this game so far is a great example of how sometimes football comes down simply to who owns the line.

I think it's important to point out though that Edelman has been great so far today, his best game in months. Michel is taking full advantage of what the oline is giving him.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #368 on: January 13, 2019, 04:46:42 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Final Score: 41-28 / BradY: 343 yds, 1 td / Rivers: 331 yds, 3 tds

If you didn't watch, you might think it was a pretty good game, but this was an absolute thrashing by the Pats. 35-7 at the half and they essentially just tried to wind down the time in the 2nd half while Rivers and the Chargers shamelessly went after stats (seriously, what are they doing taking timeouts with 3 minutes left in the game?).

On to KC. I can't imagine they dismantle the Chiefs like they did the Chargers, but you have to be satisfied with the focus and execution of the Pats going into next week!

« Reply #369 on: January 13, 2019, 05:10:35 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
I'm actually speechless. That was truly a statement, dominant win by the Pats today  ;D

I had predicted we would win but like almost everyone out there, I expected a close game something along the lines of 27-17, or 34-24, or 28-24, etc. But this… OMG. This was a thrashing by the Pats all around!

Don’t let the score fool you, the defense was DOMINANT today. Also, I felt like especially in the last 20 minutes of the game, the refs were calling extremely dumb penalties on the Pats defense to extend those Chargers drives, which led to those garbage time TDs. The first TD was a fluke blown coverage, but after that they truly tightened up and limited the Chargers.

The pass rush was great too. It may not show on the sacks, but there was a ton of pressure and QB hits which definitely rattled and even frustrated Rivers. Going to need a similar pass rush next Sunday for sure (hopefully with a few more sacks too).

All around, a fantastic game by the Pats, and no, TB12 is NOT DONE  8)

Oh and props to Edelman, White and Michel for their amazing games, and Gronk’s blocking (along with the O-Line) was key as well.

But man, it sucks to be going to Arrowhead now. I give us about a 20-25% chance to win the game there (would be 60-65% IF at Foxboro), but I obviously hope I’m dead wrong.

But this game does tell me that the dynasty is NOT over yet, and we have the talent to potentially make the SB. However, it will take a complete team effort for 60 minutes and virtually perfect football to get it done next week. That was a fantastic win today today though against arguably the 2nd best team in the AFC. Now time to beat the best if we want to earn another trip to the SB!
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #370 on: January 13, 2019, 05:12:13 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 324
Great performance! I really didn't expect the Pats to play that well.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #371 on: January 13, 2019, 06:04:12 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Guess I have been about the only guy that for the last month or two has believed in this team and it's chances. Thank you Pat's for showing me my dedication to you is worth it.

« Reply #372 on: January 13, 2019, 06:39:10 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Can’t remember last time I was so relaxed watching Pats game. Impressive. Especially Brady and Edelman, one of the all time most underrated NFL receivers.

« Reply #373 on: January 13, 2019, 06:40:05 PM »

• Satch Sanders
Guess I have been about the only guy that for the last month or two has believed in this team and it's chances. Thank you Pat's for showing me my dedication to you is worth it.
You've been faithful, for sure. I've been really skeptical, but the Pats came through big-time today. I feel like they'll disappoint me the moment I start being positive about their prospects, but I do feel they have a very good chance at KC next week. The Chiefs D is worse than the Chargers', so I expect NE to put up about 40 points; I think it comes down to whether the Pats D can do a reasonably good job containing Mahomes.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #374 on: January 13, 2019, 06:45:05 PM »

• Satch Sanders
Can’t remember last time I was so relaxed watching Pats game. Impressive. Especially Brady and Edelman, one of the all time most underrated NFL receivers.

You probably heard this during the game, but Edelman is now the No. 2 all-time NFL postseason receiver—94 catches, trailing only Jerry Rice's 151.

— C.S. Lewis