Author Topic: Romeo Langford(merged threads)  (Read 91502 times)

Re: Romeo Langford(merged threads)
« Reply #660 on: February 23, 2020, 07:12:10 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
I liked how he played tonight. Hit that huge three and was again, very trustworthy on D. He still makes rookie mistakes but at least he made Lebron work for it even on made baskets.

« Reply #661 on: February 23, 2020, 07:15:01 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
He did fine, it's just that he has to be more assertive offensively. We really struggled with our bench tonight on offense.

« Reply #662 on: February 23, 2020, 07:18:53 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
He did fine, it's just that he has to be more assertive offensively. We really struggled with our bench tonight on offense.
He is a 20 year old rookie with 5 offensively aggressive teammates that can score the ball. His aggressiveness will come. Important thing is he is playing very good defense and playing within himself while learning how to be a pro. I expect big things from him in time. He has a very mature game.

« Reply #663 on: February 23, 2020, 07:28:05 PM »

Offline mobilija

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 610
I liked how he played tonight. Hit that huge three and was again, very trustworthy on D. He still makes rookie mistakes but at least he made Lebron work for it even on made baskets.

Agreed.

I think keep giving him minutes to end the season. He could become valuable for the playoffs. I could see him jumping others in the playoff rotation.

« Reply #664 on: February 23, 2020, 07:30:16 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
Ppl who called him a bust earlier this year gonna be eating those words.

« Reply #665 on: February 23, 2020, 07:32:57 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

Agreed.

I think keep giving him minutes to end the season. He could become valuable for the playoffs. I could see him jumping others in the playoff rotation.
Him taking the 4th guard slot from Wanamaker would be nice  Wanamaker might be able to hit the three and FTs, but Romeo looks to be a better defender.

« Reply #666 on: February 23, 2020, 07:51:28 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737

Agreed.

Him taking the 4th guard slot from Wanamaker would be nice  Wanamaker might be able to hit the three and FTs, but Romeo looks to be a better defender.
The way CBS sees it, Langford is a wing, whereas Wanamaker is a ball handler. My guess is that Langford competes for minutes primarily with Semi and Grant and to a lesser extent with Wanamaker.

« Reply #667 on: February 23, 2020, 07:54:06 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!

Yeah, IIRC it looked like Langford posted up with Lebron three times and Lebron hit two of the shots. But that's because he's Lebron James. I was impressed at how poised Langford looked and he definitely played great defense. Didn't make it easy.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #668 on: February 23, 2020, 08:17:23 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362

Agreed.

He was a scorer in college, if he develops his confidence he and Marcus could be our 1-2 punch off the bench. I like how he's got the courage to take more shots now rather than just stand in the corner and chase his guy around.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #669 on: February 23, 2020, 08:31:07 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

Agreed.

He was a scorer in college, if he develops his confidence he and Marcus could be our 1-2 punch off the bench. I like how he's got the courage to take more shots now rather than just stand in the corner and chase his guy around.
I am very excited from what we are seeing from the kid. A future with a guard rotation of Kemba, Jaylen, Marcus and Romeo will be very bright.

« Reply #670 on: February 23, 2020, 11:06:22 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo

Yeah, IIRC it looked like Langford posted up with Lebron three times and Lebron hit two of the shots. But that's because he's Lebron James. I was impressed at how poised Langford looked and he definitely played great defense. Didn't make it easy.

Yeah, on one of the made he shots he even stripped lebron but he recovered it and made a tough shot. He also bothered him in another play and forced lebron to pass.

« Reply #671 on: February 23, 2020, 11:14:09 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

Yeah, on one of the made he shots he even stripped lebron but he recovered it and made a tough shot. He also bothered him in another play and forced lebron to pass.

That shot was ridiculous...

Somehow, he got stripped and recovered the ball mid air, and essentially did some mix of a tip in + shot.

Testament to LeBron's greatness..  >:( :P

I love how Tatum, Brown, and Romeo's hands were all active tonight.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #672 on: February 24, 2020, 12:15:40 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
If he wasn't for all the injuries, I'd bet he is our 8th-9th man right now similar to Grant. He has been holding his own out there.

Putback dunk
« Reply #673 on: March 09, 2020, 09:37:22 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
Romeo played well on defence had an baseline inbound pass  stolen .His teammates didn't get open that is inexcusable at this level.
And Romeo bobbled that hand off but other wise the put back dunk and two hard charges made up for those.
His defence was solid and active and his double team on side line resulted in a turnover. His top of key   help defence by shading over just enough because his wingspan was a deterrent. The kid is 20 and Brad giving him good run all game and rewarded him with strong minutes in the 4th quarter.
The kid has goof instincts .
Anybody else happy with this draft choice and Robert Williams.
By the way Grant William's wingspan only 6-9 from combine not the 6-11 I have heard from play by play.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2020, 03:10:32 PM by rollie mass »

« Reply #674 on: March 09, 2020, 12:32:45 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527