Poll

Should the Celtics trade for AD?

Yes.  (Tatum in the deal)
22 (44.9%)
No.   (Not worth giving up assets for a one year rental)
19 (38.8%)
Yes but only if Tatum isn't in the deal.
8 (16.3%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Author Topic: Anthony Davis traded to Lakers(page 272)  (Read 339492 times)

Re: Anthony Davis trade thread(Davis trade request page 33)
« Reply #2160 on: April 19, 2019, 08:48:35 AM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Celts may get fined for this, but a Celtics AD jersey looks pretty good

https://sportsnaut.com/2019/04/did-the-celtics-just-tamper-with-anthony-davis-on-twitter/

And how did the New Orleans owner appreciate Magic's tampering with their team? Not very well! I wonder how she felt about that picture release.

This is not going to win us any favors with that owner. She is not one to forgive and forget it sounds like.

If she does, wait til they demand both Tatum, Brown and maybe even Smart plus all of our picks including the Sacramento, and Memphis one as well and make us take on a salary dump to boot. Time will tell. I for one am ready to move on from this when the outlandish demands comes flooding in. I am not sure that Davis, Hayward and Kyrie with no bench or really good to great supporting players is going to get the job done. I really do enjoy Tatum on our team as well. I am truly torn on this and dont see it as similar to KG for Al years ago. To me, Tatum is light years beyond anything Al became and we are now seeing how truly amazing he is and will become in big games for us. Luckily though I am not the GM and I do trust Danny to make the right call on this. My heart could be interfering with my mind but I guess it will come to how much are we willing to strip our team to get that elusive big man.

« Reply #2161 on: April 19, 2019, 09:02:00 AM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
I know Danny can be convinced to overpay for a player but N.O. is not in any position to "demand" anything from the C's. They know AD is a goner so they will take the best deal they can get from any team. Getting Tatum, Brown, Smart and 3-4 picks could be outlandish but it's the best deal they could get. I'm just not sure Wyc would sign off on this deal. I'm keeping that Memphis pick if they insist on that trio of players, as well as our own picks.

« Reply #2162 on: April 19, 2019, 09:51:20 AM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked

https://sportsnaut.com/2019/04/did-the-celtics-just-tamper-with-anthony-davis-on-twitter/

And how did the New Orleans owner appreciate Magic's tampering with their team? Not very well! I wonder how she felt about that picture release.

This is not going to win us any favors with that owner. She is not one to forgive and forget it sounds like.

If she does, wait til they demand both Tatum, Brown and maybe even Smart plus all of our picks including the Sacramento, and Memphis one as well and make us take on a salary dump to boot. Time will tell. I for one am ready to move on from this when the outlandish demands comes flooding in. I am not sure that Davis, Hayward and Kyrie with no bench or really good to great supporting players is going to get the job done. I really do enjoy Tatum on our team as well. I am truly torn on this and dont see it as similar to KG for Al years ago. To me, Tatum is light years beyond anything Al became and we are now seeing how truly amazing he is and will become in big games for us. Luckily though I am not the GM and I do trust Danny to make the right call on this. My heart could be interfering with my mind but I guess it will come to how much are we willing to strip our team to get that elusive big man.

She'll get over it if she hasn't already. 

Rich Paul / Magic broke that team apart.  One of our social media guys put the #23 on a jersey online for fans.  Not remotely comparable.
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #2163 on: April 19, 2019, 12:36:20 PM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486

Rich Paul / Magic broke that team apart.  One of our social media guys put the #23 on a jersey online for fans.  Not remotely comparable.

Yeah totally different. They tampered because they didnt catch the fans request in time. You could put any name and number on there, somebody thought it would be cute to slap those on there.

Granted it looks good on a celtics jersey.
#JKJB

« Reply #2164 on: April 19, 2019, 01:51:42 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Yeah totally different. They tampered because they didnt catch the fans request in time. You could put any name and number on there, somebody thought it would be cute to slap those on there.

Granted it looks good on a celtics jersey.

It is totally different (the NOP season is over this time...ours isn't, though), but what a totally asinine thing to do! Seriously, what was this person thinking and how did it actually get posted on Twitter? This is a really bad look.

« Reply #2165 on: April 19, 2019, 02:06:47 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
I know Danny can be convinced to overpay for a player but N.O. is not in any position to "demand" anything from the C's. They know AD is a goner so they will take the best deal they can get from any team. Getting Tatum, Brown, Smart and 3-4 picks could be outlandish but it's the best deal they could get. I'm just not sure Wyc would sign off on this deal. I'm keeping that Memphis pick if they insist on that trio of players, as well as our own picks.
Sure they are.  There a going to be other teams making offers so that'll drive up AD's price.  Also, if we want AD we have to trade for him now.  It is very unlikely we'd be able to get him as a free agent in 2020. 

« Reply #2166 on: April 19, 2019, 02:09:53 PM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
These types of packages proposed by the media and posters are just as you said - outlandish.
I can't recall a package of similar value ever being offered.
In history, never.
Consumed? Neverer.

I believe that this offer is closer to what we might expect in a few months.
Brown
Rozier S&T (I think it is legaly viable depending on the salary)
MEM pick
Another pick or two
Salary fillers
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #2167 on: April 19, 2019, 02:20:26 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
These types of packages proposed by the media and posters are just as you said - outlandish.
I can't recall a package of similar value ever being offered.
In history, never.
Consumed? Neverer.

I believe that this offer is closer to what we might expect in a few months.
Brown
Rozier S&T (I think it is legaly viable depending on the salary)
MEM pick
Another pick or two
Salary fillers

It sure would be nice, Andro, but I don't know how we get out of this one without including Tatum. The Pelicans have reportedly been eyeing him for a while now and even Tatum said that he wouldn't mind being the face of the Pels (if he were traded there).

I don't think it will be Tatum, Brown, and Smart, though. That just doesn't seem reasonable from any standpoint. By what Griffin has previously said about what he would look for in an AD-Pels deal, it sure sounds like Tatum and Smart; while it would be a tough pill to swallow for Cs fans, for AD, it is worth it.

« Reply #2168 on: April 19, 2019, 03:02:52 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
If Danny Ainge could find a way to land AD in a package involving Tatum, WITHOUT giving up 1 of Smart/Brown, I'd be ecstatic. Problem is, I don't really see a viable scenario to make that happen unless if Rozier and the Pelicans mutually agreed to a S&T option (and we could use some of that salary for salary-matching purposes). But I'm also not willing to give up 2 of Tatum/Brown/Smart for a rental.

Also, keep in mind the TRADE KICKER. A lot of people assume we need to send 21.6M out to acquire AD, but IF he doesn't waive it, it would actually be 24M. In our case, that ~3M could make a big difference in what we send out in the overall package. But also, if AD is NOT willing to waive his trade kicker to come here, it's probably a sign he's just a pure rental and going somewhere else in FA. IIRC, Kyrie waived his trade kicker to get traded here.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2019, 03:08:07 PM by Phantom255x »
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #2169 on: April 19, 2019, 06:34:23 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
If Danny Ainge could find a way to land AD in a package involving Tatum, WITHOUT giving up 1 of Smart/Brown, I'd be ecstatic. Problem is, I don't really see a viable scenario to make that happen unless if Rozier and the Pelicans mutuIfally agreed to a S&T option

It's really not hard at all.  Even if you don't include the salary of draft picks, Tatum + Smart + Yabu + Williams gets you there.

But, including draft picks is the easy way.  120% of rookie scale for the 14th, 20th, and 22nd picks adds up to very slightly more than $8.4 million.  You can then trade them for 125% + $100k, so they can bring back roughly $10.6 million in salary in a trade.  They can be traded 30 days after the picks sign a contract.

By including the draft picks, it’s pretty easy to add Davis and Moore, salary wise.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2019, 06:40:49 PM by Roy H. »

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #2170 on: April 19, 2019, 06:36:36 PM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
i wouldnt trade Tatum, Brown, Smart and 3 picks for Davis
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #2171 on: April 19, 2019, 06:38:50 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
If Danny Ainge could find a way to land AD in a package involving Tatum, WITHOUT giving up 1 of Smart/Brown, I'd be ecstatic. Problem is, I don't really see a viable scenario to make that happen unless if Rozier and the Pelicans mutuIfally agreed to a S&T option

It's really not hard at all.  Even if you don't include the salary of draft picks, Tatum + Smart + Yabu + Williams gets you there.

But, including draft picks is the easy way.  120% of rookie scale for the 14th, 20th, and 22nd picks adds up to very slightly more than $8.4 million.  You can then trade them for 125% + $100k, so they can bring back roughly $10.6 million in salary in a trade.  They can be traded 30 days after the picks sign a contract.

If Tatum, Williams, Yabusele + Picks (~10M, as you outline) gets it done, I'm fine with it. I'm fine giving up the Grizzlies Pick too. Just not Smart/Brown in addition to those main pieces (Tatum, Williams, Kings + Grizzlies Pick).

But keep in mind if AD doesn't waive his trade kicker, you need about 24M to match, not 21.6M.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #2172 on: April 19, 2019, 06:43:52 PM »

• Don Nelson

That is true..a bit different and the Lakers don’t have Tatum as well. My brain has been in a fog this week from being sick and haven’t even been able to have a glass of wine yet! You know the playoffs don’t start for me until that cork is popped 😁🍷🤒

« Reply #2173 on: April 19, 2019, 06:46:04 PM »

• Don Nelson
i wouldnt trade Tatum, Brown, Smart and 3 picks for Davis

Either would I. But what if Kyrie gave him the ultimatum make it or adios? I still would not but I would take a long pause before choosing my decision.

« Reply #2174 on: April 19, 2019, 06:48:33 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

If Tatum, Williams, Yabusele + Picks (~10M, as you outline) gets it done, I'm fine with it. I'm fine giving up the Grizzlies Pick too. Just not Smart/Brown in addition to those main pieces (Tatum, Williams, Kings + Grizzlies Pick).

But keep in mind if AD doesn't waive his trade kicker, you need about 24M to match, not 21.6M.

Tatum + Smart + Williams + Yabu + 3 picks

for

Davis + Moore

Horford / Baynes / Theis?
Davis / Morris? / Semi
Hayward
Brown / Moore
Irving / Wanamaker

I’m good with that.  We’d have the T-MLE, vet minimums, and perhaps a trade exception.  Plus we’d keep the Memphis pick.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes