Poll

Should the Celtics trade for AD?

Yes.  (Tatum in the deal)
22 (44.9%)
No.   (Not worth giving up assets for a one year rental)
19 (38.8%)
Yes but only if Tatum isn't in the deal.
8 (16.3%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Author Topic: Anthony Davis traded to Lakers(page 272)  (Read 342169 times)

Re: Anthony Davis trade thread(Davis trade request page 33)
« Reply #2115 on: March 09, 2019, 03:44:41 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Ingram medical news pretty much kills Laker's chance of getting Davis, and probably lowers price Celtics would have to pay to get Davis.
I was thinking the same about lowered price. Wonder what danny will be able to get away with offering

My idea

Offer Rozier for Ingram  :D

« Reply #2116 on: March 09, 2019, 03:48:02 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Ingram medical news pretty much kills Laker's chance of getting Davis, and probably lowers price Celtics would have to pay to get Davis.
I was thinking the same about lowered price. Wonder what danny will be able to get away with offering
Danny is still going to have to max his offer. The Lakers will not be the only team bidding for Davis

« Reply #2117 on: March 09, 2019, 03:48:54 PM »

Online greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
For those thinking this is a win for the Anthony Davis trade, just remember the new lottery rules are in effect and LA is only a few games back of having a 30% shot at a top 4 pick

Aside from this Ingram injury, I personally feel like all this laker downward spiral drama is BS.  I think they’ve been tanking since the ASB.
Greg

« Reply #2118 on: March 09, 2019, 04:24:56 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
Danny is still going to have to max his offer. The Lakers will not be the only team bidding for Davis

The one advantage the Lakers do have is knowing AD wants to be there and is more than willing to re-sign. Same with the Clippers and I think Knicks too. That's another factor in all this.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #2119 on: March 09, 2019, 04:35:06 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

The one advantage the Lakers do have is knowing AD wants to be there and is more than willing to re-sign. Same with the Clippers and I think Knicks too. That's another factor in all this.
not an advantage at all

New Orleans is in the driver seat. Not la or new York

Kahwi wanted to go to la. Did san Antonio care? Nope

« Reply #2120 on: March 09, 2019, 05:01:59 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

Only because he hasn't played in Boston,   I think he will love if he comes here.   He likes tradition, which is why he choose UK.   He will like it here if we make this move.  Kyrie, I think stays if we make a move for him.

« Reply #2121 on: March 09, 2019, 05:04:34 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

not an advantage at all

That's not my point. Yes, New Orleans holds the cards in an AD trade and can trade him wherever. But besides those 3 teams I mentioned, if all the others are pretty much told AD is only a "rental option" for them, do you actually think those teams will give them a massive package for a rental? Doubtful. They'd offer a bit less than expected.

« Reply #2122 on: March 09, 2019, 05:55:51 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2522

not an advantage at all

That's not my point. Yes, New Orleans holds the cards in an AD trade and can trade him wherever. But besides those 3 teams I mentioned, if all the others are pretty much told AD is only a "rental option" for them, do you actually think those teams will give them a massive package for a rental? Doubtful. They'd offer a bit less than expected.

The factor of whether AD will re-sign in Boston is a constant and doesn’t really change in light of the Ingram news.  What does change is that it likely lowers the buying price for AD — at least by some margin.  I think the only way the C’s are not in the drivers seat in terms of best offer depends on who gets the top picks (top 2?)  in the draft, and the degree to which the Kings (and the owners of the picks) covet the top prospects. 

« Reply #2123 on: March 09, 2019, 06:16:19 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

not an advantage at all

The factor of whether AD will re-sign in Boston is a constant and doesn’t really change in light of the Ingram news.  What does change is that it likely lowers the buying price for AD — at least by some margin.  I think the only way the C’s are not in the drivers seat in terms of best offer depends on who gets the top picks (top 2?)  in the draft, and the degree to which the Kings (and the owners of the picks) covet the top prospects.

Knicks could be real threats with a Top-2 pick. Although I'm not sure what else they can offer besides that, but maybe that pick alone could be enough to entice the Pelicans especially if it's #1. Then hope Lakers don't get a Top-4 pick. Washington could probably offer Beal + Top-10 pick but I really don't think it makes sense on Washington's end right now.

« Reply #2124 on: March 09, 2019, 06:50:15 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512

not an advantage at all

Knicks could be real threats with a Top-2 pick. Although I'm not sure what else they can offer besides that, but maybe that pick alone could be enough to entice the Pelicans especially if it's #1. Then hope Lakers don't get a Top-4 pick. Washington could probably offer Beal + Top-10 pick but I really don't think it makes sense on Washington's end right now.

Besides this year’s pick the Knicks can throw in Smith Jr, Knox, Robinson, and those future Mavs picks.  I think they can be a real threat.

« Reply #2125 on: March 09, 2019, 06:54:02 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

not an advantage at all

Besides this year’s pick the Knicks can throw in Smith Jr, Knox, Robinson, and those future Mavs picks.  I think they can be a real threat.
and we can throw in Rozier, Tatum, and Williams and picks too. But we'd still have a team and they wouldn't

« Reply #2126 on: March 09, 2019, 06:54:59 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834

not an advantage at all

Knox value has declined. Robinson is equvalent of Robert Williams. Smith Jr? Get real. If they don’t land 1st pick, and odds are they won’t, Knicks not in play. Frankly unless KD or Kyrie sign with them I doubt AD would want to play there, if he’s all about winning.

« Reply #2127 on: March 09, 2019, 07:07:16 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

not an advantage at all

They could be, although they'd have to be dang sure they're getting Kyrie or KD in FA, otherwise that team is basically AD + scrubs (even worse than his current situation with NOLA).

« Reply #2128 on: March 09, 2019, 07:29:55 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512

not an advantage at all

Knox value has declined. Robinson is equvalent of Robert Williams. Smith Jr? Get real. If they don’t land 1st pick, and odds are they won’t, Knicks not in play. Frankly unless KD or Kyrie sign with them I doubt AD would want to play there, if he’s all about winning.

Look at this way.

Tatum has similar value as the first or second pick in this draft.
I might take Smith Jr over Rozier.  I liked him going into the draft.
Robinson has similar value as Williams.
Knox yeah has probably declined a little, but is he any worse off than the Kings pick?
The Grizzlies pick alone if not conveyed might trump the value of those 2 Mavs picks.
We have Smart and Brown to add as well, but then at that point is that too much for us?

I wouldn’t write off the Knicks, but you are right they would need to fill those empty roster spots fast after a Davis trade, and with at least one other star.

Our situation is still better for Davis though if he prioritizes winning.

« Reply #2129 on: March 11, 2019, 01:42:36 AM »

Online knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
Supposedly, Davis doesn't want to come to Boston because of the way Isaiah was treated.  Well, here are Isaiah's recent comments about Boston.

In an interview with the Boston Herald’s Steve Bulpett, Thomas said he “can’t wait,” to play in Boston next Monday.
“That’s going to be a special moment for me,” Thomas said. “Even if they don’t do a video or whatever, just being back in that city and that arena is going to be unbelievable. I had the best basketball moments of my career in that arena. Boston’s always going to be in my heart, no matter what.”
A massive fan favorite in Boston, the point guard also noted his lasting affection for Greenteamers.
“It’s every day,” Thomas said. “The whole social media is, ‘We want you back,’ and this and that. I don’t think that love will ever go anywhere. It was really genuine love on both sides. I went through a life changing moment with that city and that organization, so my love for Boston will never change. And, I mean, you never know what the future holds. I talk to Brad (Stevens) probably every couple of weeks. I keep a relationship with most of those players and the whole coaching staff. They’re really like family. I spent three years there, and my sons grew up there for the most part, and it was big for my family.”
https://nesn.com/2019/03/isaiah-thomas-cant-wait-for-boston-return-shares-love-for-celtics-fans/

Guys seem to love their time in Boston.  I'm not worried about Davis re-signing if we make the trade.