Author Topic: Stevens this game is on you  (Read 15601 times)

Re: Stevens this game is on you
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2018, 11:15:38 PM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
If he makes the Finals with this team how does Irving and Hayward come in and play? This is some BS...he coaches different. Tatum could've had 35 and he didn't keep calling his number.

« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2018, 11:15:50 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
i think it's more like "stevens, this amazing season is on you"
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2018, 11:17:07 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
*Giselle Bundchen voice*

HE CAN'T TAKE THE SHOTS FOR THEM AND COACH THEM!
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2018, 11:18:04 PM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
We can score 79 points on this defense if 3 guys are off. He's over coaching instead of just giving Tatum isos. Tat7m was having his way. Bron didn't even play great.

This is pathetic.

Unfortunately we  are not the Rockets who want the ball in the hands of Harden 95% of the time.

Tatum is too young to be given the keys.. Although I thought about that as well... Should have made more plays for Tatum in thid game atleast si ce nothing was working.

« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2018, 11:18:04 PM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
You can't go out like that. 79 points with no Love. Bron didn't even have crazy stats.

« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2018, 11:19:28 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550
This game isn't on ANYONE...

Bottom line here is that Horford and Tatum played well. So did Marcus Morris.

Smart had some key plays but needed others to feed into his energy. We did not.

We almost beat the best player in the NBA (the last several years, too - I may add)....and we ALMOST did it without our TWO ALPHAS

We get THOSE TWO back, add them to Tatum, Horford and JB and this series is over in 6 games.

I am extremely proud of what this team accomplished and so should we ALL.

Loss isn't on ANYONE except our LACK of STAR POWER to counter LeBron.

baloney. we killed this team 3 straight at home and if we played smarter and made layups in game 4 we win THIS SERIES IN FIVE games YES 5! we are classic at blowing 3-2 series leads to lebron. i told people u cannot count on home court well well well. now u see why. we shat the bed. no excuse. we had that team beat
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2018, 11:20:41 PM »

Offline SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1956
Not Brad's finest game by any stretch of the imagination, but at some point our players need to make their [dang] open shots.  It's like we tried to lose the game with all the bricks we threw up there.

Brad deserves major props for even getting us to game 7 of the ECF with our current roster.  You're a liar if you thought that we'd make the finals after both Hayward and Irving were out for the season.

« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2018, 11:22:33 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5349
  • Thumper of the BASS!
blame the coach

always the ez way out

smh

*sippin*

« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2018, 11:23:11 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
If he makes the Finals with this team how does Irving and Hayward come in and play? This is some BS...he coaches different. Tatum could've had 35 and he didn't keep calling his number.

This is my problem with the game...ride the hot hand..

« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2018, 11:23:29 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550
You can't go out like that. 79 points with no Love. Bron didn't even have crazy stats.

he should have forced team to go to rim more. we were in bonus. he let them shoot bricks. we killed them early in post ups and PNR .  that is not good coaching to keep watching us jack threes. just stupid.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2018, 11:24:44 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

he should have forced team to go to rim more. we were in bonus. he let them shoot bricks. we killed them early in post ups and PNR .  that is not good coaching to keep watching us jack threes. just stupid.

Yep

« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2018, 11:25:17 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
He stuck with Rozier way too long in the 3rd when he was completely out of control. Then, he subbed Rozier with a few minutes left in a game that a win was completely in reach, even though Rozier was atrocious offensively and he knew James would attack him on a switch at the other end.

THIS. Rozier was instrumental in changing the tone of the game and giving them the lead in the third. Brad sat on his hands and let Rozier's terrible decision-making and shot selection give up this game for us in the third. Just a complete brainfart on his part.

« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2018, 11:25:27 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 590
Yes the coach can't shoot the ball, but he sure as hell can sit a guy down if he's killing the team.

Either brad head ok with these terrible shots taken tonight or he doesn't control the team.

Either way that's a fail on him.
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2018, 11:25:32 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 533
There as absolutely nothing the coach could have to change the result tonight.  It wasn't because he played the wrong guys or made the wrong subs or had the wrong strategy. He put them in a position to win - the players couldn't make enough shots.

« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2018, 11:26:27 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
*Giselle Bundchen voice*

HE CAN'T TAKE THE SHOTS FOR THEM AND COACH THEM!

But he can pull guys when they shoot us out of the game, right? Isn't that part of the coach's job?

Or how about this - instill some discipline in your guys so that they don't effing shoot us out of games like that.

I don't understand how anyone can defend Brad not pulling Rozier and/or Brown during that third quarter run when they were shooting us out of the game with those terrible shots. And that's not even getting into the inexplicable timeout decisions, as I believe that we ended with at least two left...