Author Topic: Kevin Durant & Celtics???  (Read 10647 times)

Re: Kevin Durant & Celtics???
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2019, 09:17:38 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 743
I thought I had seen a headline somewhere talking about Durant possibly looking at Boston this summer but now I can't find it. Maybe I made it up.

The logistics seem difficult especially as sign-and-trades are concerned but certainly if the Warriors were going to lose Durant for nothing and flipping Hayward to them for Durant was an option, it would have to be explored. At this point, because of the backlash and the fact that he's not the face of his franchise, I think Durant is actually underrated.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2019, 09:20:50 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
You can bet with all the shuffling of players we ve seen .   Danny has been cooking up new schemes or trades . 

People are coming out of the woodwork with way to get into the Kyrie, KD , AD ,and KL sweepstakes .  Trading dumping salary like crazy .

I would not be surprized in the least if Danny doesn't have some sort of plan cooked up for a run a KD too.

When its the most quiet about a player people are ignoring .  Danny comes out of nowhere with a deal nobody guessed.

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2019, 09:22:47 AM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 915
Wow, if we traded Hayward for Durant, AD's father would go nuts and Danny would look almost as cold-hearted as Belichick.

Mike

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2019, 09:28:02 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
Wow, if we traded Hayward for Durant, AD's father would go nuts and Danny would look almost as cold-hearted as Belichick.

Mike

I think he'd like to be considered Belichick's peer

BTW trading a player to the champions or the finalists is not in my book cold hearted

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2019, 09:34:30 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
I thought I had seen a headline somewhere talking about Durant possibly looking at Boston this summer but now I can't find it. Maybe I made it up.

The logistics seem difficult especially as sign-and-trades are concerned but certainly if the Warriors were going to lose Durant for nothing and flipping Hayward to them for Durant was an option, it would have to be explored. At this point, because of the backlash and the fact that he's not the face of his franchise, I think Durant is actually underrated.

https://www.dangerc.art/blog/super-teaming-kyrie-and-kd-in-boston

here it is

« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2019, 09:35:37 AM »

Offline Humble G

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 983
We could get both KD and Davis right??

1.Tatum,Smart, yabu and picks for Davis

2.Horford or Hayward + future pick for S&T Durant

* keep brown
                            or
PG: Kyrie                         Kyrie
SG: Brown                       Brown
SF: Durant                       Durant
PF: Davis                         Hayward
C: Horford                       Davis

Bench: Baynes, Williams, Ojeleye....maybe resign Wanamaker .
If that's the starting 5 I'm sure many players would take discounts to join the celtics

« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2019, 09:56:01 AM »

Offline RLewis35

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 20
  • I drink and I know things
Trading for Durant is definitely realistic.  The warriors have no cap space so they would be motivated to facilitate a sign and trade to Durant’s desired destination if it gets them pieces back.

« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2019, 09:59:36 AM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
Why would Golden State do that? It's one thing to get something in return for a player like KD, but you don't do that if it gives the other team a great chance at beating you in the finals. GS would be better served letting KD go to a bad team for no return than getting Horford/Hayward and a forst from us (especially since it would make sure they had money to keep Klay, etc.)
I'm bitter.

« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2019, 10:03:02 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

Mike

Yeah, it's important we get Anthony Davis's father's approval before any move we make. We know how to tight he is with Isaiah Thomas.

« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2019, 10:18:32 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
Why would Golden State do that? It's one thing to get something in return for a player like KD, but you don't do that if it gives the other team a great chance at beating you in the finals. GS would be better served letting KD go to a bad team for no return than getting Horford/Hayward and a forst from us (especially since it would make sure they had money to keep Klay, etc.)

1- You dont waste any Steph years
2- You never let someone like Durant leave your team for nothing.

« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2019, 11:43:00 AM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
Yes, I would buy into this thought. If not for Jerry West dealing the deal late, he may already be in Boston. IT and those guys that recruited him aren't Kyrie.

Hayward, Tatum and picks would get it done in a S&T.

Either way it would drive down the price of AD to pursue KD too.

« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2019, 12:06:15 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Durant would never be able to handle the intense scrutiny that the Boston market will flood him with. God forbid we lose a few games in a row and some will be demanding his head and to be traded. GS is paradise with scrutiny vs. what he would get in Boston Green. He is an amazing player but unfortunately his personality is not cut out for Boston.

« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2019, 12:09:19 PM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
Pipedream and ain't gonna happen.

KD will sign elsewhere...i easily see him going to Clippernation to follow West. That has always been the plan.. How else owould the Clips unload Tobias for.. Harris is a very, very good player and they gave him up for peanuts... There has to be some kind of knowledge here by West that he knows KD, or Kawhi is coming.. Maybe even both.

« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2019, 12:16:06 PM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
Well it was done to Boston and GS before and now we have Kyrie and a better team. They are closer than the Knicks or Clippers to a title.

« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2019, 12:28:01 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Durant would never be able to handle the intense scrutiny that the Boston market will flood him with. God forbid we lose a few games in a row and some will be demanding his head and to be traded. GS is paradise with scrutiny vs. what he would get in Boston Green. He is an amazing player but unfortunately his personality is not cut out for Boston.

If you can get the best player in the league, you do it, no questions asked

If Durant is not cut out for Boston, then who is?