Author Topic: 2018 Draft Lottery “Game Thread”  (Read 17137 times)

Re: 2018 Draft Lottery “Game Thread”
« Reply #150 on: May 15, 2018, 08:28:42 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
That's going to be a pretty good core - Booker, Ayton, Jackson, Bender, Chriss, and Warren.

I think Bagley would look good in Sacramento, too.

« Reply #151 on: May 15, 2018, 08:28:51 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
disaster for our kings pick

Wow, you guys are really overrating these players.  No one in this draft is going to make the Kings a contender for the 8th seed in the West next year.   No one.  They're still going to be terrible.

Who said they'll make the playoffs now? The issue is that they'll be a bit better, which could mean a few extra wins and a few slots lower on the pick
I'm bitter.

« Reply #152 on: May 15, 2018, 08:29:08 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
nm

I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #153 on: May 15, 2018, 08:29:49 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
The way I see it now, only two things happen for Cleveland.

1. Lebron leaves them and they KEEP the pick (#8)

2. Cavaliers trade the pick + pieces to acquire another star to pair with Lebron (and Love?)

I don't think there's a scenario where they keep Lebron AND the pick. Don't think Bron Bron wants to bring in a young prospect when he wants to "win now". He'll want that pick traded for some star.

OR... if CLE wins it all, then maybe it doesn't matter lol

I don't see the #8 pick plus any of the junk they have on the roster getting them a star.

Who knows, maybe a team like Washington or Portland is desperate and they flip McCollum or Beal to CLE for the BKN Pick + Clarkson, Nance and a bad contract?

I could see that happening. The writing is on the wall for both teams. The thing is Lillard, and Wall are premier point guards, and the more superior talent. You have to keep them over these two right? Use McCollm or Beal as grade A trade bait.

Harder to just blow it all up, because Lillard and Wall I think got special skill.

I think they are also the players who need great talent beside them.

Yeah. Another possibility is Kemba for the BKN Pick + pieces.

Maybe DeRozan/Lowry?

Certainly lots of options to be frank. But probably not enough for a Leonard or Davis
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #154 on: May 15, 2018, 08:29:49 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587

« Reply #155 on: May 15, 2018, 08:29:59 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
So if the kings end up with Doncic, I guess they could indeed get better as soon as next year.
how often have the kings had a great draft position and how often has it moved the needle?
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #156 on: May 15, 2018, 08:30:25 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
The real question is - would Memphis, Dallas, or Orlando be willing to deal with us if one of Jackson or Bamba falls to them?

« Reply #157 on: May 15, 2018, 08:31:00 PM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 376
I think this could be good, as the Kings will probably be all in on a youth movement instead of potentially trying to add journymen players to fill the roster and some seats.  Their fans will now be fine with the patient approach.

« Reply #158 on: May 15, 2018, 08:32:04 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
So if the kings end up with Doncic, I guess they could indeed get better as soon as next year.
how often have the kings had a great draft position and how often has it moved the needle?
exactly

a lot of the West got better too so it’s not like the competition Isn’t getting better 

The kings are perpetually bad

« Reply #159 on: May 15, 2018, 08:32:09 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5350
  • Thumper of the BASS!
what is that hair style called?

smh

« Reply #160 on: May 15, 2018, 08:32:51 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
The real question is - would Memphis, Dallas, or Orlando be willing to deal with us if one of Jackson or Bamba falls to them?
i seriously doubt we have any interest in bamba

The guy is  Noel 2.0 lol. Although I do like him somewhat

« Reply #161 on: May 15, 2018, 08:33:20 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I know it sucks that Sacto got 2, but I'm so glad the tanking teams all got burned.  Phoenix and Atlanta were just bad, but Memphis and Dallas clearly tanked and I'm glad they didn't get rewarded.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #162 on: May 15, 2018, 08:33:36 PM »

Offline Kevins Gamble

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 21
Did #1 Fultz make the Sixers noticeably better?
Did #2 Ball make the Lakers noticeably better?
Did #4 Jackson make the Suns noticeably better?
Did #5 Fox make the Kings noticeably better?
Did #6 Isaac make the Magic noticeably better?

They're all probably a little better...but they all still suck and are still in this draft lottery we just watched...(minus the Sixers for reasons not related to Fultz).

The Kings will draft a good player...but doubtful it will have much of an impact on our draft status.
"AAAAAHAHAAAAHHAAA....take that with your beard....AAAAHHHHAAHHHAAHHAAH..YAAAHHHAHAHAH!!!"
- Cedric Maxwell, Esq

« Reply #163 on: May 15, 2018, 08:33:37 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
Kings got 2. I’ll take it. They probably take bagley who is good but not amazing. Since they have fox I doubt they take doncic
How do you figure after watching DA putting the celts together?  Versatile wings are the now.

« Reply #164 on: May 15, 2018, 08:33:54 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 911
Not happy about SAC, but not too worried, either. They'll find a way to screw it up. I fully expect to hear something from Adam Silver along the lines of, "With the second pick in the 2018 NBA draft, the Sacramento Kings select...Darko Milicic, of the, wait, holy hell, what did they do?"

Also, Sacramento may get better with the #2 pick, but so will a few other teams. It's incremental. I'm assuming they go with Doncic, who's NBA-ready, but he's never played against NBA talent. Not saying he's not going to be a star, but it's going to take time.

Mike