Author Topic: Kyrie Irving is becoming a cancer  (Read 4284 times)

Re: Kyrie Irving is becoming a cancer
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2019, 10:11:47 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 730
Chuckle.  I thought tonight's game would end the "it's all Kyrie's fault" threads.  But nope.  This loss is on Kyrie even when he's not playing.

At what point is there some personal accountability?  Rozier is playing inherently selfish basketball.  Brown has been extremely up and down.  Hayward has sucked.  Tatum has at least in part regressed.  Horford hasn't been himself.  The entire team looks mentally weak.

And yet, it's Kyrie's fault.

I mean, Kyrie isn't perfect.  I've spent hundreds of posts on here talking about his faults.  But seriously, place the blame where it belongs.

I think the OP's reference is not so much about Irving being on the floor or not, but his influence on a team as a whole - always making himself the center of attention, the I Wanna Be The Man attitude, regularly making condescending speeches of supposed veteran wisdom, things like not showing up for important games because he is self-conscious and endlessly talking about himself. 

In contrast, look at the way Garnett came in for the 07-08 season and instilled a new attitude of committment and toughness throughout the franchise. Bird came in as a rookie and led through his play and getting everyone involved on offense and diving into chairs, or Cowens and Russell - they didn't come here and make proclamations about themselves, they just played great basketball and played hard all the time.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2019, 10:12:07 PM »

Offline celtics4ever33

• NGT
  • Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 16
Starting to lose my desire to come here and post anymore. Kyrie is too blame no matter if he plays or not. Starting to believe we are being trolled to some degree. Maybe Knicks fans who are clammoring at opportunity Kyrie bolts for their losing franchise in the offseason. Or maybe bitter cavs fans who still cannot except he bolted Lebron. Every loss I can be assured there wil be his is too blame threads and more trade threads...pathetic.

Same. Only thing becoming a cancer is this board. Might pull a Lb33 and just focus on reddit.

IMO the type of guys you are as posters, you need to leave....because you don't want to here the tough things, you want the green lemonade. You want to blame a player you don't care about and trash all over him.

Im simply stating what player A can be causing the team, im not saying Kyrie sucks, or kyrie lost the game, thats insane, im simply saying what causes a player can be to a team, especially when they had success last year without him. Gordon is also a main cog in this as well.

« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2019, 10:14:21 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Starting to lose my desire to come here and post anymore. Kyrie is too blame no matter if he plays or not. Starting to believe we are being trolled to some degree. Maybe Knicks fans who are clammoring at opportunity Kyrie bolts for their losing franchise in the offseason. Or maybe bitter cavs fans who still cannot except he bolted Lebron. Every loss I can be assured there wil be his is too blame threads and more trade threads...pathetic.

It's a time-honored CB tradition.  There's always a favored whipping boy.

Yup, and remarkably, Hayward and Stevens, the fair haired boys get passes.

« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2019, 10:15:20 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!

You're not wrong.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2019, 10:15:25 PM »

Offline celtics4ever33

• NGT
  • Jrue Holiday

Thats fine , if you think those guys are the main issue , who says you are wrong or not

put on your big boy pants

« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2019, 10:18:37 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 730

Nope - I have criticized Stevens the past two seasons almost as much as Irving. I don't give Hayward a hard time because his leg broke in half.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2019, 10:23:08 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Chuckle.  I thought tonight's game would end the "it's all Kyrie's fault" threads.  But nope.  This loss is on Kyrie even when he's not playing.

At what point is there some personal accountability?  Rozier is playing inherently selfish basketball.  Brown has been extremely up and down.  Hayward has sucked.  Tatum has at least in part regressed.  Horford hasn't been himself.  The entire team looks mentally weak.

I mean, Kyrie isn't perfect.  I've spent hundreds of posts on here talking about his faults.  But seriously, place the blame where it belongs.
The undeserving whipping boy has gotta cop it! Personal accountability has no place here, lol
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2019, 10:37:42 PM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
These takes on Kyrie are some of the worst I've seen since people wanting Isaiah to come off the bench.

« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2019, 10:39:55 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
These takes on Kyrie are some of the worst I've seen since people wanting Isaiah to come off the bench.
Lol, forgot about that one. Got some poor form regarding star point guards on here
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2019, 10:48:36 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544

How exactly has Tatum regressed?  I'll give you he isn't shooting like Steph Curry from 3 this year, but I think we all knew he wasn't that type of shooter, especially as a rookie.  Other than that, I see no regression at all.  His 2PT% is nearly identical, he is shooting and scoring more, he is rebounding more, passing around the same, etc.  In the games that he gets #1 touches, he scores like a #1 scoring threat.  His defense has improved and he is making better decisions.  In other words, he has improved in every facet of the game except outside shooting and that was more just a regression to what type of shooter he actually is.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2019, 10:56:02 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
Alright if it pleases all the naysayers, just bring back Isaiah Thomas and pay him that brinks truck. Bring back Avery Bradley whose now a shell of himself.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2019, 11:00:15 PM »

Offline MaxAMillion

• Al Horford

Boy you got that right. Those two are never the problem...wonder why.

« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2019, 11:03:06 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

How exactly has Tatum regressed?  I'll give you he isn't shooting like Steph Curry from 3 this year, but I think we all knew he wasn't that type of shooter, especially as a rookie.  Other than that, I see no regression at all.  His 2PT% is nearly identical, he is shooting and scoring more, he is rebounding more, passing around the same, etc.  In the games that he gets #1 touches, he scores like a #1 scoring threat.  His defense has improved and he is making better decisions.  In other words, he has improved in every facet of the game except outside shooting and that was more just a regression to what type of shooter he actually is.

FG%:  47.5% -> 44.5%
3PT%: 43.4% -> 36.7%
2PT%: 49.2% -> 48.6%
eFG%: .538 -> .509
TS%: .586 -> .551

His efficiency has taken a significant hit.  That's regression.

Beyond that, his FTAs are down, his assists, steals, and blocks have all stagnated, and he's only scoring about two more points per game on three more shot attempts.  If you like advanced metrics, his ORtg, DRtg, VORP, BPM, DBPM, OBPM, WS/48, etc., are all down.

The only area where he's upped his game is rebounding.  More than statistically, though, his "feel" seems a lot worse this year.  He's just taking more bad shots than he did previously.  It's hard to quantify this, but his FG% on all shots outside of 10 feet is down, and significantly fewer of his buckets are assisted.

That said, he was excellent tonight.  On the year, though, not only hasn't he taken a step forward, but he's actually worse in some areas than he was as a rookie.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 11:16:15 PM by Roy H. »

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2019, 11:11:11 PM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
Alright if it pleases all the naysayers, just bring back Isaiah Thomas and pay him that brinks truck. Bring back Avery Bradley whose now a shell of himself.
Why stop there? Jared Sullinger is averaging 27/13 in China on 55/41/77 shooting splits. Our guy is basically Anthony Davis over there.

« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2019, 11:23:43 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
These Kyrie threads can be too much sometimes lol
He didn’t even play tonight!