Author Topic: "Strangers Celtic Podcast" #4 - I call up a guy who wanted me to kill myself  (Read 857 times)

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
The Celtics have had a bit of drama the last couple days so building on the theme of my last episode (where I buried the hatchet with my "nemesis" Eddie20), I decided to call up Reddit user BigAustralianBoat to see if we could resolve our differences and make peace.  "BAB" previously earned a temporary suspension from Reddit for saying he'd be happy if I killed myself - and I strongly suspect he's actually an alternative username of someone from my past (he's only had his account for 3 months) - so I set out to solve the mystery of his true identity and find some closure to our internet beef.

Admittedly, a large chunk of this discussion is dedicated to talking about my experience participating in Celtic internet culture dating back to 1997.  Experiences on sites like ESPN, CelticsBlog, RealGM, Reddit, etc.  I bring up prior disagreements I had with former legends of this forum like BballTim, and try to get to the root of why some people find me so "divisive".  Ultimately, my goal was to try to make peace with this guy in the same way I previously did with Eddie20.  Honestly I really enjoyed this chat.  Part of the premise of this "Strangers" podcast is to see how different interactions are outside the anonymity of internet chat... but if Celtic forum internet drama isn't your thing, I suggest skipping to the 34:08 mark where we transition into a more standard Celtic discussion. 

----

Some Topics covered:
The history of Celtic internet culture, LarBrd33's all-time top internet beefs, Reddit alt accounts, Rajon Rondo's peak, Fantasy basketball, Jayson Tatum's progression, Gordon Hayward's recovery, Jaylen Brown vs Marcus Morris, Kyrie Irving vs The World, the concept of trading high, potential deadline trade ideas, avoiding the luxury tax, Brad's stat guru, Time Lord's development.

Episode 4:  BigAustrailianBoat: - https://youtu.be/aUwdZ5gjQvM

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
Should do a show solely dedicated to trade ideas.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
I say that at the end of the podcast... I'd like to do one just with trade ideas when I just rapid-fire call one guest after another to give me their best idea...

So if anyone has a trade idea they really love, send me a PM and maybe I can have you on a future episode.

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
Marcus Smart's contract becoming tradeable tomorrow is a low-key important thing, though.  Next few weeks it's going to be interesting if we continue struggling what kind of moves might be worth considering.  In this one, I brought up names like Beal and Marc Gasol.  There's others... something to keep an eye on...