Author Topic: Who is to blame more for disappointing season thus far. Ainge or Stevens?  (Read 3295 times)

Re: Who is to blame more for disappointing season thus far. Ainge or Stevens?
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2019, 11:24:45 PM »

Offline Greyman

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 211
Agree to an extent that it is a player problem but also believe the player manager, Stevens, must take some ownership. I also think there are other factors to consider. A lot of teams got better. Some through the draft, some through trades and some just through being a year older and working things out.

The problem isn't as overwhelming as some make out but it is there. If there is lack of effort or understanding, as players have hinted, then Stevens needs to be on top of that. There isn't a previous Stevens season at the Celtics where there has been a lack of effort, mostly the teams have been praised for the opposite. It does worry me that in the past Stevens has done more with less. Everybody in those teams bought into the system and egos were of little concern. Now, with more stars, players are colouring outside the lines and this will bring the best system undone. Less harmony in the playing style equals less harmony overall. When opposition teams find their groove and go on runs the Celtics have been slow to react. The reaction was almost automatic in past seasons. Too many games have been lost because there has been a period where the opposition scored at will and the Celtics couldn't buy a point.

Ainge has done everything he can to put this elite group together. I don't blame Danny at all.

the team and stevens will work this out sooner or later, sooner would be better and the signs are there.

« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2019, 02:00:52 AM »

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics
Yes, sooner would be better...otherwise this team would fall apart.

« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2019, 08:46:51 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
I'm confused why so many think this is a disappointing season thus far.  The team has performed about as expected especially given all of the missed games by virtually everyone on the team.

That is incorrect. The team was EXPECTED to be the top dog in the East. We were expected to go to the finals. We are the 5 seed and falling further and further from the top 4. We cannot beat terrible teams on the road. We certainly won't even be able to win a round in the playoffs without the home court advantage. Toronto and Milwaukee are FAR SUPERIOR to the Celtics at this stage (passed the half way point of the season). we are having team meetings and players arguing during the game. The coach seems passive and confused. How is that "performing as expected"?