Author Topic: A logical Rozier trade proposal  (Read 4664 times)

Re: A logical Rozier trade proposal
« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2019, 09:29:16 PM »

Offline HomerSapien

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 43
I think Patrick Beverly would be a good replacement.  Hopefully he would take to a role on the 2nd unit better than Rozier, and in a pinch he is capable of being a starter even if he isn't capable of scoring quite the same way as Rozier is.  What I like about him is that he is an intense defender while being an ok 3 point shooter.

A 3-teamer with Phx and LAC could get the job done if we were to move on from Scary Terry.  Phx has a 1st round pick from Milwaukee that is protected 1-3 and 17-30 in 2019, and then 1-7 in 2020, so if we could actually extract a 1st for Rozier that'd be an ok pick to target (it'll be a late 2020 1st unless Giannis gets hurt).

http://tradenba.com/trades/ByJxLVUzE
I had posted a similar Beverly trade idea in one of the other Terry Rozier threads a couple of days ago. I think Beverly is more likely to play the role Stevens asks of him, and I like that he is a gritty defender.

« Reply #46 on: January 13, 2019, 09:31:06 PM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
Ainge would have to find a defensive playmaking guard to take Roziers place and up Kyries minutes.

Why the need for another playmaker? If anything, we have too many guys that want the ball in their hands, so what we need are guys to be content playing off-the-ball. Getting another playmaker to replace Rozier would leave us with the same problem, just with a different face. Hayward is more than capable to be a key facilitator, especially as he gets healthier.

Agree.  I haven't seen D'Anthony Melton play, but I loved his draft profile and now he seems to be a stud at PG in Phoenix.  I know he's known for causing havoc on defense, and he's  6'4" 200 pounds.  He's the guy I'd like to add to this team.  But if you've seen him play and feel otherwise let me know.
Agree on Beverley being a good get...

When I say playmaking guard I mean someone who is a pass first setup PG, not a scoring PG like Rozier. Someone like Larkin last year. Those are around you can get them fairly cheap.

« Reply #47 on: January 13, 2019, 10:10:24 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177
Could we get Beal for Brown, Rozier and Smart? I'm not sure the salaries match but it seems like a fair trade. A Beal/Kyrie back court seems amazing. Brown, Rozier and Smart seems like a haul for the Wiz.

Smart is our KG. I wouldn't trade him.

KG is top 50.

If you can get Beal , you haul Smart out of here

Yeah, because he is really helping that situation in Washington.
Well I mean, he is. He’s the reason they pushed Toronto today, he’s the reason they beat the Bucks, and he’s the reason they beat the 76ers. They’ve gotten some noteworthy East victories and near victories on the back of Beal’s excellent play

I already told you before, some fans have one perspective. This is a good example.

Smart is obviously not the player Beal is but helps the Celtics because of what he does and doesnt try to do or doesnt need to do.

Yet because Washington sucks, Beal is not "helping" them.

Hilarious takes, and it's why I have trouble conversating with Celtics fans

A Trade of Smart, Brown ad Rozier for Beal would be a major score for the Celtics and I love both Smart and Brown.... Beal is a star player.