Author Topic: Marcus Smart looking new and improved  (Read 782 times)

Marcus Smart looking new and improved
« on: January 13, 2019, 08:33:06 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
All the playing around at practice.His around the back into a reverse layup was so smooth and measured
I used to think he played so tough on defense that his offense suffered.Still do.His style of defense  does not lend itself to patient, measured smooth offense
He has improved holding guys on his hip in the paint,he is using a floater and the backboard --His shot selection is so much better
I call it the Kyrie and Morris effect

In the past Jerebko and Kelly wanted nothing to do with late in the shot clock shots-"Let's give it to Marcus",end of quarter time running out "Lets give it to Marcus ".Half court or three quarter shots Marcus took them with no concern for his average and the comments "Terrible shooter", "poor shot selection""worst in NBA"-not any more!!!
Now Marcus has Kyrie and Morris who can hit those shots along with Tatum.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 08:43:32 AM by rollie mass »

Re: Marcus Smart looking new and improved
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2019, 04:19:47 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
All the playing around at practice.His around the back into a reverse layup was so smooth and measured
I used to think he played so tough on defense that his offense suffered.Still do.His style of defense  does not lend itself to patient, measured smooth offense
He has improved holding guys on his hip in the paint,he is using a floater and the backboard --His shot selection is so much better
I call it the Kyrie and Morris effect

In the past Jerebko and Kelly wanted nothing to do with late in the shot clock shots-"Let's give it to Marcus",end of quarter time running out "Lets give it to Marcus ".Half court or three quarter shots Marcus took them with no concern for his average and the comments "Terrible shooter", "poor shot selection""worst in NBA"-not any more!!!
Now Marcus has Kyrie and Morris who can hit those shots along with Tatum.

TP, this happened way too often.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale