Author Topic: Heated between Morris and Brown during timeout in Miami  (Read 8814 times)

Re: Heated between Morris and Brown during timeout in Miami
« Reply #45 on: January 11, 2019, 10:15:48 AM »

Online celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 574
WOW. The over reaction here is amazing. Have you not ever played any kind of basketball?
Even playing in an over 40 we sometimes got heated with each other.
Brown dogged it after missing a basket. Bet if you look hard enough, you can find a play where every player in the league has done the same thing. Get over it.
Morris got p---ed at him because he dogged it. Told him to stop dogging it. Get over it.
They yelled at each other because they were both mad and it turned into a push. No big deal.
If they are anything like the rest of us, they talked about it after the game and moved on.
I wouldn't be surprised if they even went out for a beer together after.

Why do people always have the need to bring this up as their go to insult?

I've played competitive sports for plenty of years. Yes tension run high, but while this may be overblown, you should not put hands on a teammate like that. As Moranis said, if it was anyone else, probably would've chalked it up to teammates frustration. But Morris is a hot head and known for being aggressive at times.

Anyways this is overblown, and they all probably laughed about it later after a few beers and clam chowdahs.

It wasn't meant as in insult and I'm sorry if that's how it seems. I was merely trying to point out that for people who have played, they should realize that people get heated sometimes. Especially when they are losing or not playing well and thing get a little out of hand. I did not personally think that little shove was a big deal. Now if either had thrown a punch, then yeah, that's a problem.

« Reply #46 on: January 11, 2019, 10:16:33 AM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540
At the 3 second mark Jaylen puts his hand to his head so he may have gotten hit in the head.

CBS is losing this team.....there is absolutely no veteran leadership on the team. Al is too soft, CBS is soft.....Smart may be to young to assume the leadership position. This team is too immature.
They have 2 key players who are immature - Brown and Tatum.  Neither one competes every night but you also have to be patient.  If they can't figure that out playing with guys like Smart, Morris and Kyrie who do bring it most nights - then you look at moving them.  But we're not there yet - not even close.

Reliability in the NBA is a skill - a function of talent - so maybe we shouldn't be rushing to anoint Brown and Tatum as superstars.  Both have a long way to go. 

The problem comes when you need to pay them like superstars or risk losing them - if they still haven't improved on shortcomings - like this one.

« Reply #47 on: January 11, 2019, 10:28:52 AM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
WOW. The over reaction here is amazing. Have you not ever played any kind of basketball?
Brown dogged it after missing a basket. Bet if you look hard enough, you can find a play where every player in the league has done the same thing. Get over it.
Morris got p---ed at him because he dogged it. Told him to stop dogging it. Get over it.
They yelled at each other because they were both mad and it turned into a push. No big deal.
If they are anything like the rest of us, they talked about it after the game and moved on.

I've played competitive sports for plenty of years. Yes tension run high, but while this may be overblown, you should not put hands on a teammate like that. As Moranis said, if it was anyone else, probably would've chalked it up to teammates frustration. But Morris is a hot head and known for being aggressive at times.

Anyways this is overblown, and they all probably laughed about it later after a few beers and clam chowdahs.
Apparently you never played sports as a job, when one don't understand with language you make them understand with their body
What Brown did is absolutely unacceptable and can't be overlooked, Morris did the right thing, sacrifice his body to try to wake his teammate up

« Reply #48 on: January 11, 2019, 10:30:14 AM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
IMO, biggest issues on this team is having 2 max players that cannot contribute as max players....Hayward and Horford.

BINGO, as well as the fact that we *may* have too much versatile talent for Brad's 3 pointer happy offense to be our most effective option.  It's my theory that 3's work, but excessive shooting of them is gimmicky, and when you have elite versatile players you shouldn't be relying on gimmicks, you should be picking your spots and aligning your system with your talent.

I don't believe i've seen Brad do enough to adapt his system to theis current crop of elite talent he has.  The offense is more free flowing now than when we had IT because the whole team worked to get IT a shot, but it's still a 3 point jacking, PG + Wing offense.  I view Brad's future (and hopefully coming-soon) integration of Robert Williams into the rotation as a test.
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #49 on: January 11, 2019, 10:32:12 AM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
At the 3 second mark Jaylen puts his hand to his head so he may have gotten hit in the head.

CBS is losing this team.....there is absolutely no veteran leadership on the team. Al is too soft, CBS is soft.....Smart may be to young to assume the leadership position. This team is too immature.
They have 2 key players who are immature - Brown and Tatum.  Neither one competes every night but you also have to be patient.  If they can't figure that out playing with guys like Smart, Morris and Kyrie who do bring it most nights - then you look at moving them.  But we're not there yet - not even close.

Reliability in the NBA is a skill - a function of talent - so maybe we shouldn't be rushing to anoint Brown and Tatum as superstars.  Both have a long way to go. 

The problem comes when you need to pay them like superstars or risk losing them - if they still haven't improved on shortcomings - like this one.
Tatum is everything but immature, leave it alone

« Reply #50 on: January 11, 2019, 10:35:59 AM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
honestly, a move need mad ASAP or the season will be wasted.

Related to my merged AD thread, I think we *may* be intentionally wasting the season at this point.  DA could be afraid to unload valuable assets before he has a chance to secure AD.  He might even have already promised Pel GM Dell Demps that some of the assets this board wants to deal would be available via trade or potentially S&T this summer.

« Reply #51 on: January 11, 2019, 10:37:19 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
That kind of conflict's not a big deal to me; my only real problem is it was done in public instead of behind the scenes.  But Jaylen screwed up badly on that play, got down on himself for missing a shot and it led to him not getting back on D and giving up a layup. He deserved to be called out for it by a vet.  Just don't like how it went down in the moment.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 11:42:28 AM by fairweatherfan »

« Reply #52 on: January 11, 2019, 10:37:33 AM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
Horford is the only one who helps make his teammates better.

Tatum and Kyrie just take from others. Morris too. All too shot happy and/or ball-dominant.

Nobody is helping Jaylen find his groove in this new-look team. I am not mad at a young player for being inconsistent in this situation (Kyrie is the one I am most mad at - he is the vet).
What you are saying was true last night, but not in the previous 4 games when the ball was shared.
We just need to play that way consistently- not such easy task.

Well, Horford didn't make anyone better last night, except maybe the architect of Miami's defense.  He sucked badly.

« Reply #53 on: January 11, 2019, 10:39:26 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Rather have Morris than Brown..hope they resign Morris

No way

« Reply #54 on: January 11, 2019, 10:39:51 AM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
The biggest problem with this team is its toughness. Everyone is too busy trying to make flashy, pooh ahhh plays.

They're allergic to the paint on offense and defense.

Can we ever see Horford and William's play together? Can we ever see Hayward or Tatum play in the backcourt?

Why can't Stevens ever play a traditional lineup? Enough with small ball all the time. It's good at times but sometimes you have to be physical and that's unheard of in today's NBA.

« Reply #55 on: January 11, 2019, 11:03:29 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

Apparently you never played sports as a job, when one don't understand with language you make them understand with their body
What Brown did is absolutely unacceptable and can't be overlooked, Morris did the right thing, sacrifice his body to try to wake his teammate up

And you have? Yeah okay buddy.

And sacrifice? What did he sacrifice? Putting hands whether it is a light shove is not a vet move.

Rather have Morris than Brown..hope they resign Morris

No way

Like Morris, but his future isn't better than Brown... Let's be honest.

That kind of conflict's not a big deal to me; my only real problem is it was done in public instead of behind the scenes.  But Jaylen screwed up badly on that play, got down on himself for missing a shot and it led to him not getting back on D and missing a layup. He deserved to be called out for it by a vet.  Just don't like how it went down in the moment.

Kind of how I see it.

It wasn't meant as in insult and I'm sorry if that's how it seems. I was merely trying to point out that for people who have played, they should realize that people get heated sometimes. Especially when they are losing or not playing well and thing get a little out of hand. I did not personally think that little shove was a big deal. Now if either had thrown a punch, then yeah, that's a problem.

No worries man, just that I've noticed people use that as the go to insult: You ever watch basketball? You clearly haven't watched the game last night. Have you ever played basketball? Etc, etc. But I do agree, light shove, but even then, it could've ended up worse if Smart didn't restrain Brown.

Brown seems very volatile, and emotionally up and down at times. My line of thinking is that provoking someone like Brown isn't good. I like Morris, but he seems to instigate a lot, and even though Smart has done it to Brown also, they are very good friends and Smart is more of a leader on this team than Morris.

Either way, this probably isn't a big deal. Knowing how much the media dislikes the Celtics, this will be talked for days. Just like Dray and KD scuffle/shouting match.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 11:11:18 AM by Monkhouse »
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #56 on: January 11, 2019, 11:16:45 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
The biggest problem with this team is its toughness. Everyone is too busy trying to make flashy, pooh ahhh plays.

They're allergic to the paint on offense and defense.

Can we ever see Horford and William's play together? Can we ever see Hayward or Tatum play in the backcourt?

Why can't Stevens ever play a traditional lineup? Enough with small ball all the time. It's good at times but sometimes you have to be physical and that's unheard of in today's NBA.

the best way to beat small ball is to play bully ball.

« Reply #57 on: January 11, 2019, 11:36:36 AM »

Offline Chief Macho

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
jaylen hasn't had his head in the game all year.  he's kind of a weirdo too.   but, he wants to play.  can't blame him.   him sitting on the bench isn't help win games either.    danny should have thinned this roster,  let tatum and brown stay on the court.   it's the only way they get better.   watching morris play out his contract year isn't going to really help our future.

« Reply #58 on: January 11, 2019, 11:50:26 AM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
Read the jackie mac article from a month or so ago:  http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25502202/jaylen-brown-new-journey-why-important-boston-celtics-nba

Pretty interesting.  We keep getting tiny hints that Jaylen isn't totally fitting in with this group and there's been some conflict as he adjusts to his new reality of being a bench player.

Regardless of whether this is true, I don't see Brown being involved in any move with AD very likely being available this summer. Brown could be a primary piece of that deal.
A sweetener maybe but brown's value is dropping like a rock.  I've been incredibly bearish on his potential for more than two years and it looks like I may have been right.  Just like his draft scouting report, it's clear that Brown is more athlete than basketball player.  Don't think the other teams don't know this too.  We want AD, then it's Tatum or bust.

« Reply #59 on: January 11, 2019, 12:13:30 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1547
This whole ordeal sort of confirms with me that Morris is likely to be moved in a deal that drops Boston below the luxury tax.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip