Author Topic: Heated between Morris and Brown during timeout in Miami  (Read 8820 times)

Heated between Morris and Brown during timeout in Miami
« on: January 10, 2019, 10:36:24 PM »

Offline drogbagarnett

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 37
I couldnt find any post around this...
Bleacher Report has a short vid of the altercation...

Re: Heated between Morris and Brown during timeout in Miami
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2019, 10:54:11 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Read the jackie mac article from a month or so ago:  http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25502202/jaylen-brown-new-journey-why-important-boston-celtics-nba

Pretty interesting.  We keep getting tiny hints that Jaylen isn't totally fitting in with this group and there's been some conflict as he adjusts to his new reality of being a bench player.

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2019, 10:55:10 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
Being discussed in the game thread. Anyone know when during the game it happened? Beginning, end? I'm guessing nearer the end than the beginning.

It's probably much ado about nothing...I got into a fistfight with a teammate at school once, long ago. We both got it out of our system and were good after that  :angel:

Really comes down to whether there's multiple examples of corroborating evidence of some kind of personality issue/split in the locker room. Even if there is as long as they can deal with it like grown adults it shouldn't affect the team, Kobe and Shaq hated each other yet won championships together.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2019, 10:55:49 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
TPs all.

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2019, 10:55:53 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2932
Read the jackie mac article from a month or so ago:  http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25502202/jaylen-brown-new-journey-why-important-boston-celtics-nba

Pretty interesting.  We keep getting tiny hints that Jaylen isn't totally fitting in with this group and there's been some conflict as he adjusts to his new reality of being a bench player.

Regardless of whether this is true, I don't see Brown being involved in any move with AD very likely being available this summer. Brown could be a primary piece of that deal.

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2019, 11:16:31 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540
Morris is a volatile personality who plays hard most nights - Brown has had trouble focusing at times (too many times) this season.  Brown has also been very good recently.  Interesting to see where it goes from here.

It just seems like league-wide there are a lot of younger players who get lots of hype and don't hustle every night. Jaylen and Tatum are both in that category right now unfortunately.

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2019, 11:33:34 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2019, 11:43:02 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2932
The play is down near the bottom of the page. I don't blame Morris at all.

https://www.celticsblog.com/2019/1/10/18177989/jaylen-brown-marcus-morris-scuffle-during-timeout-vs-miami-heat-boston-celtics

Yep, looks like what Mo was mad about, which certainly seems justified, too.

The young'uns need an attitude adjustment.

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2019, 11:45:25 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
The play is down near the bottom of the page. I don't blame Morris at all.

https://www.celticsblog.com/2019/1/10/18177989/jaylen-brown-marcus-morris-scuffle-during-timeout-vs-miami-heat-boston-celtics

That gives us the context. Agree, Morris could have smacked him in the back of the head after that and he wouldn't have been out of line. And it's in the 2nd quarter with a 3 pt deficit.

Pretty inept defending from Jaylen but to be fair he's not the only one on this team who hangs his head and takes himself out of the game when he misses, it's something that's happened many times this season. Miss a shot, hang your head in frustration, get back slowly and other team scores in transition. They gotta fix that.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2019, 11:59:34 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Brown prob thought he got fouled

Morris needs to relax

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2019, 12:13:26 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 551
At the 3 second mark Jaylen puts his hand to his head so he may have gotten hit in the head.

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2019, 01:00:22 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
At the 3 second mark Jaylen puts his hand to his head so he may have gotten hit in the head.

CBS is losing this team.....there is absolutely no veteran leadership on the team. Al is too soft, CBS is soft.....Smart may be to young to assume the leadership position. This team is too immature.