Author Topic: Tonight and the small forward posistion aka no Marquis  (Read 7109 times)

Re: Tonight and the small forward posistion aka no Marquis
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2010, 05:13:36 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
DC is a great team for this to happen since they like to play a three guard team with Hinrich at SF. 

Otherwise, I imagine we will see Ray play more SF. 
Ray picking up the slack sans garbage time is pretty much my view.

« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2010, 05:19:42 PM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
According to Greg Dickerson's Twitter, Marquis has been spotted at the Garden. Now we still don't know if he will suit or not but I guess he will if his absence was "only" due to family issues.

« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2010, 05:33:19 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
10 minutes from Von Wafer, that's how the Celtics are going to deal with Daniels' absence.

As little as he's contributing right now, Wafer is a better SF option for this team than Harangody or Lasme.
he has to prove that, so far I'd say he would be chalked up as low risk mistake
I don't know what you think he has to prove. Maybe he has to prove that he's a capable rotation player. But that's not the question. He's already proven he's a better option at SF than Harangody or Lasme, and that's all that's relevant at this point.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2010, 06:22:25 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
According to Greg Dickerson's Twitter, Marquis has been spotted at the Garden. Now we still don't know if he will suit or not but I guess he will if his absence was "only" due to family issues.

Sherrod Blakely said Q "should play" tonight.

« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2010, 06:47:21 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1420
  • Let's Go Celtics!
10 minutes from Von Wafer, that's how the Celtics are going to deal with Daniels' absence.

As little as he's contributing right now, Wafer is a better SF option for this team than Harangody or Lasme.
I don't know what you think he has to prove. Maybe he has to prove that he's a capable rotation player. But that's not the question. He's already proven he's a better option at SF than Harangody or Lasme, and that's all that's relevant at this point.

has he proved that? Wafer could barely make an impact in the rotation with Delonte West out - which was primetime to make an impression. IMO, he only made the roster over Lasme because D.West was out and he flopped. So yes, he has some stuff to prove - like can he contribute more to this team than 4.4 minutes of no defense?
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2010, 06:50:51 PM »

Offline Prof. Clutch

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 237
  • Mind Games
No Marquis shouldn't be a problem at least for tonight seeing how it's the Wizards and all.  Not only that, but the Wizards minus Wall and Yi.

« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2010, 07:04:44 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428

has he proved that? Wafer could barely make an impact in the rotation with Delonte West out - which was primetime to make an impression. IMO, he only made the roster over Lasme because D.West was out and he flopped. So yes, he has some stuff to prove - like can he contribute more to this team than 4.4 minutes of no defense?
cosign but add in bad attitude
i'd rather daniels does sit and put up or be gone for wafer

« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2010, 11:58:51 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Well Daniels did play, and he played pretty well.

« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2010, 08:08:16 AM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
He's solid and will have an occassional very good game.  Daniels does a lot of things that don't show up in stat sheet.  In his 5 or 6 minutes I thought Luke did look last night.  His offense comes within the system and his shot is smooth.  No doubt he is an nba rebounder, I would have liked to see more of him, especially defending the sf position ie. can he do it?

« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2010, 08:38:01 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
He's solid and will have an occassional very good game.  Daniels does a lot of things that don't show up in stat sheet.  In his 5 or 6 minutes I thought Luke did look last night.  His offense comes within the system and his shot is smooth.  No doubt he is an nba rebounder, I would have liked to see more of him, especially defending the sf position ie. can he do it?
Given what I saw of him in college and pre-season, no.

He's another Brian Scalabrine type, if you play him at the 3 he's going to get exposed.

« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2010, 09:59:07 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

With the risk to repeat myself, the thing he doesn't have to prove is that he's a better SF option than both Lasme and Harangody. That's it.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2010, 10:30:56 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

He's another Brian Scalabrine type, if you play him at the 3 he's going to get exposed.

Scalabrine was a much better defensive SF than Harangody though.  He had much quicker feet, and was a better defender in general.  Scal never got enough credit for his ability to cover SFs.  He was really very good at it.

« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2010, 10:41:49 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell

Scalabrine was a much better defensive SF than Harangody though.  He had much quicker feet, and was a better defender in general.  Scal never got enough credit for his ability to cover SFs.  He was really very good at it.
I never thought all that much of his defense on SFs. He always did a better job covering PFs in my eyes.

« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2010, 10:45:30 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Not a Harangody fan. I think he goes D league at somepoint soon. Glad to see that Q could come back and contribute to last nights game.

« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2010, 12:19:30 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

I never thought all that much of his defense on SFs. He always did a better job covering PFs in my eyes.

He did a decent job against the non-star SF.