Author Topic: If we kept Rondo , Love could still be a possibility ?  (Read 3015 times)

Re: If we kept Rondo , Love could still be a possibility ?
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2014, 05:15:30 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
On the bright side, Ainge-Stevens can now build a team from scratch according to their taste. I always felt the chemistry between Stevens and RR wasn't great.
Well in five years if ainge hasn't moved the parts to make a strong team i'm not sure he (fired) or stevens will still be around.
I think we are on a healthy 3 year rebuild from now. 

« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2014, 05:15:47 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
"if". but why take a chance? esp. considering Rondo was pretty much not coming back.

it was time to move on last yr., if not at the draft. once Love was traded to Cleveland, Danny should have been on the phone shopping Rondo. i'm pretty sure he could have gotten a similar deal that he ended up getting.   

« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2014, 05:15:57 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Have you watched Love in Cleveland this year? Talk about a guy who was over-hyped due to his inflated stats on a lousy team.  Who cares if we could have gotten him. I don't want him.

« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2014, 05:17:57 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Do you think Ainge just did the trade without having the slightest inclination that either Rondo a) wouldn't re-sign or b) he wanted more money than the C's were willing to pay?

According to some Celtics fans here, Ainge was high / drunk / delirious and decided to trade Rondo for a pizza and a six pack.

Exactly. Rondo fans don't like to accept that Ainge had information on the entire situation that ranged from the likelihood Rondo re-signed to his maket value. If Rondo fans want to blame someone then blame Rondo for not being able to muster a better return.

« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2014, 06:03:42 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
On the bright side, Ainge-Stevens can now build a team from scratch according to their taste. I always felt the chemistry between Stevens and RR wasn't great.

Not looking too bright to me.  Just haven't acquired a taste for the CBS Kool-Aid yet.

I am with you in regards to Stevens. Sometimes great college coaches should remain at the college level.

« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2014, 06:11:01 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville

Not looking too bright to me.  Just haven't acquired a taste for the CBS Kool-Aid yet.

I am with you in regards to Stevens. Sometimes great college coaches should remain at the college level.
Print this out and let's meet again in three years  ;D

« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2014, 06:14:57 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429

You mean when Stevens is coaching Indiana University?

« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2014, 06:19:39 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville

You mean when Stevens is coaching Indiana University?
The Xinjiang Flying Tigers or the Liaoning Flying Leopards  ;D
Seriously now, I think Stevens will turn out fine as an NBA coach.

« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2014, 06:24:01 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
We could have kept Rondo and gotten Josh Smith...

« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2014, 06:34:52 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Why would you want Love, these days?   I think the whole CLE thing has exposed him.

« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2014, 06:35:59 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
is this sarcasm?

id honestly be happier with losing Rondo and getting the poo poo platter we got back than that scenario.
Greg

« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2014, 06:43:11 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
ha, ha, ha, ha, ha....no.

the league pretty much told us what the market value of both rondo and josh are. posters here can disagree all they want, but the GMs of the nba have let us know that they do not value either player as much as some bc posters.

the market spoke on rondo and it wasnt flattering. his value is not what we imagine it to be.

smith was completely set free and detroit said "we would rather eat his salary as a side dish for a crow platter than see him wear a piston uniform ever again." this is not an endorsement.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2014, 07:01:25 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950

If the Celtics got Smith, that would be a pure tank move that would make trading Rondo the correct follow up transaction.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference