Poll

If Kyrie leaves AND there is an AD trade, would you be in favor of re-signing Rozier?

Yes
29 (50.9%)
No
28 (49.1%)

Total Members Voted: 57

Author Topic: All Aboard the Rozier Train...I guess  (Read 9704 times)

Re: All Aboard the Rozier Train...I guess
« Reply #105 on: June 16, 2019, 04:12:32 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
If another team signs rozier, let him walk.  If no one does, bring him back for his last year.  No way I sign him long term. 

That’s where I’m at.

My opinion is the other way around. Sign him longterm on low salary such that Rozier becomes an asset or let him walk. What's the point of bringing him back for one year?

If he does well we have to pay him or let him go for noting. If not, it's another wasted year of investment.

The question is what a low salary is for a role player?

I can tell you it's not 10+ million a year (I'm starting a topic on this subject).

« Reply #106 on: June 16, 2019, 04:17:25 PM »

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 236
If another team signs rozier, let him walk.  If no one does, bring him back for his last year.  No way I sign him long term. 

That’s where I’m at.

My opinion is the other way around. Sign him longterm on low salary such that Rozier becomes an asset or let him walk. What's the point of bringing him back for one year?

If he does well we have to pay him or let him go for noting. If not, it's another wasted year of investment.

I can tell you it's not 10+ million a year (I'm starting a topic on this subject).

We don’t just get to sign him for a team friendly deal. He either signs an offer sheet or not. If he signs an offer sheet, we either match it or not. If he doesn’t sign an offer sheet, he’s not going to take a team friendly deal.

« Reply #107 on: June 16, 2019, 04:55:34 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am

That’s where I’m at.

We don’t just get to sign him for a team friendly deal. He either signs an offer sheet or not. If he signs an offer sheet, we either match it or not. If he doesn’t sign an offer sheet, he’s not going to take a team friendly deal.

In that case it's an easy decision then. You can't pay Rozier-level players more than 5-8 million a year.

A lot of superstars aren't paid maximum salary (to todays cap standards), but that will obviously change. When the cap stops increasing and the dust settles, many franchises will find the imbalance in their salary structure, where role players are paid too much and puts them in a tough positon to keep their best players.

« Reply #108 on: June 16, 2019, 05:20:26 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
22-8 as a starter for us , 14.4 pts, 5.9 boards and 4 assists per game. Decent numbers but will need assist total to increase and he plays more aggressive defense then the superstar who is leaving us. He could thrive as our starter. Luckily we have this option as well.

He also shined vs Bucks in 2018 clincher vs the team that annihilated us this year. 29 pts, 9 assists and 6 boards to go with strong defense.

All year long I thought Danny had to keep Terry with possibility Kyrie would bolt due to him not having that loving feeling with our city. It is a very good fallback option.

« Reply #109 on: June 16, 2019, 05:34:24 PM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
honestly, rozier signing  is my biggest fear in this offseason, kid can score with the ball in his hands and that is it.

P.S. and rebound to be fair
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger