Author Topic: Is Isaiah Thomas ever going to play in NBA again?  (Read 13940 times)

Re: Is Isaiah Thomas ever going to play in NBA again?
« Reply #45 on: February 08, 2019, 02:50:00 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I suspect IT will play for Denver at some point this season.

I have serious reservations that he'll be very effective, though.  He's probably down to his last chance to prove he still is a NBA caliber player.

« Reply #46 on: February 08, 2019, 02:52:29 PM »

Offline Rich

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 12
I hope so, bc I really like him and will pull for him wherever he ends up.
Let’s go Celtics!!

« Reply #47 on: February 08, 2019, 04:04:04 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
I hope he can be a spark off the bench for Denver and that team can give Golden State some troubles! Go Isaiah!

« Reply #48 on: February 08, 2019, 04:07:56 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Hope so.

He deserves another shot.

« Reply #49 on: February 08, 2019, 04:45:05 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I hope he can be a spark off the bench for Denver and that team can give Golden State some troubles! Go Isaiah!

Man I really don't know how much pt Isaiah is going to get at this point.  Both backup guards for Denver Monte Morris and Malik Beasley have been playing really well.

« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2019, 04:55:08 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

Man I really don't know how much pt Isaiah is going to get at this point.  Both backup guards for Denver Monte Morris and Malik Beasley have been playing really well.

It's okay, there's a back up PG spot available next year when Rozier leaves.  ;D ;D ;D
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #51 on: February 08, 2019, 04:57:41 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
D league haha

He wanted a Max contract and now he is playing in a YMCA gym in the middle of nowhere

As others have already pointed out, that response is pretty classless.

The guy did nothing but give us his all and expedite our rebuild through fantastic play and effective recruiting.

I guess you can laugh at an athlete’s body breaking down that finds a multiple-time all-star and MVP-candidate trying to make it back, some may find that funny. I suppose Hayward’s last 16 months must be a real hoot for you.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2019, 06:15:54 PM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
Definitely he will play again. Just depends on whether he accepts his situation or not. He's not a starter anymore, but his ambition has always been such.

If he can accept his new role then he can still be very successful. His personality is off the charts, it's very hard to dislike the man, especially his smile. If his plays it right that could lead to a decent post playing career on TV.

But he has to adapt now. He's not going to be able to do what he did before. He's going to need managed minutes and he's going to make less than he hoped. Big hurdles to overcome but if he can he is still a very special person and could still be a huge difference maker on a contender.

« Reply #53 on: February 08, 2019, 06:24:50 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
When I look at his present situation I realize that we almost signed him to a long term max deal just before all of his physical problems exploded.

Man, that was an arrow to the heart avoided.

« Reply #54 on: February 08, 2019, 08:43:47 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
D league haha

He wanted a Max contract and now he is playing in a YMCA gym in the middle of nowhere
He is just going there to practice because Denver doesn't have any practices coming up.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #55 on: February 09, 2019, 06:28:08 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362
Season is now halfway over and he has not even started regular practices. If he doesn't get some burn this year it is hard to imagine him getting another contract in the offseason. Really feel bad for the guy. On the plus side it seems like he has been a strong leader in the lockerroom for Denver.

https://www.denverpost.com/2018/12/02/isaiah-thomas-anticipates-nuggets-return/

I genuinely hope so. I have a lot of time for IT. He's the type of player you want to have on your team, loyal and gives his all when he's there. Unfortunately he learned the hard way about the transactional nature of professional sport, and that while players are quickly accused of being disloyal to a team if they want to move, when teams move a loyal player for someone better/different it's just business.

And to top it off you have people laughing at him/mocking him for his misfortune because he dared to voice out what he wanted for himself.

After what happened to him I can't blame any player, whether it was LeBum, or AD, or KD, for wanting to move somewhere before they decline and get moved. Gotta look out for yourself as nobody will look out for you, in the NBA as in real life.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #56 on: February 09, 2019, 07:32:51 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
I hope the best for IT. I disagree that outside of Boston people seem to think we "did him dirty". It is a business and Danny did what was best for the team I hope IT regains his game and flourishes.

« Reply #57 on: February 09, 2019, 08:21:06 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279

I genuinely hope so. I have a lot of time for IT. He's the type of player you want to have on your team, loyal and gives his all when he's there. Unfortunately he learned the hard way about the transactional nature of professional sport, and that while players are quickly accused of being disloyal to a team if they want to move, when teams move a loyal player for someone better/different it's just business.

Getting traded to LBJ's Cle , NBa finalist 3 years in a row is hardly a bad destination.... He wasn't shipped to the kings or the suns.

[/quote]

« Reply #58 on: February 09, 2019, 10:49:00 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
When I look at his present situation I realize that we almost signed him to a long term max deal just before all of his physical problems exploded.

Man, that was an arrow to the heart avoided.

Imagine if we had signed both IT and Hayward to max deals? I know Hayward probably doesn't get hurt because Kyrie threw the pass and Crowder was part of collision, but let's just assume everything is as it is - that would have totally crippled this franchise.

I also don't get how we did him 'dirty'. I love IT and what he did for the franchise, but he was traded to a contender while still on his deal (it's not like he opted in and then we traded him). Furthermore, we didn't even sign him to that bargain contract - PHX did. You see tons of player movement all around the NBA, but somehow this is the situation AD's dad decides to zero in on. It kinda stinks.

« Reply #59 on: February 09, 2019, 10:53:05 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362

Getting traded to LBJ's Cle , NBa finalist 3 years in a row is hardly a bad destination.... He wasn't shipped to the kings or the suns.

[/quote]

Pretty sure IT wasn't jumping up and down with joy when the move was announced. He was the man here, he thought he would be the man and possibly become the next Paul Pierce. Instead he got shipped out. But that's professional sport. I have no issue with him being shipped out if that was in the team's best interest, whether it was because we had access to a better player, or he was injured, or we didn't want to pay him. Just as I understand when players want to leave teams to go somewhere else. As a fan I don't like good players leaving my team of their own accord, but I can understand why they do it. It's the front office's job to make sure they build a team environment that makes players want to play for them.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D