Author Topic: Is Isaiah Thomas ever going to play in NBA again?  (Read 13933 times)

Re: Is Isaiah Thomas ever going to play in NBA again?
« Reply #90 on: February 14, 2019, 06:16:21 AM »

Offline 10610786d

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 27
Great to see IT make some kind of impact! Loved that 3 at the top of the key to give them the lead.

IT should sign up to donate his body to science after he dies.

I think he has the clutch gene.

« Reply #91 on: February 14, 2019, 06:19:28 AM »

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
Hopefully if he can get back to playing the curse of IT will be lifted for the Celtics.  It would be nice not to worry about serious injuries to major players.

« Reply #92 on: February 14, 2019, 06:34:54 AM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 224
So much respect for him. Hope he gets an enormous standing O when he plays in Boston next month.

« Reply #93 on: February 14, 2019, 06:41:49 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
So much respect for him. Hope he gets an enormous standing O when he plays in Boston next month.

I can't see anything but a HUGE standing O for him when he returns. It will be good to see the smile.

« Reply #94 on: February 14, 2019, 06:58:28 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
So much respect for him. Hope he gets an enormous standing O when he plays in Boston next month

I can't see anything but a HUGE standing O for him when he returns. It will be good to see the smile.

Yeah, if fans are still cheering for Rondo half a dozen teams later, you’ve got to think that IT gets cheered his first game back here.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #95 on: February 14, 2019, 07:01:53 AM »

Offline Adelaide Celt

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 206
Hopefully if he can get back to playing the curse of IT will be lifted for the Celtics.  It would be nice not to worry about serious injuries to major players.

Absolutely asinine comment. Serious injuries can occur to anyone playing sport, regardless of whatever trades might have been made.
NO AMOUNT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL MANIPULATION, HORMONAL OR SURGICAL MUTILATION WILL EVER CHANGE A PERSON'S GENDER

« Reply #96 on: February 14, 2019, 04:34:02 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1361

I wonder if he will get his long-awaited tribute video.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #97 on: February 14, 2019, 04:44:19 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Love the little guy.  Super happy to see him back on the court.

Also, I'm looking forward to him playing against the Celtics, because considering how aggressively the Celts targeted JJ Redick and TJ McConnell against the Sixers, I can only imagine how hard they'll go after IT every second he's on the court.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #98 on: February 14, 2019, 05:09:18 PM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130

I'm looking forward to being in attendance, and I hope he gets some sort of acknowledgement.  Does anyone think the drama surrounding Kyrie might lead to the team avoiding a formal "tribute"?  I expect the Garden crowd to shower IT with love.  It might not look great in a town that is split on Kyrie. 

Anyways, I'll always have a soft spot for the "little guy".  His 18 months in Boston are nothing but a positive memory.

« Reply #99 on: February 14, 2019, 05:12:30 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

I'm looking forward to being in attendance, and I hope he gets some sort of acknowledgement.  Does anyone think the drama surrounding Kyrie might lead to the team avoiding a formal "tribute"?  I expect the Garden crowd to shower IT with love.  It might not look great in a town that is split on Kyrie. 

Anyways, I'll always have a soft spot for the "little guy".  His 18 months in Boston will always be a positive memory as a Celtics fan.

What about the other 12 months?  ;D ;D
I'm bitter.

« Reply #100 on: February 14, 2019, 05:12:47 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
IT is cool .

hope he is Celtic again some day

« Reply #101 on: February 14, 2019, 05:16:53 PM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130

Anyways, I'll always have a soft spot for the "little guy".  His 18 months in Boston will always be a positive memory as a Celtics fan.

What about the other 12 months?  ;D ;D

lol time flies.  It felt shorter than 2 1/4 seasons with him.   

« Reply #102 on: February 14, 2019, 05:27:23 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Anyways, I'll always have a soft spot for the "little guy".  His 18 months in Boston are nothing but a positive memory.
I think the IT tribute is never going to happen. At least it shouldn't. Given the problems in the locker room, last thing this team needs to do is give a video tribute to a former Celtic that played here for just 2.5 seasons. IT is the past. Need to focus on the here and now and the future.

I loved the little guy but he deserves a video tribute less than a former Celtic like Rondo and Rondo got nothing. IT was awesome for 2 seasons. Love and thank him for it but he doesn't deserve a video tribute.

The crowd will give him a long standing ovation when he enters the game. That's good.

« Reply #103 on: February 14, 2019, 06:11:19 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741

I think the IT tribute is never going to happen. At least it shouldn't. Given the problems in the locker room, last thing this team needs to do is give a video tribute to a former Celtic that played here for just 2.5 seasons. IT is the past. Need to focus on the here and now and the future.

I loved the little guy but he deserves a video tribute less than a former Celtic like Rondo and Rondo got nothing. IT was awesome for 2 seasons. Love and thank him for it but he doesn't deserve a video tribute.

The crowd will give him a long standing ovation when he enters the game. That's good.

I read on Twitter that it's happening. I don't know how reliable that is but if he plays, I expect he'll get it and he should.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #104 on: February 14, 2019, 06:22:22 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!

I don't care one way or the other about IT's video, but Rondo did get one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQuysLG2NU8
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman