Author Topic: 2012 Patriots Football  (Read 111764 times)

Re: 2012 Patriots Football
« Reply #630 on: January 20, 2013, 10:23:22 PM »

Offline mahonedog88

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 119
What a miserable performance. Utterly disappointing. Questionable playcalling throughout, starting in the first quarter. Brady was off the mark on a lot of his passes, especially the deep ones, Welker had another key drop, Belichick never really going for it. Horrible.
another key drop on a throw thrown behind him.

Not sure what you're thinking of, but the key drop for Welker was right on his chest, between his hands.  Just a bad drop.

Pretty huge drop by Vereen in the 4th, too.

On the Pats first offensive series in the second half, Welker was wide open and he dropped that pass that was slightly high but hit him right in the hands...that might've been the biggest drop in the game

« Reply #631 on: January 20, 2013, 11:06:33 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
What a miserable performance. Utterly disappointing. Questionable playcalling throughout, starting in the first quarter. Brady was off the mark on a lot of his passes, especially the deep ones, Welker had another key drop, Belichick never really going for it. Horrible.

Not sure what you're thinking of, but the key drop for Welker was right on his chest, between his hands.  Just a bad drop.

On the Pats first offensive series in the second half, Welker was wide open and he dropped that pass that was slightly high but hit him right in the hands...that might've been the biggest drop in the game

Yeah, very disappointing.

But I mean, you can't pin a loss on a couple of drops.

The Patriots' D fell apart as soon as Talib went out.  They were already very thin without Chandler Jones or Kyle Love.  Ultimately, they gave up 28 points to a Ravens offense that has some receiving threats but really should not score that many points against a competent defense.

Tom Brady was once again outplayed by Flacco.  Even without the drops, Brady had a pretty cringe-worthy game.  Yet another piece of evidence for the naysayers.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #632 on: January 20, 2013, 11:10:12 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
The drops weren't why you guys lost. You lost bc you were thoroughly dominated in the second half. It was a team loss. Welker dropped some balls but the defense couldn't get off the field. Baltimore went to another level intensity wise and New England couldn't match it. It's obvious that the ray Lewis situation has this team playing its most inspired ball in years.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #633 on: January 20, 2013, 11:47:30 PM »

Offline mahonedog88

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 119
The drops weren't why you guys lost. You lost bc you were thoroughly dominated in the second half. It was a team loss. Welker dropped some balls but the defense couldn't get off the field. Baltimore went to another level intensity wise and New England couldn't match it. It's obvious that the ray Lewis situation has this team playing its most inspired ball in years.

Yeah the Pats energy didn't seem quite on the Ravens level all game, especially in the second half.  They were kicking themselves for the bad clock management at the end of the first half and didn't really seem to get over it in the second half.  And then once the Ravens took the lead, even though they were only up 1, you could just sense that the Patriots confidence didn't seem to be very high

« Reply #634 on: January 20, 2013, 11:54:29 PM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1649
The Patriots dominated the first half, but only had a 6-point lead to show for it.  They should have hung 28 on them.  They didn't.  That was the ballgame. 

Their inability to take advantage of opportunities let the Ravens hang around until they kicked into gear in the second half. 

« Reply #635 on: January 21, 2013, 01:03:14 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Brady's legacy is definitely in tatters compared to where it was going into the Super Bowl in February, 2008.

I think the legacy in terms of "best QB ever / better than Joe Montana" is tattered.

Other than that, though, I think he'll still be viewed as one of the best and most successful QBs ever.  The "haven't won since Spygate" thing could continue to gain traction, though.
There's that and I think people will look back at his Superbowl wins and realize he was pretty much a game manager in the first and third (and in the second Jake Delhomme went throw for throw with him).  In fact, in the first his stats were worse than Dilfer's who is known solely as a game manager.  I think people will look back and say, hey any good QB was going to win with those Patriots teams.

I thought this at the time....game manager with awesome defense (Belichick's coaching specialty)

Then Brady's stats got better (way better)....but the team success (SB victories) never came

« Reply #636 on: January 21, 2013, 03:17:18 AM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
I love my patriots, but

« Reply #637 on: January 21, 2013, 06:21:40 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

I was thinking of the one on 3rd down in the second half, that was behind him and high.  It hit him on the hands, but it wasn't a good throw.  Neither was the Vereen throw.  That was too low and too fast for that play.  Certainly they both could have and should have been caught, but they weren't good throws. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #638 on: January 21, 2013, 02:02:53 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8864682/bill-barnwell-conference-championships%29

Interesting article about Brady's career and by looking at it in reverse chronological order. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #639 on: January 21, 2013, 02:04:34 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
Talib went out...patriots sucked...he was the difference on defense this season