Author Topic: Pats vs Saints (11.30.09)  (Read 34783 times)

Re: Pats vs Saints (11.30.09)
« Reply #225 on: December 01, 2009, 09:04:22 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
That was a painful loss.  On the bright side, we now know precisely where the Pats stand.  They are one of the good teams, but not elite teams.

In the AFC, the elite teams are the Colts and Chargers.  I think the Pats are in the next group that includes the Bengals and Broncos.

The Pats seem a long way away from making a SB appearance.  On the other hand, at this time of year in 2007 you could probably have said the same thing about the Giants when they came off of their 41-17 loss against the Vikings....
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #226 on: December 01, 2009, 09:18:46 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I wouldn't put the Chargers in as an elite just yet. Their recent stretch of wins includes 2 wins over KC, a win over Oakland, wins over struggling and slumping Denver and Giants teams, and a win over Philly. Not exactly an impressive resume of wins over teams that are good or playing well.

I think there are three great teams in this league right now. Minnesota, Indianapolis, and New Orleans. After that there a large group of very good teams like NE, SD, Cincy, Dallas, Philly, and Arizona and maybe Pittsbugh, the Giants and Denver.

« Reply #227 on: December 01, 2009, 09:21:57 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
That was a painful loss.  On the bright side, we now know precisely where the Pats stand.  They are one of the good teams, but not elite teams.

In the AFC, the elite teams are the Colts and Chargers.  I think the Pats are in the next group that includes the Bengals and Broncos.

The Pats seem a long way away from making a SB appearance.  On the other hand, at this time of year in 2007 you could probably have said the same thing about the Giants when they came off of their 41-17 loss against the Vikings....

True. Or even last year's Cardinals, who were a whisker away from winning it all last year.  In their last six games, they went 2-4 and lost games 48-20, 35-14, and 47-7 (following an earlier 56-35 loss to the Jets).

All it takes is to get hot at the right time.  However, I just don't think the Pats are championship caliber this year.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #228 on: December 01, 2009, 09:40:45 AM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
I'm not gonna watch the Patriots again until the post-season.  Clearly they are an irrelevant team at this point.  It's hard to swallow that as a New England fan, but we have to get used to the idea that the Patriots aren't in that conversation anymore. 

I'm not sure when they will be again.  They have a lot of work to do.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #229 on: December 01, 2009, 10:02:55 AM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 592
What an embarrassment this game is. The Saints are definitely the best team in the NFL, and it hurts me to say it but the Pats just might not be that good this year.

I just hope the Saints and the Colts at least lose a game each before the season ends.

I think the patriots are good, but the saints are otherworldly. IT's like watching 2007 all over again... i dont see anyone in the NFC stopping them this year. I think they'll go into the SB undefeated.

Dont count out the viks. They are one tripping call away from being undefeated as well. This is not to knock the pats, but No will not do that to Minn. The Vikings will bring a pash rush and NO will not move the ball at will. I think you all are giving NO too much credit. This is the first really good complete game they have played in at least a month.
Out of the top 4 teams in the league, Minn has the most all around team imo. But this is why they play the game.
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #230 on: December 01, 2009, 10:15:58 AM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
What an embarrassment this game is. The Saints are definitely the best team in the NFL, and it hurts me to say it but the Pats just might not be that good this year.

I just hope the Saints and the Colts at least lose a game each before the season ends.

I think the patriots are good, but the saints are otherworldly. IT's like watching 2007 all over again... i dont see anyone in the NFC stopping them this year. I think they'll go into the SB undefeated.

Dont count out the viks. They are one tripping call away from being undefeated as well. This is not to knock the pats, but No will not do that to Minn. The Vikings will bring a pash rush and NO will not move the ball at will. I think you all are giving NO too much credit. This is the first really good complete game they have played in at least a month.
Out of the top 4 teams in the league, Minn has the most all around team imo. But this is why they play the game.

I agree, the way I see it, the Saints are #1, Vikes #2, and Colts #3.

The NFC Championship game is going to pretty much determine who wins the Superbowl, in my opinion.  The Colts are a good team but they don't have as balanced a team as either the Saints or the Vikes.

As for the Patriots, we'll go into the playoffs with a 12-4 record, most likely, and play against a team like the Broncos, Steelers, or Ravens in the wildcard round.  We may or may not win that game.  After that, we'll have to face decent teams on the road.  I don't see the Pats getting farther than the divisional round this year.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers