Author Topic: Merged Bryan Colangelo Twitter Scandal / Resignation Threads  (Read 24890 times)

Re: Colangelo resigns as 76ers President.
« Reply #150 on: June 07, 2018, 01:06:13 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1008
So looks like the twitter burner accounts were true after all

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

Re: You have to read this Bryan Colangelo fake Twitter accounts report
« Reply #151 on: June 07, 2018, 01:08:20 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
I don't even buy that it was his wife. These tweets don't read like that.

And his statement he through his wife under the bus and backed over her. Unbelievable chivalry.

Re: Merged Bryan Colangelo Twitter Scandal / Resignation Threads
« Reply #152 on: June 07, 2018, 01:20:18 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
We note, however, that our investigation was limited and impeded by certain actions taken by Ms. Bottini, including her decision to delete the contents of her iPhone by executing a factory reset of the device prior to surrendering it for forensic review.

http://www.phillyvoice.com/sixers-fire-gm-bryan-colangelo-aftermath-burner-account-scandal/

LOL cover up

« Reply #153 on: June 07, 2018, 01:27:20 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
We note, however, that our investigation was limited and impeded by certain actions taken by Ms. Bottini, including her decision to delete the contents of her iPhone by executing a factory reset of the device prior to surrendering it for forensic review.

http://www.phillyvoice.com/sixers-fire-gm-bryan-colangelo-aftermath-burner-account-scandal/

LOL cover up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTmfwklFM-M

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #154 on: June 07, 2018, 01:49:08 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Ownership fears that Colangelo's credibility inside and outside the organization may be too badly damaged to continue his job, especially within a month of a July free-agency period when the Sixers plan to pursue superstars such as LeBron James and Paul George to partner with young stars Joel Embiid and Ben Simmons.

Next Philly GM: Maverick Carter.
David Griffin might serve that same purpose, and he is actually a good GM.

I have read that BC is Griffin's mentor and is considered part of the family.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/pattisonave/Donnellon-Cavs-GM-David-Griffin-talks-about-Sixers-Bryan-Colangelo-.html

Not sure they can get away with firing BC and then hiring his protege?
If it lands them a top tier FA?

« Reply #155 on: June 07, 2018, 01:50:16 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I don't even buy that it was his wife. These tweets don't read like that.

And his statement he through his wife under the bus and backed over her. Unbelievable chivalry.
Hopefully they talked it out and agreed to throw her under the bus together.

Because I do not find it credible he didn't know based on the timeline of the account shut downs and her factory reset of her iphone.

« Reply #156 on: June 07, 2018, 01:50:36 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
[dang]

colangelo sucked

i was happy when phillyhired him

at least we took advantage while we could
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #157 on: June 07, 2018, 01:59:47 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Another victim of ainge

« Reply #158 on: June 07, 2018, 02:05:38 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
Ownership fears that Colangelo's credibility inside and outside the organization may be too badly damaged to continue his job, especially within a month of a July free-agency period when the Sixers plan to pursue superstars such as LeBron James and Paul George to partner with young stars Joel Embiid and Ben Simmons.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/pattisonave/Donnellon-Cavs-GM-David-Griffin-talks-about-Sixers-Bryan-Colangelo-.html

Yea. I would be very surprised. Colangelo is going to have an ax to grind with them and I don't know what his dad's role is with the team right now either. There is probably still stuff to come out from this. I don't think they are going to get things more convoluted by bringing in a guy that has a close relationship with Bryan and has repeatedly proclaimed his admiration for him. Also let's not act like Griffin is Windhorst to Lebron. I think Lebron thought he did a solid job in cleveland and certainly would think he was a good hire, but I haven't seen that makes it out like Griffin would be a slam dunk to get Lebron by any stretch (otherwise other teams would get in a bidding war for him)

« Reply #159 on: June 07, 2018, 02:06:59 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3189
Another victim of ainge

Yeah, thanks for Tatum and the pick!

« Reply #160 on: June 07, 2018, 02:33:09 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1558

Yea. I would be very surprised. Colangelo is going to have an ax to grind with them and I don't know what his dad's role is with the team right now either. There is probably still stuff to come out from this. I don't think they are going to get things more convoluted by bringing in a guy that has a close relationship with Bryan and has repeatedly proclaimed his admiration for him. Also let's not act like Griffin is Windhorst to Lebron. I think Lebron thought he did a solid job in cleveland and certainly would think he was a good hire, but I haven't seen that makes it out like Griffin would be a slam dunk to get Lebron by any stretch (otherwise other teams would get in a bidding war for him)
It obviously wouldn't be a slam dunk, but James likes Griffin a lot.  He to this day talks very highly of Griffin.  He wanted Griffin to be retained and there are a lot of reports out there, that James believes Griffin would have figured out how to make it work between himself and Irving (who James apparently didn't want traded). 

when you couple that Philly is one of the few teams that really make sense for James (they can sign him outright, have a lot of talent, and were a good team last year) it makes perfect sense for Philly to hire a qualified GM with a known relationship with James.  Even if Griffin doesn't lead to James, this is a very critical summer for the Sixers, so hiring someone with championship experience isn't a bad move on its own.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #161 on: June 07, 2018, 02:37:03 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2957
Lol way to throw your wife under the bus, Bryan. I think we all know who was really responsible here, yet he had his wife take the blame for him 🙄😂

« Reply #162 on: June 07, 2018, 02:40:33 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2957
How’s Philly looking, Lebron? Lol

With JC still associated with Philly, I'm not even sure that hiring Griffin would convince Lebron to go there now.

« Reply #163 on: June 07, 2018, 02:49:00 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
I see divorce papers coming. Lol

« Reply #164 on: June 07, 2018, 03:20:16 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395

It obviously wouldn't be a slam dunk, but James likes Griffin a lot.  He to this day talks very highly of Griffin.  He wanted Griffin to be retained and there are a lot of reports out there, that James believes Griffin would have figured out how to make it work between himself and Irving (who James apparently didn't want traded). 

when you couple that Philly is one of the few teams that really make sense for James (they can sign him outright, have a lot of talent, and were a good team last year) it makes perfect sense for Philly to hire a qualified GM with a known relationship with James.  Even if Griffin doesn't lead to James, this is a very critical summer for the Sixers, so hiring someone with championship experience isn't a bad move on its own.

Again you missed the biggest point of what i was saying. I guess i have to think you do this intentionally?

Griffin is the protege of Colangelo and greatly admires him. They are trying to get the Colangelos out of the organization. The other stuff is very secondary and distant.