Celtics Basketball > Celtics Talk

Celtics: 3rd most viewed team of the NBA. Big market Boston?

(1/1)

CelticsElite:
https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2019/02/nba-ratings-decline-season-break/

NBA regular season games have averaged approximately 1.87 million viewers across ESPN, ABC and TNT entering the 2019 All-Star break, which is down eight percent from last year (2.02M), but up three percent from 2016-17 (1.82M).

Viewership has declined 12% for games starting before 9:30 PM ET (from 2.30M to 2.02M), and increased 4% for games starting after 9:30 (from 1.64M to 1.70M).

The Lakers are the biggest draw in the NBA with 2.77 million viewers per game.

The Warriors rank as the second-biggest draw this season, with their games averaging 2.58 million. At the same point last year, Golden State games were averaging 2.94 million.

The Celtics (2.18M), Thunder (2.08M) and Sixers (2.03M) round out the top five.

Who:
Why are OKC so high?

mqtcelticsfan:
The Boston Metropolitan Area is ranked 10th in the nation, and most of New England  has basically adopted the Boston teams as their home teams. I fail to see why Big Market is followed by a question mark.

RJ87:

--- Quote from: Who on February 16, 2019, 06:52:11 PM ---Why are OKC so high?

--- End quote ---

Paul George and Russell Westbrook are fun to watch.

gift:

--- Quote from: RJ87 on February 16, 2019, 07:48:41 PM ---
--- Quote from: Who on February 16, 2019, 06:52:11 PM ---Why are OKC so high?

--- End quote ---

Paul George and Russell Westbrook are fun to watch.

--- End quote ---

For all his flaws I still find Westbrook to be one of the most entertaining players to watch and I've always been a fan of Paul George too. Him having an MVP contending season must be a factor as well. Maybe there are other demographic factors that weigh in as well?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version