Celtics Basketball > Celtics Talk

I’m Moving On. AD Doesn’t Want BOS & Trading Tatum For A Rental Would Be Idiotic

(1/63) > >>

Phantom255x:
(My Thoughts As Of 2/4)

It’s unfortunate, but he doesn't want to be here according to his list and his dad has echoed similar feelings. So be it.

I still love this team and feel confident Danny can make some stuff happen to help in the future even if AD is no longer possible. We’d still be a young team building for the future post-Warriors dominance.

And honestly the Lakers giving up 7 players and their entire youth core for AD screams desperation lol. Either way our focus should be on the East and getting to the Finals, not what the Lakers do. Why worry about them now?

And lastly, I love Ainge and know he takes risks, but man if he trades Tatum and possibly Smart or Brown as well in a package for AD without a commitment, YIKES. Way too risky. Could have catastrophic consequences and look embarrassing if he does an AD trade and he bolts for LA anyways in 2021.

I want AD too but I don’t understand the notion that we’re doomed if we don’t get him. We still have a great team to build with around Tatum + Brown and many other young guys, and we’ve still likely got 1-2 high picks coming in the next few years. Hopefully Kyrie sticks around too.

Idk what will happen in the next few days but if the Pelicans agree to that trade with the Lakers, so be it. I actually think the Lakers would be foolish to trade 7 guys for him + Hill ($$$) to have some 2 year contention window with an aging Lebron, AD, Hart + likely no bench.

Fierce1:
I don't think Ainge would trade Tatum for AD if it's just a rental.

Phantom255x:

--- Quote from: Fierce1 on February 04, 2019, 11:11:37 PM ---I don't think Ainge would trade Tatum for AD if it's just a rental.

--- End quote ---

Yep, and he shouldn’t. Absolutely not.

Phantom255x:
Also, I’m actually kind of surprised NOP may not take that LAL massive offer. Do they think other teams can outbid that by a good margin this summer? I’ll admit that Lakers offer is even more than I initially predicted  :P

I’m not saying that to act like I hope LAL gets AD (of course not!), but wow Pelicans must really feel irked by the Lakers and their actions this past week.

C3LTSF4N:
The list is just to get AD out of NO before the deadline.  It’ll change afterwards.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version