Celtics Basketball > Celtics Talk

Robert Williams (Merged Threads)

(1/396) > >>

rollie mass:
First we start off at draft with a gifted acquisition at 27.A under coached 20 year old with tools not seen since the days of Celtics legend centers Russell and Cowens.
There is an excellent breakdown of his passing,shooting.offense and defense that shows a gifted athlete and need of professional coaching at NBA level.
I think it is on the Celtic organization to guide Robert so he is not overwhelmed -there is so much to work on with so many adjustments and distractions.
Big men come with a unique set of challenges.
Today we get introduced to the beginning of a possible legend and it will start soon with a play a foot over the box or a nasty come from behind block but it will be a jaw dropping display of athleticism

Csfan1984:
I'm not getting high expectations for him. As long as he is a role player that would be good for pick 27.

Eddie20:

--- Quote from: rollie mass on June 29, 2018, 05:17:24 AM ---First we start off at draft with a gifted acquisition at 27.A under coached 20 year old with tools not seen since the days of Celtics legend centers Russell and Cowens.
There is an excellent breakdown of his passing,shooting.offense and defense that shows a gifted athlete and need of professional coaching at NBA level.
I think it is on the Celtic organization to guide Robert so he is not overwhelmed -there is so much to work on with so many adjustments and distractions.
Today we get introduced to the beginning of a possible legend and it will start soon with a play a foot over the box or a nasty come from behind block but it will be a jaw dropping display of athleticism

--- End quote ---

So even better than other C's bigs like Parish, McHale, and Garnett, huh?

Nice to see that the expectations for this project is within reason.

greece66:

--- Quote from: Eddie20 on June 29, 2018, 06:27:32 AM ---
--- Quote from: rollie mass on June 29, 2018, 05:17:24 AM ---First we start off at draft with a gifted acquisition at 27.A under coached 20 year old with tools not seen since the days of Celtics legend centers Russell and Cowens.

--- End quote ---

So even better than other C's bigs like Parish, McHale, and Garnett, huh?

Nice to see that the expectations for this project is within reason.

--- End quote ---

With all respect, this is not what Rollie said.

rollie mass:
Expectations are setups for resentments for some.But i'm a fan and always start off positive
The ability of Brad and team to influence a player of this caliber from the beginning of a NBA career.To instill a work ethic and his trust of his teammates not from a losing squad just playing for numbers but Horford,Kyrie, Hayward Baynes,Marcus,Tatum,Brown and even Rozier
Of course i'm projecting but if you factor his love of defense,his length and vertical . His ability to cover multiple positions because of wingspan and quick feet. His ability to run the court.
There is nothing average about this guy except foul shots and a mid range game but that is easy to work on.He can pass but can also be a Turner and that is not a painting at Tate gallery.
This is not a Gerald Green or Zack Levine but a 240 lb center that get up quick and powerfully .
Call it hyperbole but fortunately for Celtics the hyperbole is fact
.Look at all the Hall of Famers they were all rookie once

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version