Author Topic: Antonio Brown  (Read 36400 times)

Re: Antonio Brown
« Reply #60 on: September 10, 2019, 03:11:02 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
Pats cut Obi Melifonwu to make room.  Surprising.  Now I guess they will try to trade Phil Dorset or Demaryius Thomas.  They have 6 active WR now (8 if you count Gunner and Slater) with Harry and Meredith on reserve.

I've gotta think they keep Phillip Dorsett. With Gronk gone, he's been their second best receiver going back to the end of last year.

I saw a stat that said Brady was 18/18 in his last attempts to Dorsett. Considering the volatility of Thomas (injury), Gordon (suspensions), and Brown (behavior), it seems safe to assume they want Dorsett on the squad.

« Reply #61 on: September 10, 2019, 08:51:42 PM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
Pats cut Obi Melifonwu to make room.  Surprising.  Now I guess they will try to trade Phil Dorset or Demaryius Thomas.  They have 6 active WR now (8 if you count Gunner and Slater) with Harry and Meredith on reserve.

I've gotta think they keep Phillip Dorsett. With Gronk gone, he's been their second best receiver going back to the end of last year.

I saw a stat that said Brady was 18/18 in his last attempts to Dorsett. Considering the volatility of Thomas (injury), Gordon (suspensions), and Brown (behavior), it seems safe to assume they want Dorsett on the squad.

Adam Schefter

@AdamSchefter
More Antonio Brown fallout: Patriots are trading WR Demaryius Thomas in the division to the NY Jets for a 2021 sixth-round pick, sources tell ESPN.

4:24 PM - Sep 10, 2019

So it is Thomas they traded.   I thought they might trade Dorsett as they could have actually gotten something back for him, like an offensive lineman (which I believe they need).  But I do agree that Dorsett has been productive and reliable.  Not bad for the team's 4th WR.

« Reply #62 on: September 10, 2019, 08:58:21 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
https://twitter.com/benshpigel/status/1171581904669368325

BREAKING: Patriots WR Antonio Brown accused of three separate incidents of sexual assault and rape, according to federal lawsuit filed Tuesday

'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #63 on: September 10, 2019, 09:03:17 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25635
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
New England Patriots receiver Antonio Brown has been accused of raping his former trainer, according to a federal lawsuit filed Tuesday in the Southern District of Florida.

The lawsuit says that Brown — in three separate incidents, two in June 2017 and another in May 2018 — sexually assaulted a woman named Britney Taylor, a gymnast whom he met while they were attending Central Michigan together and whom he later hired as a trainer.

“Mr. Brown denies each and every allegation in the lawsuit,” said a statement from Darren Heitner, a lawyer representing Brown. “He will pursue all legal remedies to not only clear his name but to also protect other professional athletes against false accusations.”

According to the lawsuit, Brown sexually assaulted Taylor twice during training sessions in June 2017. First, he exposed himself and kissed her without her permission, the lawsuit says. Later that month, the lawsuit says, while she was watching a television program at his home, Brown started masturbating behind her and ejaculated on her back. Brown bragged about the incident in profane text messages that are copied in the lawsuit.

Taylor ended her working relationship with Brown, the lawsuit says, but several months later, when he contacted her to apologize, she relented. She was, according to the lawsuit, “swayed by his assurance that he would cease any sexual advances.”

Then, the lawsuit says, on May 20, 2018, Brown forced her onto a bed, pushed her face into the mattress and “forcibly” raped her. She tried to resist him, screaming and repeatedly shouting “no” and “stop,” the lawsuit says, but Brown refused and penetrated her.

“As a rape victim of Antonio Brown, deciding to speak out has been an incredibly difficult decision,” Taylor said in a statement released by her lawyer. “I have found strength in my faith, my family, and from the accounts of other survivors of sexual assault.”

In the statement, Taylor said she would cooperate with the N.F.L. in an investigation.

It was not clear whether Taylor reported her accusations to the police.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/10/sports/football/antonio-brown-sexual-asssault-patriots.html

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #64 on: September 10, 2019, 09:03:24 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
https://twitter.com/benshpigel/status/1171581904669368325

BREAKING: Patriots WR Antonio Brown accused of three separate incidents of sexual assault and rape, according to federal lawsuit filed Tuesday

Jesus. I try not to cast judgment until more info emerges in these cases. But that is not a good headline, and there's no way he comes out of this unscathed (at least in public opinion).

Hopefully the Pats didn't get too greedy.

« Reply #65 on: September 10, 2019, 09:08:31 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Yeah, obviously there's no way of knowing what happened or did not happen at this stage, but regardless it's bad optics.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #66 on: September 10, 2019, 09:14:17 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #67 on: September 10, 2019, 09:23:12 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
I'm not going to post the released "emails" because they are vulgar and honestly make everyone who reads them less intelligent.

But needless to say, even if he is innocent, he's going to end up looking like a complete fool.

« Reply #68 on: September 10, 2019, 09:38:14 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
I'm not going to post the released "emails" because they are vulgar and honestly make everyone who reads them less intelligent.

But needless to say, even if he is innocent, he's going to end up looking like a complete fool.

The guy is a world class scumbag.  I have no idea if he's a rapist, but I suspect the Patriots don't care much, and I doubt most fans don't care much, either.  It's pretty screwed up that winning sporting competitions makes us sacrifice our values completely.

« Reply #69 on: September 10, 2019, 10:16:34 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
may be time to cut bait.

« Reply #70 on: September 10, 2019, 10:53:20 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

The guy is a world class scumbag.  I have no idea if he's a rapist, but I suspect the Patriots don't care much, and I doubt most fans don't care much, either.  It's pretty screwed up that winning sporting competitions makes us sacrifice our values completely.
“I suspect the Patriots don't care much, and I doubt most fans don't care much, either.”

Don’t buy this at all. If there’s substantial evidence suggesting he raped this girl then he’s gone.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #71 on: September 10, 2019, 11:06:04 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

“I suspect the Patriots don't care much, and I doubt most fans don't care much, either.”

Don’t buy this at all. If there’s substantial evidence suggesting he raped this girl then he’s gone.

Since he won’t be criminally prosecuted, they won’t care. They knew Aaron Hernandez was a terrible person and they kept him around until he was charged.

« Reply #72 on: September 10, 2019, 11:44:39 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
If the text message in the Complaint is actually something he sent, he admitted he masturbated on her back when she slept.  Gives some credence to the rest of the allegations.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #73 on: September 11, 2019, 01:37:27 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Man a lot of these athletes are like so dumb. Make millions of dollars and can't even behave one bit. This guy is a prime example.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #74 on: September 11, 2019, 01:52:22 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Even if he isnt a rapist, the text messages / emails make clear that AB is an idiot and a creep.  How can you be a wealthy, famous, very public figure and not know better than to put some of that stuff in writing to another person, especially somebody with whom you have a *fraught* relationship, to say the least.

Arrogance and ego are strong factors I guess.

My hope now is that he never plays for the pats and I don't care that he would make them awesome.  There's enough negative aura to this team, particularly with the Kraft stuff.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain