Author Topic: Post Combine Mock Draft  (Read 2802 times)

Post Combine Mock Draft
« on: May 18, 2018, 04:29:42 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
Starting my first mock, with measurements being out I figure Ill give it my mock draft 2 cents and update my tiers later on.

This isn't how I rank the players just my guess at who teams will draft

1. Suns, Doncic

2. Kings, Ayton

3. ATL, Bagely ( I bet they trade down from this spot, the bulls moving up to this spot makes sense maybe #7+#future 1st + Porter for #3)

4. Memphis, Porter (if healthy he gives them potential immediate offense) (also rumored to want to move down)

5. Mavs, Bamba

6. Magic, J Jackson (could and should go earlier but if he falls he is a great magic fit, think his range is 3-6)

7. Bulls, W Carter (if they make ATL trade drafting T Young and trading away Schroeder makes sense)

8. Cavs, T Young

9. Knicks, Gilgeous-Alexander (this will be the shocker pick of the lotto but long term SGA and Frank N make for a dynamic super long back-court) 

10. 76ers, Z Smith (not as big as some hoped and a project but projects as an elite athlete and  defender who can shoot the 3, could be perfect compliment to Simmons, this is as earlier as I think he goes think his range is 10-17)

11. Hornets, Sexton ( if Knicks go with a wing then I put SGA at this spot)

12. LAC, Mikal Bridges

13. LAC, Walker

14. Nuggets, Miles Bridges (this is as late as I can see him falling I think his range is 8-14)

15. Wizards, Williams ( if he plays well he could end the Gortat and Wall drama)

16. Suns, Knox ( is an ideal modern swing man in theory, this could raise his draft stock I see his range as 9-17)

17. Bucks, T Brown

18. Spurs, J Porter ( high skill project big man could go higher I see his range 13-21)

19. ATL, DiVincenzo

20. T Wolves, Bates-Diop

21. Jazz, Spellman

22. Bulls, Hutchinson (rumored promise)

23. Pacers, Holiday

24. Blazers, Evans

25. Lakers, Robinson (rumored promise but with his potential could see him going higher)

26. 76ers, Musa

27. Celtics, Okogie (I have been super high on him for a while and the Cs brought him in for an early workout)

28. Warriors, Allen ( could provide perimeter depth as early as rookie year)

29. Nets, Trent Jr

30.ATL, Melton 

« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 08:09:57 AM by CFAN38 »
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

Re: Post Combine Mock Draft
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2018, 06:23:50 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
Looking at who players are working out for and the current rumor mill

This isn't how I rank the players just my guess at who teams will draft

1. Suns, Ayton

2. Kings, Porter JR

3. ATL, Bagely

4. Memphis, Doncic

5. Mavs, Bamba

6. Magic, Young

7. Bulls, W Carter

8. Cavs, Mikal Bridges

9. Knicks, Miles Bridges

10. 76ers, Gildress-Alexander

11. Hornets, Knox

12. LAC, Z Smith

13. LAC, R Williams

14. Nuggets, Bates-Diop

15. Wizards, Wagner

16. Suns, J Evans

17. Bucks, Walker

18. Spurs, Okogie

19. ATL, Simons

20. T Wolves, Alkins 

21. Jazz, Spellman

22. Bulls, Hutchison 

23. Pacers, Holiday

24. Blazers, Frazier

25. Lakers, Robinson (rumored promise but with his potential could see him going higher)

26. 76ers, Musa

27. Celtics, Huerter

28. Warriors, DiVencenzo

29. Nets, T Brown

30.ATL, Melton 
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2018, 06:47:18 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 411
Celtics wont let Divencenzo go past them
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2018, 07:06:12 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker

I actually started this much co planning on having Huerter and Divencenzo both gone before the Cs pick. As I looked at player workout and rumors with some gut feeling mixed in it worked out that both where available.

Huerter is 1 year younger and 3 inches taller. That coupled with their nearly identical stats lead to me going with Huerter.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2018, 07:08:19 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2018, 11:57:41 AM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386

I actually started this much co planning on having Huerter and Divencenzo both gone before the Cs pick. As I looked at player workout and rumors with some gut feeling mixed in it worked out that both where available.

Huerter is 1 year younger and 3 inches taller. That coupled with their nearly identical stats lead to me going with Huerter.

I haven't seen Wagner in the first round anywhere...  How do you connect him to the Wizards?  A rumor? 

If the draft plays out like this...I'll be clamoring for Khyri Thomas first and Divincenzo second..  To satisfy my guts until summer league proves me out of my gourd. 

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2018, 12:29:57 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

I haven't seen Wagner in the first round anywhere...  How do you connect him to the Wizards?  A rumor? 

If the draft plays out like this...I'll be clamoring for Khyri Thomas first and Divincenzo second..  To satisfy my guts until summer league proves me out of my gourd.

I’ve seen Wagner at the tail end of the first round occasionally.  As a Michigan fan, I’ve seen him play more than I’ve seen any other player in this draft.  Great kid, very talented offensively — and is rightly pegged as a fringe 1st-rounder at best.  15 is arguably 25 spots too high.

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2018, 12:35:57 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3148

I’ve seen Wagner at the tail end of the first round occasionally.  As a Michigan fan, I’ve seen him play more than I’ve seen any other player in this draft.  Great kid, very talented offensively — and is rightly pegged as a fringe 1st-rounder at best.  15 is arguably 25 spots too high.

Wagner's defense keeps him at the beginning of the second round. I love the kid but not being a two way player is going to limit a lot of these picks. It's almost better to be a Marcus Smart than a Greg Monroe.... It's the big problem with the Raptors. They don't have defenders. Offense wins in the regular season but you need two way players in the playoffs. 

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2018, 07:41:03 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
Just before the draft my top 20 picks:

Luka Doncic         1
Marvin Bagley       2
DeAndre Ayton      3
Jaren Jackson Jr.   4
Trae Young             5
Kevin Huerter        6
Mohamed Bamba   7
Lonnie Walker      8
Wendell Carter      9
Michael Porter      10
Mikal Bridges          11
Donte DiVincenzo   12
Jerome Robinson   13
Mitchell Robinson   14
Shai Gilgeous-Alexander   15
Miles Bridges      16
Zhaire Smith      17
Keita Bates-Diop   18
Isaac Bonga      19
Shake Milton      20

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2018, 11:34:15 AM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
So, a question for some of you drafniks:
Who is still available that wasn't drafted but was ranked in the top 70 or so that we can sign as free agents?

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2018, 11:45:28 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
So, a question for some of you drafniks:
Who is still available that wasn't drafted but was ranked in the top 70 or so that we can sign as free agents?

No one.  If you’re undrafted and have multiple offers, why would you choose the Celtics, who might not be able to get this year’s first rounder minutes, have a similar problem with a second-year 1st rounder, and have potentially four 1sts next year?  If you’re trying to latch on in the NBA, there are frankly many better options.