Author Topic: How good does Dwayne Wade look?  (Read 7825 times)

How good does Dwayne Wade look?
« on: August 14, 2008, 09:55:13 AM »

Offline WBrownTrophy

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • Thanks Red
After seeing USA's win over Greece this morning, it is apparent that Dwayne Wade is back, just about at 100%. He looked scary good at times and he even played superb defense. If he plays this well for Miami, it could do wonders for the Heat. We will have to see if the Heat will be a team to worry about at all in the East.
"The only correct actions are those that demand no explanation and no apology."
                                   -Red Auerbach

Re: How good does Dwayne Wade look?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2008, 10:00:42 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
He looks great, but he'll probably get injured again during the season.  He always does.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2008, 10:03:03 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
they have a 2-3-4 of Wade, Marion and Beasley WOW. If they can get a pg to run they could score a lot of points.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2008, 11:00:10 AM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
Before I give Wade the seal of approval, he needs to do these things against NBA teams...not these overrated Euro teams.

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2008, 11:01:27 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
He looks pretty darn skippy.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2008, 11:07:18 AM »

Offline zerophase

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 334
  • Anything's Possible
he looks like 2006 deewayne wade. scary. but even he admitted the celtics defense is just too much for him.

Become Legendary.

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2008, 11:12:31 AM »

Offline iowa plowboy

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
Before I give Wade the seal of approval, he needs to do these things against NBA teams...not these overrated Euro teams.

;D You mean Wade might be willing to grace us NBA fans with his presence?  Not very likely unless he finds another Shaq to carpetbag.  (Blount?)

If the Heat at any point in the season are under .500 Wade is going to do one of his patented flailings into the stantion when untouched and be out for the season.

Another prissyboy who plays when he feels like it.

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2008, 02:24:59 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
dwade has looked amazing.  however, i think he is extremely driven and hungry.  he is finally healthy and wants to send a message that he is back. wade himself reported feeling dissed that people "forgot" about him this season.  i will be interested in seeing him for the entire nba season tho.

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2008, 02:35:27 PM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
dwade has looked amazing.  however, i think he is extremely driven and hungry.  he is finally healthy and wants to send a message that he is back. wade himself reported feeling dissed that people "forgot" about him this season.  i will be interested in seeing him for the entire nba season tho.

People forgot about him last year for the same reason they forgot about Pierce the season before.

Wade will not play a full season until the Heat are championship contenders again.  Until then, he'll be flopping and sitting out like he always does. 

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2008, 02:39:26 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
He looks like the third/forth best swingman he can be in the NBA. 

The problem is the way he plays, the hits he takes, I can't imagine him going more then one season and postseason following the Olympics before he is hurt again.  He needs to learn how to play where he can avoid some contact while still being a threat. 

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2008, 04:58:53 PM »

Offline juice104

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 2
Good point wdleehi, but for Wade to do that he has to develop a jump shot. He also is not a three point shooter witch will hurt him. In my opinion Wade is overrated.

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2008, 05:29:41 PM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
He looks like the third/forth best swingman he can be in the NBA. 

The problem is the way he plays, the hits he takes, I can't imagine him going more then one season and postseason following the Olympics before he is hurt again.  He needs to learn how to play where he can avoid some contact while still being a threat. 

Wade's problem is that he's a drama queen on the court.  He gets fouled and he flies into the stantion or flops violently.  He hurts himself more trying to sell fouls than the opponent hurts him fouling him.

I join in the overrated crowd.  Wade may be able to carry a team but the team would have to have a Shaq-type on it.

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2008, 06:21:55 PM »

Offline Hondo

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 5
Wow...  Very harsh.   He looks very good and he is very good.  I would take him on the Celtic's roster in a New York minute.  If the reports of him spending considerable time in the weight room are accurate I would expect his durability to improve.  He will also learn to pick his spots more as he matures.  The kid can flat out play.

« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2008, 06:43:16 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan06

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
Don't understand all the D-wade hate.  The Heag are a PG and/or big man away from contending in the East.  I don't see them as a top 4 eastern team but I could see them as a 7/8 seed.

« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2008, 06:51:13 PM »

Offline Champzilla

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 102
He looks wicked hott !!!
Boston is the Greatest City in the World !!!