Author Topic: The idiocy of Lebron "owning" Terry  (Read 6172 times)

Re: The idiocy of Lebron "owning" Terry
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2013, 03:35:16 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
If Chalmers (small guy) talked a bunch of trash before a lakers/celtics game and Pierce, Green, or KG threw it down in his face every celtics fan who is currently "unimpressed" by Lebron would be doing back flips and making fun of Chalmers for getting owned.

TP.

Nope.

Not "Every" Celtic Fan.

Again - I'm more impressed when a smaller guy dunks over a BIGGER guy - especially when those "Bigger" guys were All-Time Greats, like Kareem and Patrick, here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=330HeLlv52U

Don't you think THAT is more impressive?

I know the vast majority of my high school friends would think so.

« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2013, 03:52:09 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
And neither Dr. J or Jordan got a T for taunting...they didn't "have" to taunt.

« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2013, 04:07:16 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
The amazing thing to me is that there are still people that think this dunk was amazing....now THAT is LOL.

What's really amazing to me is how celtics fans are in complete denial that terry got owned and their amazing reasoning on why he didn't get owned is because hes short.....As if that makes any sense or disqualifies terry from being owned. Lebron made terry his you know what on that play.

« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2013, 04:12:15 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
The amazing thing to me is that there are still people that think this dunk was amazing....now THAT is LOL.

What's really amazing to me is how celtics fans are in complete denial that terry got owned and their amazing reasoning on why he didn't get owned is because hes short.....As if that makes any sense or disqualifies terry from being owned. Lebron made terry his you know what on that play.

So you honestly think that LeBron dunking over 35 y/o 6'2" Terry was impressive?

I guess we have differing opinions.

I just can't call his (Or DeAndre's) dunk "Great"...I've seen TOO MUCH else to judge it that way.

Maybe ESPN should go hire some "Old Heads" to give a different opinion on what's great.

You can count me squarely in Michael Jordan's corner IF he tries a comeback, as rumored....I would PAY to see 50 y/o Jordan school LeBron.

« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2013, 04:15:01 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
Back in the day, we'd call a bigger person picking on a smaller person a punk, lol.

Terry and Brandon got picked on...Clips will enjoy seeing DeAndre on the bench in the playoffs so he can't hurt them from the foul line, and LeBron had better hope that MIA doesn't see BOS in the playoffs.

Next time, MIA will have a few less opportunities at the rim with KG back there.

« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2013, 04:15:37 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney

So you honestly think that LeBron dunking over 35 y/o 6'2" Terry was impressive?

I just can't call his (Or DeAndre's) dunk "Great"...I've seen TOO MUCH else to judge it that way.

Maybe ESPN should go hire some "Old Heads" to give a different opinion on what's great.

You can count me squarely in Michael Jordan's corner IF he tries a comeback, as rumored....I would PAY to see 50 y/o Jordan school LeBron.

I notice you guys keep using the word "Impressive". Notice how I never use it. I said terry got owned. I wasn't "Impressed" per say. He still got owned by lebron on that play. And posting other dunks by other people getting owned doesn't take away from what lebron did to terry.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 04:23:36 PM by Lightskinsmurf »

« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2013, 04:27:07 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis

I notice you guys keep using the word "Impressive". Notice how I never use it. I said terry got owned. I wasn't "Impressed" per say. He still got owned by lebron on that play. And posting other dunks by other being getting owned doesn't take away from what lebron did to terry.

Ok...I'm older, so I'll try to adapt.

To me, "ownage" is simply the same thing as "impressive"...

Here is the definition of ownage:

Ownage is past tense for the act of "owning" an opponent in a game of skill, in which one player dominates the other with ease.

Used as an adjective, it describes/emphasizes the greatness, or great value of something. It can also describe severity.

The word is typically used over the internet, and is most commonly abundant in the computer gaming community; Even more specifically, the Half-life and Counter strike communities.

- Man, that game of counter-stike we played was ownage!

Now C'mon, LSS, lol...you are an intelligent poster, but do you STILL think LeBron gets credit for dunking on someone half his size?

My family, cousins, parents, LOL - would disown me if I went out and attempted to "Own" my small 9 y/o son.

It's the same thing.

Now, back to LeSham....according to the definition, here - Jason Terry is nowhere near his same skill level.

So what do we REALLY call his dunk?

« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2013, 04:35:50 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Dunking over Terry is like a grown man dunking over an eight grader.

These guys are not that good as the ball I grew up watching.   They hype them ad nauseam.  They are more athletic and that is about it.  They don't shoot as well and don't have the skill set so they hype everything they do to the point of ridiculousness.

« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2013, 04:36:21 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney

I notice you guys keep using the word "Impressive". Notice how I never use it. I said terry got owned. I wasn't "Impressed" per say. He still got owned by lebron on that play. And posting other dunks by other being getting owned doesn't take away from what lebron did to terry.

Ownage is past tense for the act of "owning" an opponent in a game of skill, in which one player dominates the other with ease.

Used as an adjective, it describes/emphasizes the greatness, or great value of something. It can also describe severity.

The word is typically used over the internet, and is most commonly abundant in the computer gaming community; Even more specifically, the Half-life and Counter strike communities.

Now C'mon, LSS, lol...you are an intelligent poster, but do you STILL think LeBron gets credit for dunking on someone half his size?

My family, cousins, parents, LOL - would disown me if I went out and attempted to "Own" my small 9 y/o son.

It's the same thing.

Now, back to LeSham....according to the definition, here - Jason Terry is nowhere near his same skill level.

Lebron owned him on that play with ease. The problem with your theory is jason terry is an NBA basketball player just like lebron and hes actually older than him.

So its not like lebron dunked on some little kid here. Also lebron didn't go out of his way to make it happen. Terry got in the way and lebron made him pay for it.

« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2013, 04:38:30 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
Dunking over Terry is like a grown man dunking over an eight grader.

These guys are not that good as the ball I grew up watching.   They hype them ad nauseam.  They are more athletic and that is about it.  They don't shoot as well and don't have the skill set so they hype everything they do to the point of ridiculousness.

Besides the fact that its actually nothing like that, I guess...And sorry to break it to you but lebron IS that good.

« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2013, 04:42:10 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis

It's the same thing.

Lebron owned him on that play with ease. The problem with your theory is jason terry is an NBA basketball player just like lebron and hes actually older than him.

So its not like lebron dunked on some little kid here. Also lebron didn't go out of his way to make it happen. Terry got in the way and lebron made him pay for it.

But that's the thing, Man...Jason Terry IS half of LeBron's size, LOL....

C'mon, now!

Same thing with DeAndre vs Brandon Knight...

I'm just flabbergasted that you'd think his dunk was all that...

« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2013, 04:44:21 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
You place LeBron James next to Jason Terry, and Jet is Bugaloo SHRIMP LOL...

LeBron gets no props from me...no sirree bob.

« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2013, 05:08:12 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
Look, I'm not hating on LeBron the player or person...I'm sure I'd love him in Celtics Green.

Much of my angst for him is just that - he's not Celtic.

He will go down as one of the all-time greats.

But his dunk here was just not great, impressive or ownage, to me.....again, it's akin, to me, of him dunking on a kid.

« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2013, 05:13:06 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney

It's the same thing.

C'mon, now!

Ok so what did you expect lebron to do? NOT dunk on terry because hes bigger than him? Being shorter than someone does not dismiss you from being owned by that person. I think that's weak sauce.

Add in the fact terry is a huge trash talker, he deserved the stare down he got afterwards. You can get owned by someone and its probably not that impressive to you because you expected it to happen. That doesn't mean that guy didn't get owned tho. We can agree to disagree. I'm calling a pig a pig right now, regardless of how impressed or unimpressed I was by it, it happend.

« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2013, 05:18:50 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis

It's the same thing.

C'mon, now!

Ok so what did you expect lebron to do? NOT dunk on terry because hes bigger than him? Being shorter than someone does not dismiss you from being owned by that person. I think that's weak sauce.

Add in the fact terry is a huge trash talker, he deserved the stare down he got afterwards. You can get owned by someone and its probably not that impressive to you because you expected it to happen. That doesn't mean that guy didn't get owned tho. We can agree to disagree. I'm calling a pig a pig right now, regardless of how impressed or unimpressed I was by it, it happend.

What I expected The Great One to do was just that - Be Great.

Great Players don't respond to taunts, comments, from players lesser than him - like LeBron did on ESPN afterwards, in a gloating way.

Great Players don't stand over their opponent and gloat after such a play - like LeBron did, here.

I never saw Michael, Larry, Magic, Dr. J - gloat on someone after making a play like that. They'd head on down court, probably yell to themselves, whatever - but NOT stand over someone half their size and gloat about it.....nor would they go on CBS, NBC or ESPN and talk about it, either...they would probably play it down, especially since they were the best players in the game at the time.