Author Topic: The idiocy of Lebron "owning" Terry  (Read 6174 times)

The idiocy of Lebron "owning" Terry
« on: March 22, 2013, 02:32:27 PM »

Offline tonyto3690

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 39
It was a 2 vs 1 alley oop.  Lebron has about 80 pounds and half a foot on Terry.

How this is being made out to be Lebron "owning" Terry is completely absurd.  If Lebron did anything less than dunk it, it would be Terry owning Lebron.  When you have a running start, a massive size advantage, and the defender is on his heels trying to defend two people at once, I'm pretty sure you're SUPPOSED to finish that.

I mean really.  Maybe if it were KG or Howard or Chandler it MIGHT be noteworthy, but even then it would be a 2 vs 1.  The fact Terry is a 6'2 combo guard just makes it laughable how blown out of proportion it is. 

Just stupid, ESPN highlight driven basketball.  Fundamentals, technique, and basketball IQ have been replaced with athleticism, flash, and selfishness as key evaluation points.

Re: The idiocy of Lebron "owning" Terry
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2013, 02:54:33 PM »

Offline The Rondo Show

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 364
  • Hook 'Em
I love the Celtics and Terry, and I applaud him for trying to make a defensive play on the ball, but he got owned. It was a great dunk
DKC Suns

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2013, 03:20:17 PM »

Offline Section 87

• NCE
  • Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 56
Lebron didn't get "and 1" on that play. Instead, he turned it into a "minus 1". With the T, he turned a field goal into a one-point play. Hardly owned, JET cut the play's value in half.

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2013, 03:53:48 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
I'm just getting annoyed with all the memes and NBA videos on youtube. Its very annoying!! Like how many videos are you gonna put on youtube for just one play!

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2013, 04:09:26 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
If Bron could own Terry so easily he would own a ring that Terry owns. But Terry's team owned him in the finals.

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2013, 05:02:45 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
PLEASE, BOSTON - PLEASE get the 8th seed so we can wax these clowns nice and proper...

Imagine that:

"The Boston Celtics pull off a MIRACLE upset and send MIA home in APRIL 2013."

Don't think it hasn't happened before:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lakSEK-edQ

I don't want to wait until May or June...I want MIA EARLY.

This "owning Terry" mess from LeBron and Co is just too much.

The 6'8" 260 pound Chump "Owned" a 6'1" 180 pound, 35 year-old Jet.

I would've LOVED for LeBron James to have played in the 80's or 90's...go against Prime Dr. J, Michael, Larry, KG, Kemp, Rodman, TMac, etc......

LeBron is having a smorgasbord of plays right now because there is no one physically able to keep up with the bum.

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2013, 05:23:19 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
I love the Celtics and Terry, and I applaud him for trying to make a defensive play on the ball, but he got owned. It was a great dunk

Lol yup.

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2013, 05:24:28 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
As if dunks matter.

They are 2 points, just like everything else.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2013, 05:28:45 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis

Lol yup.

Owned by a physical bully.

So I'm 6'4" 200 and if I dunked on my 15 y/o like that, then can I get on SportsCenter, lol?

LeBron is a bum. ;D

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2013, 05:29:38 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
The way that this LeBroid self and ESPN/NBA promoted fellatio and sickening fawning is going, if LeBroid had done that dunk over a Special Olympian, both LeBroid and ESPN would be hyping it just as much.

Big man, LeBroid. You slammed it home over a guy 80 pounds lighter, 7 inches shorter and 7 years older.

To all LeBroid lovers and to ESPN: figuratively you should get off your collective knees and wipe your chins. Sickening.

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2013, 05:32:03 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
The way that this LeBroid self and ESPN/NBA promoted fellatio and sickening fawning is going, if LeBroid had done that dunk over a Special Olympian, both LeBroid and ESPN would be hyping it just as much.

Big man, LeBroid. You slammed it home over a guy 80 pounds lighter, 7 inches shorter and 7 years older.

To all LeBroid lovers and to ESPN: figuratively you should get off your collective knees and wipe your chins. Sickening.

Getting sickening, ain't it?

C'mon, ESPN...first, Scotty (I'm great because of a man named Michael) Pippen slips up and calls LeBron the greatest of all time..better than Michael, etc....

Next, LeBron will be the first man on Mars. ;D

If he does make it to Mars, I hope he stays there.

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2013, 05:35:08 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134

Lol yup.

Owned by a physical bully.

So I'm 6'4" 200 and if I dunked on my 15 y/o like that, then can I get on SportsCenter, lol?

LeBron is a bum. ;D

Ill give you that, lebron still owned him tho lol.

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2013, 06:09:39 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
lbj did own him on that dunk. size doesn't matter....if ur on the court, ur a peer. i dont think its a big deal. everyone in the nba gets dunked on at some point. i liked the fact that terry didn't just move out the way and instead contested it.  no big deal, but in the world of social media and lbj being lbj, its getting hype.  who cares

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2013, 06:22:45 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
I LOVE Jason Terry:

But Terry admitted the rivalry with James has blossomed.

"Hey, he picked his poison. They put him on me to shut me down in the NBA Finals in 2011 and he couldn't get the job done," Terry said. "Hopefully, he'll have another chance this year in the Eastern Conference finals -- or wherever we match up -- but I'm telling you right now, I love us. I love the way we're built. We miss [Rajon] Rondo, we miss [Jared] Sullinger, but with this team we have, we have a chance.
"

http://espn.go.com/boston/nba/story/_/id/9086178/jason-terry-says-boston-celtics-miami-heat-matchup-playoffs-fireworks

Can't wait until BOS wax these chumps.

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2013, 06:23:54 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
I LOVE Jason Terry:

But Terry admitted the rivalry with James has blossomed.

"Hey, he picked his poison. They put him on me to shut me down in the NBA Finals in 2011 and he couldn't get the job done," Terry said. "Hopefully, he'll have another chance this year in the Eastern Conference finals -- or wherever we match up -- but I'm telling you right now, I love us. I love the way we're built. We miss [Rajon] Rondo, we miss [Jared] Sullinger, but with this team we have, we have a chance.
"

http://espn.go.com/boston/nba/story/_/id/9086178/jason-terry-says-boston-celtics-miami-heat-matchup-playoffs-fireworks

Can't wait until BOS wax these chumps.

i like it!