Author Topic: KG "guarantees" 2010 and 2011 championships  (Read 10657 times)

Re: KG "guarantees" 2010 and 2011 championships
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2009, 12:13:43 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
A guarantee like that is so premature that its ridiculous to even say it to anyone.  Of course it is dependent on Ainge filling in the roster, but really, what are the chances that all of the starters will be healthy and in uniform in the playoffs?  65%?  Its way too early to assume everything will go smoothly.

but the thing is, there probley shooting the you know what in private...i say all kinds of things in private that would seem silly to say to a large group of people.

You can't expect him to put on his "media face" when talking to his boss in private, thats going to far.

For those who have a problem with this, have it with wyc for repeating a convo between him and kevin in private, not with kevin for being confidant enough to tell the guy who signs his pay checks he's going to go out and get him his championships.

I see your point, I guess everyone is different.  I know as far as me personally, I don't guarantee anything that i can't 100% make happen without a doubt.  If I say I'm gonna run a marathon, I make sure I run the marathon, etc.  That's just KG being KG and thats fine, but he's guaranteeing something he's going to have little control over.  It really is no different from Mo Williams' comment.  Mo is his team's second best player but the guarantee only works if Lebron wins the game for the Cavs.  Similarly, KG's guarantee only works if Paul or Ray hits the daggers at the end of the game, since its usually not KG who hits them.

« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2009, 12:26:25 PM »

Offline vagrantwade

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
KG was obviously joking around because of how pumped he was.

« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2009, 12:59:49 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
Maybe KG gave Wyc the "or your money back" guarantee and Wyc was just so financially excited he couldn't contain himself.  Or maybe Wyc joined a sewing circle and now can't keep his yapper shut.   ::)

« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2009, 01:09:19 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2707
Maybe KG gave Wyc the "or your money back" guarantee and Wyc was just so financially excited he couldn't contain himself.  Or maybe Wyc joined a sewing circle and now can't keep his yapper shut.   ::)

if I owned the celtics, and kg told me stuff like that, it would be hard for me to keep it to myself as well. Wyc is a legit fan and he got excited, nothing wrong with that.

« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2009, 03:50:40 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
kg wasnt joking.

i am quite sure that kg was reacting to information that wyc secretly gave him. danny is planning to sign shaq, artest, miller, sheed, and mcdyss this year.

then add lebron next year.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2009, 03:55:28 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
I don't base it on anything more than a gut feeling, but I fully expect an `86 Celtic kind of year next year out of this group.
Yup

« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2009, 04:37:46 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
I don't base it on anything more than a gut feeling, but I fully expect an `86 Celtic kind of year next year out of this group.
That's my kind of clown.

Allow this guarantee.  I guarantee I'll still be a huge Celtics fan next year at this same time. 

« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2009, 04:38:52 PM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
I love this guarantee by KG, I don't know why but I'm giving him more credit than I'm giving to guys like Mo Williams. :)

Great to see KG fired up, with a good bench this team (if healthy of course) will be the favorite to win it all next year!

« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2009, 04:39:47 PM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 228
I miss watching Garnett play.

« Reply #39 on: June 04, 2009, 06:36:38 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale

So, who's going to be our Bill Walton?

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #40 on: June 04, 2009, 07:11:58 PM »

Offline KG_ended_Bias

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 51
I love that Wyc is talking because it is he that is going to have to put his money where his mouth runs! He is going to have to shell out the money & help entice Free Agents to sign here this offseason. He cant have KG line up to kick only to pull the ball away at the last moment letting him fall on his back Charlie Brown style! Now that he opened up this can of worms, he must go fishing with them.

« Reply #41 on: June 04, 2009, 07:13:20 PM »

Offline johnnyrondo

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1245

Does it have to be a Clipper? 5 words for you: Ol o wo kan di

« Reply #42 on: June 04, 2009, 07:21:56 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup

Wyc knows
Yup

« Reply #43 on: June 04, 2009, 07:21:57 PM »

Offline zerophase

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 334
  • Anything's Possible
this is like the pierce claim that he is the best player in the world. you gotta think you are the best before you can be the best.

Become Legendary.

« Reply #44 on: June 04, 2009, 07:33:24 PM »

Offline thedawg

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 11
The 2010 and 2011 seasons rest totally on what Danny Ainge will be bringing in to support KG and co. Although, it is an interesting trade if we try to offload Ray Allen and Rajon Rondo for Chris Paul (plus something) but I sincerely doubt Hornets would be interested in the deal.  Chris Paul ANY DAY and even if we sacrifice Rajon Rondo.
In Danny Ainge I Trust!