Author Topic: Well that's settled (P.J. officially retires)  (Read 5224 times)

Well that's settled (P.J. officially retires)
« on: December 31, 2008, 02:57:19 PM »

Offline im right

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 4
"I shoot close range like Danny Ainge"-Biggie Smalls

Re: Well thats settled...
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2008, 02:59:54 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
when it rains, it pours!

BUT, his refusal to say the "r" word, may indicate he could come back, but who knows

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2008, 03:22:36 PM »

Offline im right

• The Green Kornet
sounds pretty definite....

"I really don't like using the word 'retire,' " he said. "It's funny hearing me say it. But I feel the same way I felt when I called several months ago. I still feel the same way. I'm officially retired.
"When you've been doing something for 15, 16 years, and you know in your heart it's over, it's a little hard to say that word. Very difficult to say that word."

Rumors and internet speculation have swirled in recent months that Brown, who sat out the first half of the 2007-08 season before deciding to sign on with the Celtics on Feb. 27, 2008, would do the same thing again in 2009.

Brown ended that talk on Wednesday, confirming that the Celtics had again asked him to return, as well as acknowledging contact from the Hornets.

"There's still some interest out there," said Brown, 39. "I'm reading the internet and reading the papers and there's rumors floating, but I won't return. I'm moving on. I'm looking forward to the next chapter in my life. (The Hornets) asked, just kind of feeling me out as to where I was. Boston and a couple of other teams (asked). But like I told everybody, I'm officially done. My career is definitely over."

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2008, 03:29:05 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/56307/20081231/pj_brown_officially_retires/

Hope for a Smith buyout

Don't hope for a Smith buyout. Trade for the guy. If he's bought out he's going back to Cleveland to hang with LeBron.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2008, 03:31:24 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
http://blog.nola.com/hornetsbeat/2008/12/former_new_orleans_hornets_for.html

Oh well... I saw this coming. Signing POB over some other center who could actually produce - Elson, Skinner, that kind of guy - begins to look moronic. Hopefully, something will happen.

Anyway, it was an incredible career for PJ. He was always one of my favorites players and it was a pleasure to have him as part of last year team. There aren't many players with his toughness left.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dUd8xFrOcE

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2008, 03:37:52 PM »

Offline im right

• The Green Kornet
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/56307/20081231/pj_brown_officially_retires/

Hope for a Smith buyout

Don't hope for a Smith buyout. Trade for the guy. If he's bought out he's going back to Cleveland to hang with LeBron.

I know he said he could see himself going back there but him and KG are very close

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2008, 03:48:45 PM »

Offline silvershamrocker

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Believe In The Sleeve
What a terrible past 6 days for C's fans, starting with the Laker game... :-\

"It will be fun watching the Lakers get those balloons down one at a time." - Bill Russell

P.J. Officially Retires
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2008, 03:51:23 PM »

Offline Actionjakson

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 25
P.J. Brown officially Retired on Wednesday.

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/56307/20081231/pj_brown_officially_retires/

It stinks that he is gone, because we could have used him again this year. However, P.J. had a long and successful career, and is known as one of the classiest men in the league. Congratulations on an outstanding career, and being able to retire after a Championship.
“We don't see ourselves as four All-Stars. We see ourselves as one unit. It's like five fingers on a hand. You can do more damage together as a fist than spread out flat.”
- Rasheed Wallace

Re: P.J. Officially Retires
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2008, 03:52:28 PM »

Offline Actionjakson

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 25
I apologize. Immediately after i created this topic i realized that there is already one titled "Well thats settled..."
“We don't see ourselves as four All-Stars. We see ourselves as one unit. It's like five fingers on a hand. You can do more damage together as a fist than spread out flat.”
- Rasheed Wallace

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2008, 03:52:39 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
The Celts better hope Joe Smith gets bought out and decides to sign in Boston (rather than Cleveland), because they're quickly running out of options to shore up a very big weakness.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2008, 04:01:11 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
The Celts better hope Joe Smith gets bought out and decides to sign in Boston (rather than Cleveland), because they're quickly running out of options to shore up a very big weakness.

What he said.

Re: Well that's settled (P.J. officially retires)
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2008, 04:25:56 PM »

Offline TatteredOnMySleeve

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
What does this say about his thoughts on us repeating this year? I mean, he obviously wants to go out on top, and if he had full confidence we could repeat, why the heck wouldnt he come back one more time?

When you got it going, you got it going. I just keep my focus down the stretch. That's when I want the ball. I'm just not afraid to fail."-PaulPierce

« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2008, 04:49:33 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
okc is not going to be in any hurry now they know so many want him

« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2008, 04:56:05 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Wow, that just sucks.

« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2008, 05:08:17 PM »

Offline Norcalceltic

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 10

Hope for a Smith buyout

I was thinking the exact same thing. I think Joe said himself a few days ago that he would go back to Cleveland if bought out