Author Topic: Trade Idea with Portland/Cleveland to win NOW  (Read 1021 times)

Trade Idea with Portland/Cleveland to win NOW
« on: May 23, 2013, 10:35:43 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
If the Celts decide to give it another go with KG/Pierce, I am wondering if Lamarcus Aldridge from Portland would be a guy the Celts could land in this 3 team deal?

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=n9vrxw6

I mean Portland seems like they're not going anywhere, any time soon.

Wonder if they'd go for this?

I am thinking Cleveland would go for it.

As for us, I'd love to have Aldridge's career 19 pts and 8 rbs alongside KG and Pierce for one more run and he'd be another great player to build your future around.

Re: Trade Idea with Portland/Cleveland to win NOW
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2013, 10:40:00 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Portland laughs. LMA is their franchise cornerstone. If they deal him, it'll be for a king's ransom.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2013, 10:41:52 PM »

Offline The Rondo Show

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 364
  • Hook 'Em
I wish, but I can't see either Cleveland or Portland biting on that
DKC Suns

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2013, 10:44:53 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
Portland laughs. LMA is their franchise cornerstone. If they deal him, it'll be for a king's ransom.

Yeah figured as much

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2013, 10:46:06 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
I wish, but I can't see either Cleveland or Portland biting on that

Yeah I figured.

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2013, 10:50:55 PM »

Offline syfy9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • We may as well put Tyrion in at center.
TP. It's somewhat plausible, if Portland wanted to dump LA for assets (they need a deeper bench). I think the Cavs would trade Varejao for Green. Green is the better player, and as of right now, he's the more healthy one. Green is an upgrade over Miles/Gee.

We'd have to include the 16th/Sully/both to Portland, most likely, however. I think there is a fairly mediocre chance that they would bite on that;

Varejao
Bradley
16th
Sully
Bass

Not a bad set of role players/promising players.
I like Marcus Smart

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2013, 10:52:22 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
That doesn't put us over Miami. Green, and Bass were really good the later part of the season and in the play offs. We then loose a 3 that can guard Lebron and Melo who aren't going any wheres soon and PP can't guard them like he could 4 years ago.
As much as Bass drives me nuts he can handle defensive assignments for short times on those guys as well. We loose our best guard defender, and Im not sure Lee will come out of what ever funk he got into at the end of the season.

Gotta remember we don't have any cap space to  play with bring other players in, so when you do 3 to ones two of those guys can't be big impact players. And the chances of trading for those players will be slim.

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2013, 10:58:02 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352

Yeah figured as much

I think Portland will be buying, not selling.

They aren't far away. Just need a legit starting center to round out the starting five, and one or two more vets to strengthen the bench.

I am curious to see what they do with the #10 pick, and a nice bit of cap space this offseason. I expect some moves from the front office.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2013, 10:58:22 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
I don't see Aldridge becomes available earlier than the summer of 2014, and that's only if he presents a potential Dwightmare-like situation where he pretty clearly plans on leaving as a free agent in 2015 and they have no chance of re-signing him.

In that case, Sullinger, a top ten 2014 draft pick (if the Celtics can get one), and a couple of future firsts might do the trick.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2013, 10:58:38 PM »

Offline syfy9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • We may as well put Tyrion in at center.
That doesn't put us over Miami. Green, and Bass were really good the later part of the season and in the play offs. We then loose a 3 that can guard Lebron and Melo who aren't going any wheres soon and PP can't guard them like he could 4 years ago.
As much as Bass drives me nuts he can handle defensive assignments for short times on those guys as well. We loose our best guard defender, and Im not sure Lee will come out of what ever funk he got into at the end of the season.

Gotta remember we don't have any cap space to  play with bring other players in, so when you do 3 to ones two of those guys can't be big impact players. And the chances of trading for those players will be slim.

I don't think you would want to play small ball with Miami. If you have 2 talented 7 footers on your team that can shoot so easily, you attack them in the post. We would hurt them bad down low, and especially if Doc decides to crash the offensive boards harder (Aldridge is a really, really good offensive rebounder).

But you are right; there is still the matter of who will play 1on1 with Lebron and Melo. I think that's what we should look for using the MLE/other trades/drafting. Hopefully we can zone them up too.
I like Marcus Smart

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2013, 11:06:06 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
I don't think you would want to play small ball with Miami. If you have 2 talented 7 footers on your team that can shoot so easily, you attack them in the post. We would hurt them bad down low, and especially if Doc decides to crash the offensive boards harder (Aldridge is a really, really good offensive rebounder).

What you need if you are crafting a roster specifically to beat the Heat are a couple of bigs who can defend Chris Bosh out to the perimeter without being useless on offense.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2013, 11:11:05 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I would love to get LA but i dont think we could swing that. LA would be great alongside Rondo. It would allow KG and Pierce to focus on secondary roles and let LA and Rondo take the reigns. Glorious Pipe dream.