Author Topic: Don't Sweat it. Simple Wake up Call  (Read 3092 times)

Don't Sweat it. Simple Wake up Call
« on: June 11, 2008, 12:02:48 AM »

Offline wildo05

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 21
This game has one moral...let's not get overconfident. We could have easily won this game. End of story. We should have won it. We let it get away. As I said two days ago, KG get on the block! You need to dominate down there. Ray stepped up though. So let's get back to work. I want Game 4 end of story! Do not by into the negative talk!
A winner is someone who recognizes his God- given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals." - Larry Joe Bird

"Anything is Possible!" - KG

"I'm just surprised he wasn't whining about the foul calls." - Glen "Doc" Rivers (6-11-08)

Re: Don't Sweat it. Simple Wake up Call
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2008, 12:05:29 AM »

Offline bbc3341

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 23
I'm with you - Celts will take one of the next 2 and bring it back home with a 2 chances to clinch it... I never thought we'd sweep the Lakers.
Now, on to 18...

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2008, 12:07:29 AM »

Offline Wicked Messenger

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 4
That's a bunch of crap.  Wake up call?  The 4th quarter in game 2 was a wake up call.  This was a critical loss in a game that was there for the taking. 

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2008, 12:09:29 AM »

Offline bbc3341

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 23
It's a series, the Lakers are a good team. This game was there for the C's and they played terribly. Game 4 will be different...
Now, on to 18...

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2008, 12:10:53 AM »

Offline Wicked Messenger

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 4
It better be, or they'll be staring down the possibility of losing 3 straight. 

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2008, 12:11:48 AM »

Online angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 592
I agree. We took their best shot and stil almost won. The only thing is each game is different. I four guys stay out of foul trouble then we get game 4 and maby five >:(
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2008, 12:16:26 AM »

Offline The Walker Wiggle

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 758
  • Pretend Hinkie
That's a bunch of crap.  Wake up call?  The 4th quarter in game 2 was a wake up call.  This was a critical loss in a game that was there for the taking. 

TP. Fans here who feel that was a great or even good game from the Lakers are fooling themselves. L.A. is only going to play better in Games 4 & 5.

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2008, 12:19:01 AM »

Online angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 592

Even though it was there for the taking, its pretty hard to win when you PP is on the pine
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2008, 12:19:39 AM »

Offline biggs

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 71

TP. Fans here who feel that was a great or even good game from the Lakers are fooling themselves. L.A. is only going to play better in Games 4 & 5.

I didn't know negativity warranted tommy points.
Truuuuuuuuuth!

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2008, 12:20:03 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan06

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
KG and Pierce won't play that badly again.  Any of the next 2 (my guess is game 4) is very winnable L.A. didnt impress me.  KG has a post game (see any game he plays against Stoudamire) time to put him on the block and let him abuse the two softies L.A. has in the middle.

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2008, 12:22:46 AM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429

I agree this was not a good fame from the Lakers.  Not sure, however, that they will be much better in 4 or 5.  The disappointing thing to me is the Lakers basically put this game on a platter tonight and the Celts refused to take it. 

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2008, 12:24:16 AM »

Online Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
In a weird way I liked this game for the Celtics.  I had pretty much figured they were going to drop this game.  I hadn't figured on KG shooting bricks all night and Pierce being a nonentity.  But with both of those things happening they were still fighting the whole way.  The D was there, and they had a decent shot at stealing this one.

Now, I don't want to see a repeat of their offense again in this series. 
Yup

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2008, 12:51:44 AM »

Offline BirdNerd

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 17
You can't take anything from this game and extrapolate forward.   Sure Pierce and Garnett played poorly, but you can't assume if they play great next game, we win.   BBall is just too random.   Vujacic saved their butts tonight.  Who would have thought that??

Ray Ray brought it and deserves props.   Our D was solid, but we got beat with Gasol and Odom giving them NOTHING.   

I expected us to get beatdown tonight.   Instead, we hung in there an missed a great opportunity.   

I guess I'm going to need my game 5 ticket to Staples on Sunday.