Author Topic: Worst (or at least, close to the worst) game of Paul's career?  (Read 5366 times)

Re: Worst (or at least, close to the worst) game of Paul's career?
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2008, 12:27:28 AM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
IMO, Paul Pierce's worst game = http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore;_ylt=AtK6IoGasfDLb9hYtRQc4qmkvLYF?gid=2004021204

6 shots with 6 turnovers and he was not in foul trouble...I felt like he was giving up after watching this game.

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2008, 12:28:32 AM »

Offline ziggen

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 19
ENOUGH of the jumpshots!! Yes KG can make it from out there... but he would be more productive if he was inside drawing fouls.

Only players that showed up tonight was Ray Allen. I think KG and PP missed their flight.

No excuses.
Hello World

« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2008, 12:31:06 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
IMO, Paul Pierce's worst game = http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore;_ylt=AtK6IoGasfDLb9hYtRQc4qmkvLYF?gid=2004021204

6 shots with 6 turnovers and he was not in foul trouble...I felt like he was giving up after watching this game.

That Celtics roster hurt my eyes to look at. Michael Stewart :P
Yup

« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2008, 12:31:24 AM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
KG seems to be taking many of his jump shots from two or three feet deeper than normal, also.  You see him that far out and you know that he is going to miss.  Please God, force KG to take the ball to the hoop.

« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2008, 12:32:43 AM »

Offline CelticsPrideKG

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 24
Paul is obviously starting to feel the injury.  He may have screwed himself by playing game 2.  He might have been better off sitting game 2 and treating the injury more seriously.  He looked so sluggish tonight on every play I was screaming at him.  He must have wanted to play through it though and if that's the case I blame Doc for letting the dice role.  There was one point in the fourth when Posey was playing excellently and for some reason Doc takes him out and replaces him with a weathered PP. 

It's just sad that we had this game with Kobe, with the refs and we still lost.

I have to say though that this thread should be the "worst game of garnett's playoff career". He was TERRIBLE.  Absolutely.  I give paul a "D" for this game, but I do do think he really is hurt.  Garnett however earns an F. 

I don't want to be too negative though.  You gotta think it's not good for L.A if we played THAT bad the lakers playing their A game only beat us by that much.

Don't agree with your assessment of Garnett and am hopeful you are wrong about Pierce as well.

Garnett couldn't find his shot and definitely needs to get in the post a bit more.  However, he was boarding the hell out of the ball and playing defense like normal.  It comes down to him doing what he did all season just not knocking down the shots and needing to adjust, hopefully he does so in Game 3 and gets inside more when he can't find his jumpshot going.

« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2008, 12:54:07 AM »

Offline albas89

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
I'm sure it's Paul's worst game ever cuz it's an NBA Final,not a regular season game,not even another playoff game!!I'm sure he wants to forget this day and so do i!The thing is that not only he didn't play well,he also lost some easy shots- too easy for him!!I don't know,i'm a little disheartened by his perfomance tonight,i don't know if he can handle with this and overcome it with a big Game 4...  :-[

On the other side,i think Kevin was offensively bad but overall he wasn't that bad...i mean,PP was AWFUL!!!
"Life has so many hurdles. Some of them I've hopped over, some of them I've tripped over. The key is to get back up and finish the race."- Paul Pierce

And he did finish...