Author Topic: Mike Brown fired  (Read 14866 times)

Re: Mike Brown fired
« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2012, 02:02:18 PM »

Offline celtsfan84

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 80
Yes if true this is BAD news for the Celtics. Brown was/is our ACE in the bag.  Nice man , smart , but not a great leader. DOesn't take a rocket scientist to see that much.

Talk about a KNEE JERK reaction....its only 5 games into the season and they are that paniced to FIRE the coach already ??? that is cruel .  Dang ... and I thought CELTIC fan were tuff ;D

True is , Howard in UNSIGNED for the future , he may still dream of NJ or another team. Nash is already TOO old , he is an injury waiting to happen,  he'll never make it though the rest of the season in one piece playing 35-40 minutes a game.

Worse is KOBE is 34 , he has maybe this year and ONE more KOBE superman year left ,  his youth is leaving him fast.

LA has this year and the next , before Pau is older, Kobe slows more and NASH is in the nursing home with SHEED.

Howard or NO HOWARD ...it isn't going to be easy for LA to win championships when Kobe is gone ...your drop 40 point guy anytime he takes over. ::)

LA fans know the Kobe years are fading fast ...Booo hoo :'(

Yes ...they are on the TWO YEAR plan  for sure.

And then after two years they'll have room for multiple max contracts and multiple players who will want to play there.

We are three years away from multiple threads complaining about how unfair a Kevin Love and Dwight Howard frontcourt is and how it was all a David Stern conspiracy.

« Reply #46 on: November 09, 2012, 02:16:14 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
well 2 things i think of:
i don't know why they hired him in the first place, not a good coach with team they have or good offensive plan so a mistake
they recognized the mistake and canned him EARLY, have to assume kobe and others were in kupchec's ear

« Reply #47 on: November 09, 2012, 02:20:51 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Bill Simmons:  "2 Lakers moves that would scare me: (1) Hire Mike D'Antoni, (2) trade Pau to Atlanta for Josh Smith, Kyle Korver + Petro's expiring. "

« Reply #48 on: November 09, 2012, 02:22:29 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Yes if true this is BAD news for the Celtics. Brown was/is our ACE in the bag.  Nice man , smart , but not a great leader. DOesn't take a rocket scientist to see that much.

Talk about a KNEE JERK reaction....its only 5 games into the season and they are that paniced to FIRE the coach already ??? that is cruel .  Dang ... and I thought CELTIC fan were tuff ;D

True is , Howard in UNSIGNED for the future , he may still dream of NJ or another team. Nash is already TOO old , he is an injury waiting to happen,  he'll never make it though the rest of the season in one piece playing 35-40 minutes a game.

Worse is KOBE is 34 , he has maybe this year and ONE more KOBE superman year left ,  his youth is leaving him fast.

LA has this year and the next , before Pau is older, Kobe slows more and NASH is in the nursing home with SHEED.

Howard or NO HOWARD ...it isn't going to be easy for LA to win championships when Kobe is gone ...your drop 40 point guy anytime he takes over. ::)

LA fans know the Kobe years are fading fast ...Booo hoo :'(

Yes ...they are on the TWO YEAR plan  for sure.

And then after two years they'll have room for multiple max contracts and multiple players who will want to play there.

We are three years away from multiple threads complaining about how unfair a Kevin Love and Dwight Howard frontcourt is and how it was all a David Stern conspiracy.

You stole my next thought... thats exactly where I was going !!! ;D    The Celtics have DUMP PP and KG "before " KOBE retires and get a couple SUPER STARS.... or else ..YES ...Kevin LOVE , CP3 , Cousins will be on their team  in a HEART BEAT. And we'll wind up with OLD worn out players and scrubs

The Lakers is a revolving door for the top 10 players in the NBA to enter  ..YEAR after YEAR...they NEVER have to retool.... just open the door and pick who they want from pretty much anybodies team.   

« Reply #49 on: November 09, 2012, 02:25:20 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
Bill Simmons:  "2 Lakers moves that would scare me: (1) Hire Mike D'Antoni, (2) trade Pau to Atlanta for Josh Smith, Kyle Korver + Petro's expiring. "

Yeah, the Smith one is the especially scary one.  And the Lakers would do it in a second, just to convince Howard to resign.  I just am not sure Atlanta would give up on trying to lure Howard yet. 

« Reply #50 on: November 09, 2012, 02:32:26 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Long as Pat Riley and Jackson don't return to LA .... that will be some satisfaction.

Jerry Sloan "COULD" lead them to a championship , but he is uncompromising / task master .

Kobe and Howard might not be able to handle Sloan in their faces screaming .  They are used to being handled with KID GLOVES...divas

Sloan could carry them to 2-3 banners easy IF the team would embrace his style and not argue with him.. , but I don't think Howard and Kobe can handle Sloan being the COACH., MASTER , and Dictator. They would eventually start to resent Sloans no compromise approach.   

« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 02:44:31 PM by SHAQATTACK »

« Reply #51 on: November 09, 2012, 02:34:07 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 224
they should give Magic Johnson a crackj at it. Always thought he'd make a fine coach.

« Reply #52 on: November 09, 2012, 02:36:16 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
they should give Magic Johnson a crackj at it. Always thought he'd make a fine coach.

They've tried it and canned him faster then Mike brown....and hes part of the dodgers ownership...not sure he could coach the lakers too lol

« Reply #53 on: November 09, 2012, 02:41:05 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
Eh bill Simmons sounds like a dope on this one...gasol is a better fit...Dwight and josh Smith is repetitive and dantoni would make them the most entertaining regular season team ever but playoff failures...Mike brown has had more playoff success

« Reply #54 on: November 09, 2012, 02:46:11 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
Anyone think he could be our assistant coach? He's not good at running things but he's actually a defensive guru for a team that needs its bench to come together on D.

Anyway, Mike D'Antoni will make things very scary if he gets hired to coach because of his past with Nash. What could hurt though is his impatience with divas. He didn't like Melo in NY, so I do wonder what would happen between him and Kobe.

« Reply #55 on: November 09, 2012, 02:49:22 PM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923
Why are they going for an offensive minded coach?  It's their defense and TOs that are killing the Lakers.

« Reply #56 on: November 09, 2012, 02:54:53 PM »

Offline RMO

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 104
Anyone think he could be our assistant coach? He's not good at running things but he's actually a defensive guru for a team that needs its bench to come together on D.

Anyway, Mike D'Antoni will make things very scary if he gets hired to coach because of his past with Nash. What could hurt though is his impatience with divas. He didn't like Melo in NY, so I do wonder what would happen between him and Kobe.

Actually I think Kobe has a tremendous amount of respect for D'Antoni.  I think he was Kobe's favorite player growing up or something.  I believe they have some kind of history of mutual respect for one another.

I don't know if he'd be the right man for the job though.  His style is like a big budget summer movie with a lot of explosions.  Easy on the eyes but come Oscar time forgotten.  Not to mention their main problem seems to be defense.

« Reply #57 on: November 09, 2012, 02:56:45 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269

Actually I think Kobe has a tremendous amount of respect for D'Antoni.  I think he was Kobe's favorite player growing up or something.  I believe they have some kind of history of mutual respect for one another.

I don't know if he'd be the right man for the job though.  His style is like a big budget summer movie with a lot of explosions.  Easy on the eyes but come Oscar time forgotten.  Not to mention their main problem seems to be defense.

Oh well why not hire Mike Brown I mean he's a defensive mastermind and-

Oh.

« Reply #58 on: November 09, 2012, 02:57:15 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
Why are they going for an offensive minded coach?  It's their defense and TOs that are killing the Lakers.

When you can score efficiently, you can get away with a weaker defense.

Not to mention, the talent they have suggests they should be a much better offensive team.  They need to maximize that.

« Reply #59 on: November 09, 2012, 02:58:25 PM »

Offline RMO

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 104

Oh well why not hire Mike Brown I mean he's a defensive mastermind and-

Oh.

Don't underestimate jimmy.