Author Topic: Wimbledon 2011  (Read 3506 times)

Wimbledon 2011
« on: June 21, 2011, 11:18:22 AM »

Offline twinbree

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 170
Anyone watching the re-match of the longest match in history today? Relive the (lengthy ;D) memories here: http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/tennis/wimbledon11/columns/story?columnist=garber_greg&id=6660832

Yes! Nando wins! He won his first ever comeback from 2 sets down match last U.S Open and since then he's had another at the Australian and now at Wimbledon.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 11:26:44 AM by twinbree »
Tommy: He's got a line about me. Tell him the line.

Mike: Everybody 60 or over knows Tommy as a player. Everybody 40 or over knows Tommy as a coach. Everybody 20 or over knows Tommy as a broadcaster. And everybody 10 or under thinks he's Shrek.

Re: Wimbledon 2011
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2011, 10:17:18 AM »

Offline twinbree

• Jim Loscutoff
Well the Isner/Mahut rematch was a dud. Guess you can't catch lightening twice in a bottle huh slightly shady Wimbledon draw makers? This Lopez/Roddick match could be could rival their original match if Roddick can somehow manage to dig out of the immense hole he's in now. Breaks of serve are so rare in their matches.

So many promising matches today. I hope the weather doesn't ruin it.

Mike: Everybody 60 or over knows Tommy as a player. Everybody 40 or over knows Tommy as a coach. Everybody 20 or over knows Tommy as a broadcaster. And everybody 10 or under thinks he's Shrek.

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2011, 11:26:55 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
Wow... Quite the collapse by Federer.  Up 2 sets and he loses.

If there was any Slam where Roger could still bring it and win it all, you'd have to think Wimbledon would've been it.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2011, 01:18:41 PM »

Offline twinbree

• Jim Loscutoff
That ROYALLY sucked. 2 QF exits in a row at Wimbledon. So his worst slam performances this past couple of years have come on grass. I feel so bad for him. First ever 2 set lead loss. Guess it's up to Rafa to hold down the fort now. Hope he can win his match in 3 and rest that foot.

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2011, 11:46:01 AM »

Offline twinbree

• Jim Loscutoff
I hope Kvitova blows Sharapova off the court on Saturday. It's petty but every win she has irritates me because I have to see Vujacic's annoying face celebrating.

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2011, 11:52:16 AM »

Offline OsirusCeltics

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 198
Wow... Quite the collapse by Federer.  Up 2 sets and he loses.

If there was any Slam where Roger could still bring it and win it all, you'd have to think Wimbledon would've been it.

Don't remind me! Lol
I'm a HUGE Federer fan. I'm just...crestfallen
I'm rooting for Tsonga to win it all now. He's gonna win alot of titles IMO