Author Topic: Is anyone else worried about this Pacers coaching situation with Brad?  (Read 5339 times)

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
As others have said, I'm not really worried about Stevens deciding to leave at this point.

That being said, if he did decide to leave, the Celtics job would be much, much more attractive than it was after Doc left. With that in mind, I think Danny would have his pick of top-notch coaching candidates.

Danny had his pick of candidates last time.  Brad Stevens was not a making-the-best-of-a-bad-situation hire.  He was Ainge's top choice.

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
it's much more likely that Stevens gets Vogel as an assistant than Stevens leaving Boston for Indiana. The even more likely scenario is that Vogel goes to a completely new team like New Orleans or Sacramento.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
He isn't going anywhere until his contract is done.

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
All of you who are in love with this roster would do well to realize, Stevens expects to contend. Soon.

He is not going to be satisfied with the current situation forever.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
His contract is over, he just did not get resigned for another one.

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
His contract is over, he just did not get resigned for another one.

I think he meant Stevens, not Vogel - as in Stevens isn't going anywhere until his contract is done.

As others have said, I'm not really worried about Stevens deciding to leave at this point.

That being said, if he did decide to leave, the Celtics job would be much, much more attractive than it was after Doc left. With that in mind, I think Danny would have his pick of top-notch coaching candidates.

Danny had his pick of candidates last time.  Brad Stevens was not a making-the-best-of-a-bad-situation hire.  He was Ainge's top choice.

True, but he wasn't even on anybody else's radar. Had he been a a top candidate, Stevens might very well not be in Boston. Still, in 2013, there were some great hires. Maybe we would signed somebody like Clifford from Charlotte.

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
If we have to take a step back( strike out on trades, lottery, free agents don't come, lose turner and Sully) in order to move forward and Stevens isn't on board and wants PRETTY good players just to get us into the playoffs then that stinks but see ya later, Brad.