Author Topic: Where does Brad stand in longest tenured coaches?  (Read 2113 times)

Re: Where does Brad stand in longest tenured coaches?
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2016, 10:26:49 AM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
well...Memphis coach just got fired. Puts Brad at #9.

« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2016, 11:11:13 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
2013 was a good year for hiring coaches:

Stevens, Budenholzer, Clifford, Joerger, even Doc. The only one out of the group that isn't working out is Brett Brown.
Brown is working out just fine.

Ha - I guess it depends on which way you look at it. I actually don't think he has done a bad job, but you couldn't be handed a worse set of cards.

well...Memphis coach just got fired. Puts Brad at #9.

Weird, I have no idea how Memphis didn't lose all of their games after their entire team went down (Gasol, Conley, ZBo, etc). Maybe he was fired for not tanking after the injuries happened.

Actually, this from Yahoo Sports:

As trust eroded over the past several months, tensions escalated between Joerger and Grizzlies management. The organization was frustrated with Joerger publicly making disparaging comments about Memphis’ roster and his own role in player personnel, league sources said. Joerger had grown belligerent to many within the organization, an attitude that those close to Joerger described as a response to his own belief that management was setting him up to fail next season, sources said.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--grizzlies-fire-head-coach-dave-joerger-133415083.html

« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2016, 11:26:59 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
He won't be there long if the roster isn't upgraded.

Stevens is not going to work his butt off to overachieve with a bunch of lousy shooters forever.

Ok? And we will upgrade this roster this year. Not sure what you're implying here...

He wants DA to sign his boy Beasley  ::)