Author Topic: Celtics (0-0) at Knicks (0-0) Game 1 4/20  (Read 99108 times)

Re: Celtics (0-0) at Knicks (0-0) Game 1 4/20
« Reply #720 on: April 20, 2013, 07:25:35 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
BTW, what an embarrassing second half effort given by the Celtics for the city of Boston.  ::) ::)

Of course, I still say that the bombings were going to have zero effect on the Celtics play and so far, that's true.

Give that a rest..if they knew how to take care of the ball they'd win the game point blank.
Sorry. Not going to do it. Until I see this magical motivation that the bombings are supposed to create, you are going to hear it.

That second half was embarrassing. The worst scoring half in Celtic playoff history happens just days after a complete no show in a game which happened just days after a bombing that was supposed to inspire motivation and excellence in the Celtics, supposedly.

If the celtics win the series are you going to say it was because of the motivation of the bombings?

If not than why are you even talking about this. You are going to argue against it either way so its just bickering just to bicker.

My god tho I cant believe we almost won with maybe the worst quarter in Celtics history. Soencouraging. Unless of course you never believe a loss can be encouraging.

« Reply #721 on: April 20, 2013, 07:31:30 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2406
Tyson Chandler played only 20 minutes.

The Knicks still won.

This was a real chance to steal one on their homecourt. A blown opportunity.

« Reply #722 on: April 20, 2013, 07:49:47 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Good try, but not good enough.

Tuesday is a must-win.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #723 on: April 20, 2013, 08:06:57 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
BTW, what an embarrassing second half effort given by the Celtics for the city of Boston.  ::) ::)

Of course, I still say that the bombings were going to have zero effect on the Celtics play and so far, that's true.

Give that a rest..if they knew how to take care of the ball they'd win the game point blank.
Sorry. Not going to do it. Until I see this magical motivation that the bombings are supposed to create, you are going to hear it.

That second half was embarrassing. The worst scoring half in Celtic playoff history happens just days after a complete no show in a game which happened just days after a bombing that was supposed to inspire motivation and excellence in the Celtics, supposedly.

If the celtics win the series are you going to say it was because of the motivation of the bombings?

If not than why are you even talking about this. You are going to argue against it either way so its just bickering just to bicker.

My god tho I cant believe we almost won with maybe the worst quarter in Celtics history. Soencouraging. Unless of course you never believe a loss can be encouraging.

TP! Very true!!!!
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #724 on: April 20, 2013, 08:46:53 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
My god tho I cant believe we almost won with maybe the worst quarter in Celtics history.

That is actually pretty impressive.

Until you realize it could've been totally avoided.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #725 on: April 21, 2013, 03:26:49 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS

The Knicks still won.

I agree we played about as good as you can up until that horrendous second half. I know Melo had almost 40 but it wasn't in a dominant way where he was just killing us, we made it tough for him and held their shooters in check for the most part. I'll take ugly games with them in the 90s all day.

I said it before the series not worried about defense it's our offense. If nobody outside Pierce and Green can make shots this series will be over fast.
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #726 on: April 21, 2013, 09:09:03 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120

The Knicks still won.

I agree we played about as good as you can up until that horrendous second half. I know Melo had almost 40 but it wasn't in a dominant way where he was just killing us, we made it tough for him and held their shooters in check for the most part. I'll take ugly games with them in the 90s all day.

The second half wasn't even all that bad. Cs led by 7 at one point (largest lead by either team to that point, I believe). If they could've maintained hustle, they would have pulled out the W. KMart and Kidd really showed a lot of hustle, and got Melo and the crowd back into it. Gritty vets would help the Cs a lot (Terry doesn't count).
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #727 on: April 21, 2013, 09:17:16 AM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
I don't believe in moral victories, not in the playoffs.

« Reply #728 on: April 21, 2013, 09:22:39 AM »

Offline Galeto

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 71
I wish I never had to see Bradley try to pass again in the playoffs.  It's ridiculous how awful a passer and finisher around the basket he is on non-cuts.  While his shooting numbers were solid, after the Knicks took away his cuts off the ball, he didn't have much of an impact.  Overall, between the grade school passing and bad fouls, he's a very frustrating player to watch.

« Reply #729 on: April 21, 2013, 11:23:29 AM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
I wish I never had to see Bradley try to pass again in the playoffs.  It's ridiculous how awful a passer and finisher around the basket he is on non-cuts.  While his shooting numbers were solid, after the Knicks took away his cuts off the ball, he didn't have much of an impact.  Overall, between the grade school passing and bad fouls, he's a very frustrating player to watch.

Agreed

« Reply #730 on: April 21, 2013, 12:10:32 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
After watching some of the highlights and a bit of the game, I'm still optimistic about this team's opportunity vs NY and the postseason.

If we get 4 pts and TEN REBOUNDS, plus solid D - from BASS the rest of the series and playoffs? I'm happy.

Jeff Green has arrived - boy has he. The man CAN and WILL carry us at times offensively, vs just about ANY team from here on out....and he is getting better defensively. That last shot with Melo hitting that 3 with Jeff draped all over him? I'll give Melo that shot ALL DAY, myself...he won't hit those much more often vs BOS.

Paul Pierce and KG won't have bad shooting nights on Tues and the rest of the post-season.

Jason Terry WON'T go 0-4...Lord I hope he doesn't :o.

Avery Bradley is STILL learning the PG spot...he is not and will never be Rajon - but he is all we have right now....and personally I'm happy with that. He did not play well from a PGs perspective, but he WILL play better. I believe that.

On Tue (and the remainder of the postseaon) BOS won't have the swell of emotions to deal with in regards to the tragedy of last week.

NY got this one, but boy they'd better hope that Carmelo Anthony can average 36-40 pts the rest of the way.

And Carmelo WON'T do that.

I'm still happy BOS is playing NY, and we'll right the ship here soon.

« Reply #731 on: April 21, 2013, 12:26:13 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney

Jeff Green has arrived

In the first half you mean.

« Reply #732 on: April 21, 2013, 12:29:53 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251

Jeff Green has arrived

His inconsistency is not going away.  He played a great 24 minutes of basketball and p---ed away the other 24

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #733 on: April 21, 2013, 12:41:25 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785

Jeff Green has arrived

His inconsistency is not going away.  He played a great 24 minutes of basketball and p---ed away the other 24

Look, no offense intended to you or LSS, but I LOL'd at the comments here.

What do we expect Jeff Green to do - carry us for 48 min? Ain't happening.

His production "should" have been enough to carry BOS...none of us foresaw JT going 0 - 4, Paul and KG having bad FG% games, nor the mistakes that AB made at PG.

No one on the Knicks squad can guard Paul Pierce...he "should" be having a field day out there.

To me, Jeff Green is the absolute last person we should be blaming, here....just unbelievable.

« Reply #734 on: April 21, 2013, 12:49:06 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney

Jeff Green has arrived

Look, no offense intended to you or LSS, but I LOL'd at the comments here.

What do we expect Jeff Green to do - carry us for 48 min? Ain't happening.

His production "should" have been enough to carry BOS...none of us foresaw JT going 0 - 4, Paul and KG having bad FG% games, nor the mistakes that AB made at PG.

No one on the Knicks squad can guard Paul Pierce...he "should" be having a field day out there.

To me, Jeff Green is the absolute last person we should be blaming, here....just unbelievable.

I'm not blaming him for the loss. I'm just pointing out that he was M.I.A in the second half. So yeah, he arrived for the first half and then left early. I have no problem with green missing, I have a problem when he losses his aggressiveness and that's exactly what he did in the second half. He does deserve SOME blame.