Author Topic: Celtics (0-0) at Knicks (0-0) Game 1 4/20  (Read 99096 times)

Re: Celtics (0-0) at Knicks (0-0) Game 1 4/20
« Reply #705 on: April 20, 2013, 05:41:09 PM »

Offline NocturnalRebel

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 41
There has to be more balance. Rondo was missed tonight. Lee and especially Terry have to produce in these playoffs. Terry's inconsistency makes us miss Ray Allen. This game was winnable for tha Celtics but they dropped tha ball. They need to be and stay aggressive for all four quarters in these playoffs. Especially against tha Knicks.
Loyalty Is Royalty

« Reply #706 on: April 20, 2013, 05:42:07 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
BTW, what an embarrassing second half effort given by the Celtics for the city of Boston.  ::) ::)

Of course, I still say that the bombings were going to have zero effect on the Celtics play and so far, that's true.

Give that a rest..if they knew how to take care of the ball they'd win the game point blank.
Sorry. Not going to do it. Until I see this magical motivation that the bombings are supposed to create, you are going to hear it.

That second half was embarrassing. The worst scoring half in Celtic playoff history happens just days after a complete no show in a game which happened just days after a bombing that was supposed to inspire motivation and excellence in the Celtics, supposedly.

« Reply #707 on: April 20, 2013, 05:42:15 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1558
any points and boards from shav and wilcox would be an added plus off the bench. but nope we playin small ball boyz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ::)
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #708 on: April 20, 2013, 05:42:31 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2406
Celtics are in a dire need of a big that can also score in the post/pass from the post. That would open up so much more in the perimeter

They are in dire need of dribble penetration.

They are in dire need of Rondo.

Even a backup PG like Will Bynum or JJ Barea would make such a big difference to Boston's offense right now. Someone who can beat their defender and get into the paint. Force the Knicks defense off kilter. Get them scrambling.

Too easy to defend right now. Everything is in front of a set defense.

« Reply #709 on: April 20, 2013, 05:44:22 PM »

Offline LEHGOCELTICS

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 18
After taking a seven point lead, we finished the game on a 22-8 run.

Need to close games better.

Not worried.  The better team wins a series.

So...are you going to keep defending the self-proclaimed "JET"?

Since when were series one game long?

He had a bad game; doesn't mean he won't step up later.

So...are you going to keep defending the scrub that is Terrence Williams?

Except that he has failed to show up all season.  ::) Terry defenders have argued that he'll show up in the playoffs, despite his consistent lack of game all season long. Now the playoffs are here, and nothing has changed, and there are no signs of anything changing either.

We need to reallocate his minutes where we can get more value and production. This guy is done.

And on Terrence Williams, this guy can actually set up others and pass the ball, which are faults we direly need to fortify if we want to pull this upset.

all in for r rondo all in for r rondo all in for r rondo all in for r rondo all in for r rondo

« Reply #710 on: April 20, 2013, 05:44:33 PM »

Offline SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2004
Celtics are in a dire need of a big that can also score in the post/pass from the post. That would open up so much more in the perimeter

They are in dire need of dribble penetration.

They are in dire need of Rondo.

Even a backup PG like Will Bynum or JJ Barea would make such a big difference to Boston's offense right now. Someone who can beat their defender and get into the paint. Force the Knicks defense off kilter. Get them scrambling.

Too easy to defend right now. Everything is in front of a set defense.

For sure.  That, or run more post plays of KG or PP, like how they were posting PP early in the game.  It creates an automatic threat and the defense needs to shift and react accordingly.  Not sure why they didnt' do more of it in the 2nd half.  25 points in a half is just ungodly bad.

« Reply #711 on: April 20, 2013, 05:45:06 PM »

• Dennis Johnson
There has to be more balance. Rondo was missed tonight. Lee and especially Terry have to produce in these playoffs. Terry's inconsistency makes us miss Ray Allen. This game was winnable for tha Celtics but they dropped tha ball. They need to be and stay aggressive for all four quarters in these playoffs. Especially against tha Knicks.

YOU CAN THANK DOC FREAKING RIVERS FOR NO ATTACKING AND NO POST UP GAME.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #712 on: April 20, 2013, 05:46:22 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Ray Allen would have had at least 15 today in that game. Instead we have terry who can't score and can't defend

« Reply #713 on: April 20, 2013, 05:46:33 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830

Because he picked the players?

« Reply #714 on: April 20, 2013, 05:48:40 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2406
I am not wild about the big lineup - the starting unit

G - Bradley
G - Pierce
F - Green
F - Bass
C - Garnett

I think the size advantage of Pierce + Green in the post against New York's wings is too easy to counter. A quick double team on the post and the threat is gone. Ball forced out to Bass, Garnett or Bradley for a long two point jump-shot. Some of the least efficient shots in basketball.

I don't think it's a good offensive system. I think Boston needs to drop Bass and go smaller with someone like Courtney Lee. Use that added three point threat to get better spacing. Look to drive off of kickouts since there is no longer a clogged paint inside from double teaming the post. One of Green or Pierce (whoever Melo isn't defending) gets a much easier matchup to exploit.

I think Doc needs to go smaller to get enough offense on the floor to win in this series.

« Reply #715 on: April 20, 2013, 06:04:44 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
So. I watched this game in NYC surrounded by a bar full of Knicks fans. They are loud and unpleasant. Next time you see me, please buy me drinks to make up for the last 2+ hours of my life.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #716 on: April 20, 2013, 06:09:57 PM »

• Dennis Johnson

Because he picked the players?

think! think! did we run any POST UP PLAYS? or attack in the second half????  you telling me KG and shav and green cannot post up?
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #717 on: April 20, 2013, 06:12:40 PM »

Offline aporel#18

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 170
So. I watched this game in NYC surrounded by a bar full of Knicks fans. They are loud and unpleasant. Next time you see me, please buy me drinks to make up for the last 2+ hours of my life.

TP. It's a shame you couldn't watch the Cs win in "enemy territory".

« Reply #718 on: April 20, 2013, 06:20:57 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120

TP. It's a shame you couldn't watch the Cs win in "enemy territory".

Next game :)
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #719 on: April 20, 2013, 07:21:49 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
yuk....just got home.......what happened . only 8 points in the 4th..... nobody deserves to win scoring only 8 points in 12 minutes NBA. :-[

We were up when I left

return home to a disaster,

Where was the  "JET" ???

Looks like we are dead without Rondo in the playoff.