Author Topic: Celtics Trade to upgrade SG/SF position and rebuild two positions now.  (Read 6912 times)

Re: Celtics Trade to upgrade SG/SF position and rebuild two positions now.
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2011, 11:57:39 AM »

Offline James Haley

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
  • Banner 18
I will say if Perk was not hurt in the finals we would have held the lead against the Lakers. Perk is a key player.

Davis is a decent 6th man and can play the 4 or 5 position.
2012-2013 free agents or possible draft picks are limited, when the big three are no more then what?

The Celtics will be a 40+ win team lets not forget before the trade we had Rondo, Pierce and Perk and could not stay above .500............

How do we play this soon enough we will have to start rebuilding by trading someone worth some value to us.

« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2011, 12:02:46 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
I will say if Perk was not hurt in the finals we would have held the lead against the Lakers. Perk is a key player.

2012-2013 free agents or possible draft picks are limited, when the big three are no more then what?

The Celtics will be a 40+ win team lets not forget before the trade we had Rondo, Pierce and Perk and could not stay above .500............

Before the trade Rondo was a rookie, Perk was playing through plantar fasciatus and PP missed half the season with a stress fracture.

« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2011, 03:25:46 PM »

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 255

How do we play this soon enough we will have to start rebuilding by trading someone worth some value to us.

I don't think rebuilding in a year where we are making a run at a Title makes sense...

Like others have pointed out, after Ray and KG expire we should have a lot of cap space. At that point we either target a FA or go into rebuilding mode...