Author Topic: New York rejects Denver's asking price for Carmelo  (Read 22435 times)

Re: New York rejects Denver's asking price for Carmelo
« Reply #90 on: February 18, 2011, 12:56:35 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Bergen Record reporting a "tentative deal" has been struck between Denver and New Jersey.

Link

Carmelo, Billups, and filler for Devin Harris, Favors, Troy Murphy, and 4 1st rounders.

Our long national nightmare may soon be over, folks. By this time next week, the trade rumors will stop.

Thoughts:

- 4 1sts??  Wow.

- Didn't the last deal fall through in small part because Billups was going to refuse to report to NJ? Has that changed?

« Reply #91 on: February 18, 2011, 12:59:14 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
Hopefully whoever gets Billups keeps him.  And in reality, I think they should.  If the Nets (or Knicks) get Carmelo and want to keep him, having Billups would be a step in the right direction. 

« Reply #92 on: February 18, 2011, 12:59:15 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Bergen Record reporting a "tentative deal" has been struck between Denver and New Jersey.

Link

Carmelo, Billups, and filler for Devin Harris, Favors, Troy Murphy, and 4 1st rounders.

Our long national nightmare may soon be over, folks. By this time next week, the trade rumors will stop.

Thoughts:

- 4 1sts??  Wow.

- Didn't the last deal fall through in small part because Billups was going to refuse to report to NJ? Has that changed?
He wanted to be sure they picked up his option, they said they would. It feel apart once the meeting with Melo was supposed to happen.

That makes me wonder if Melo won't kill this potential deal too.

« Reply #93 on: February 18, 2011, 12:59:25 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352

Link

That's assuming that Melo agrees to an extension in NJ.

Yes.

But one way or another, the Melo talk will have to stop by this time next week, since the deadline will have passed.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #94 on: February 18, 2011, 01:18:42 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

Link

Thoughts:

- 4 1sts??  Wow.

He wanted to be sure they picked up his option, they said they would. It feel apart once the meeting with Melo was supposed to happen.

Well, it fell apart before they could even meet with Melo, because when NJ thought they had the framework worked out, and had brought in other teams at Denvers request, Denver said they needed more. 

I personally think if they ever got to the meeting with Melo last time, he would have agreed to resign. However, now that Denver has brought NY to the table, and Melo knows NY will be there if NJ drops out, Melo will refuse to sign with the Nets. 

« Reply #95 on: February 18, 2011, 01:23:11 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

Link

Thoughts:

- 4 1sts??  Wow.

Well, it fell apart before they could even meet with Melo, because when NJ thought they had the framework worked out, and had brought in other teams at Denvers request, Denver said they needed more. 

I personally think if they ever got to the meeting with Melo last time, he would have agreed to resign. However, now that Denver has brought NY to the table, and Melo knows NY will be there if NJ drops out, Melo will refuse to sign with the Nets. 
Link?

I thought the deal was worked out and the meeting with Melo was set up. Then NJ "decided" to back out.

« Reply #96 on: February 18, 2011, 01:28:11 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200

« Reply #97 on: February 18, 2011, 01:32:51 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

Link

Thoughts:

- 4 1sts??  Wow.

Link?

I thought the deal was worked out and the meeting with Melo was set up. Then NJ "decided" to back out.

No link, but thats just how I remember it.  I believe it was all speculation going either way.

« Reply #98 on: February 18, 2011, 10:01:46 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2409
I personally think if they ever got to the meeting with Melo last time, he would have agreed to resign.
Agreed -- Carmelo doesn't know what he is doing. He has no plan. He'd like to go to NY but he could easily be talked into doing something else. Just needs a little TLC and for someone to show a bit of ambition if only in their words and not their current actions.

Very desperate to get his contract extension done before the summer.

However, now that Denver has brought NY to the table, and Melo knows NY will be there if NJ drops out, Melo will refuse to sign with the Nets. 

I don't think so. I think he should ... but I don't he will.

I don't he has the backbone or vision to truly drive these negotiations.

Too soft, too indecisive.

« Reply #99 on: February 18, 2011, 10:03:17 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
I personally think if they ever got to the meeting with Melo last time, he would have agreed to resign.
Agreed -- Carmelo doesn't know what he is doing. He has no plan. He'd like to go to NY but he could easily be talked into doing something else. Just needs a little TLC and for someone to show a bit of ambition if only in their words and not their current actions.

Very desperate to get his contract extension done before the summer.

However, now that Denver has brought NY to the table, and Melo knows NY will be there if NJ drops out, Melo will refuse to sign with the Nets. 

I don't think so. I think he should ... but I don't he will.

I don't he has the backbone or vision to truly drive these negotiations.

Too soft, too indecisive.

Just the type of guy you want to give up a bunch of talented young players and first round picks for...
 :-\
Celtics fan for life.