Author Topic: Tayshaun is on the block!!!!  (Read 18064 times)

Re: TEySHAUN IS ON THE BLOCK!!!!
« Reply #45 on: February 14, 2011, 01:58:57 PM »

Offline Birdbrain

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • 36 charges and counting..
Sorry bud. It isnt 2004 anymore. Prince would just be another old injury prone player on this team. pass

well, who exactly do you think we can get to backup Pierce then? We really don't have much to offer, we aren't going to get a young stud. We would be very lucky to get Prince.

I suggest we use the pieces we already have to backup Pierce
a) Marquis(when healthy)
b) Wafer
c) Haragody
d) If necessary Baby when Shaq or Erden come back.

Agreed they have enough to get through until they get healthy and if they can't get totally healthy go with what you got because the C's have enough talent as long as kg and rondo are healthy.

Little Fockers 1.5/10
Gulliver's Travels 1/10
Grown Ups -20/10
Tron Legacy 6.5/10

« Reply #46 on: February 14, 2011, 02:00:41 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
Prince is the perfect fit but I don't think we have the pieces to get it done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Spi-4_6Ugdg

Doc on the call? Lol.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #47 on: February 14, 2011, 02:01:00 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
I think they'll hold onto Prince unless they can get real value for him. Sadly given their ownership situation they can't take on money, so its hard to come up with a trade they'd say yes to.

I think they might trade him, considering how badly the team has done this year, and the obvious friction with Kuester.

He's a free agent after this year, so he may walk, and Detroit will have nothing. I think they'd need financial relief from one of their other longer contracts (Rip), and/or draft picks.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #48 on: February 14, 2011, 05:27:21 PM »

Offline birdwatcher

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 126
  • Another undersized Celtic...
Does anyone want Maggette?? He's more than an adequate sub for Pierce, scoring wise. I don't know where he stands defensively, but he's a strong 3 and is a really solid FT shooter which would be useful in the playoffs. He can definitely shoot & get to the rim. I have no idea what his value is though--do we even have what it would take to get him without giving up much?

« Reply #49 on: February 14, 2011, 05:50:16 PM »

Offline Army_of_One_Nation

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 44
Good rebounder, too. But, at $10M/, I don't think the C's have the contract to trade for him to the Bucks.

Does anyone want Maggette?? He's more than an adequate sub for Pierce, scoring wise. I don't know where he stands defensively, but he's a strong 3 and is a really solid FT shooter which would be useful in the playoffs. He can definitely shoot & get to the rim. I have no idea what his value is though--do we even have what it would take to get him without giving up much?
"I've got a theory that if you give 100% all of the time, somehow things will work out in the end."
Larry Bird

« Reply #50 on: February 14, 2011, 06:43:01 PM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1409
  • Let's Go Celtics!
would love to have Tayshaun Prince on this team. Would be a perfect fit for our defense.
He & Battier would to me be perfect fits.  Prince is an upgrade over daniels, wafer and ready...Posey.  I don't think we have the pieces to get it done.  Unless it was a sign and trade with davis involved?  But I think we need him (not sure jermaine is going to give us anything)

I dream of Shane Battier in green. But that's all it is though, a lovely dream.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #51 on: February 14, 2011, 09:25:35 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Good rebounder, too. But, at $10M/, I don't think the C's have the contract to trade for him to the Bucks.

Weak defender historically, but he does have the athletic ability to be a good defender if he buys into our system. My question on him for, for our club, would be offensively. He's always been known for taking a lot of shots and being the type of player that kills ball movement. That said, he's a slasher of the first order and gets to the line a lot. Our jump shooting squad could use his slashing, but only if he would adjust his style to our system.

« Reply #52 on: February 14, 2011, 09:51:51 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
Unfortunately, Tayshaun doesn't look to be in the cards unless he is bought out.  I don't see why Detroit takes on more salary for next year when Tayshaun expires this summer.  The last thing they need is Nate or Jermaine on the books for them next summer just to get a pick. 

Now if they buy him out to save a million or so, he might come here.  Still, Boston isn't as enticing as some might think.  He already has a ring, so he doesn't need to pull a P.J. Brown.  Furthermore, playing behind Ray and Paul isn't exactly something most players crave.  Coming here pretty much guarantees a limited role where he won't sniff the floor in crunchtime. 

« Reply #53 on: February 15, 2011, 01:01:59 AM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 228
Unfortunately, Tayshaun doesn't look to be in the cards unless he is bought out.  I don't see why Detroit takes on more salary for next year when Tayshaun expires this summer.  The last thing they need is Nate or Jermaine on the books for them next summer just to get a pick.  

Now if they buy him out to save a million or so, he might come here.  Still, Boston isn't as enticing as some might think.  He already has a ring, so he doesn't need to pull a P.J. Brown.  Furthermore, playing behind Ray and Paul isn't exactly something most players crave.  Coming here pretty much guarantees a limited role where he won't sniff the floor in crunchtime.  

You make a good point. But I could see situations, where Doc would finish games going small, with Prince at the 4 and KG at the 5. The Celtics did it, as we all know, with Posey. I think Prince would bring a lot of the same things, only a lot better. But attaining him is only a dream.

« Reply #54 on: February 15, 2011, 01:26:17 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I have met Prince and I can tell you he's very short, has modest manners, would be probably pretty bad for team chemistry, and should definitely stick to music

Have you SEEN Prince play basketball?  He'll kick your ass, then make you pancakes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaKHR6oe52Q
Actually the very first question my brother asked me was if I asked him if he wanted to play basketball. I thought he was being obtuse, but no I didn't see him play. But I do find all of this somewhat believable despite the wiki report he needs hip surgery. The only other thing I can confirm from wiki is his romantic "link" to someone.

I say give him a tryout if he wants it

« Reply #55 on: February 15, 2011, 07:00:20 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 395

Weak defender historically, but he does have the athletic ability to be a good defender if he buys into our system. My question on him for, for our club, would be offensively. He's always been known for taking a lot of shots and being the type of player that kills ball movement. That said, he's a slasher of the first order and gets to the line a lot. Our jump shooting squad could use his slashing, but only if he would adjust his style to our system.

yes, weak defender and i don't know if he passes the ball. and i'm not talking about getting an assist. Just regular ol passing the ball. his style of play is get the ball, put his head down, drive and get fouled. he shoots a great percentage from the FT line though.
- LilRip

Re: Tayshaun is on the block!!!!
« Reply #56 on: February 15, 2011, 09:50:16 AM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
I think anyone who is even the slightest legit, will play well in Boston. I think Corey Maggette would play well with someone like Rondo because he could back door cut all day and get easy buckets. Rasual Butler would be wide open for 3's on this team and big a bigger version of Eddie. Eventually I think we will get Rasual. Someone who we can run off screens and also can sit in the corner. But To be honest I want a big name that everyone says "Wow this move puts Boston as the best chance to win." And I think that can happen if we were to get a Rip, Prince, or Battier type player.

« Reply #57 on: February 15, 2011, 09:51:21 AM »

Offline heitingas

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
look at this play from 0:25 ,couldn't find a separate video,could someone gif this ?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1Px-jPm_TU&feature=fvsr

« Reply #58 on: February 15, 2011, 10:04:45 PM »

Offline stylo617617

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 33
Unfortunately, Tayshaun doesn't look to be in the cards unless he is bought out.  I don't see why Detroit takes on more salary for next year when Tayshaun expires this summer.  The last thing they need is Nate or Jermaine on the books for them next summer just to get a pick. 

Now if they buy him out to save a million or so, he might come here.  Still, Boston isn't as enticing as some might think.  He already has a ring, so he doesn't need to pull a P.J. Brown.  Furthermore, playing behind Ray and Paul isn't exactly something most players crave.  Coming here pretty much guarantees a limited role where he won't sniff the floor in crunchtime. 

You make a good point. But I could see situations, where Doc would finish games going small, with Prince at the 4 and KG at the 5. The Celtics did it, as we all know, with Posey. I think Prince would bring a lot of the same things, only a lot better. But attaining him is only a dream.

very true same with battier hou has an abundance of of gurads already why would they A.get another guard & B.take on another year's salary & have to buy out j.O

yeah we can rent brooks from them (can u imagine?!) but there still taking on nates 4.5 next year when there trying to save & again they have too many guards who wants minutes i predict danny makes the small but very appropriate addition of someone who gets bought out or

rasual butler
carlos delfino
etc.

the only "big name" i see us getting is rip since detriot wants to rid themselves of that salary 

« Reply #59 on: February 15, 2011, 10:06:55 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
look at this play from 0:25 ,couldn't find a separate video,could someone gif this ?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1Px-jPm_TU&feature=fvsr

are you trying to point out bad defense by Tayshaun? Because his guy was supposed to help.