1 (1.4%)
Celtics in 5
25 (35.2%)
Celtics in 6
36 (50.7%)
Celtics in 7
5 (7%)

Total Members Voted: 71

Author Topic: Poll: Mavericks vs. Celtics Series Predictions  (Read 6122 times)

mobilija, Phantom255x, makaveli and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Re: Poll: Mavericks vs. Celtics Series Predictions
« Reply #120 on: Today at 12:36:03 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 620
Broussard and Nick both taking the Mavs.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #121 on: Today at 12:37:12 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3061
  • On To Banner 18!

Great news!
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #122 on: Today at 12:42:23 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 734
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Per Joe:

Big Kristaps Porzingis update from practice today:

“He did everything the team did.”

Sounds like they are ramping up:

Joe Mazzulla says Kristaps Porzingis was a full participant in today's Celtics practice. However, he added the caveat that today's practice was "moderate" and that tomorrow's session will be much more intense.

« Reply #123 on: Today at 01:02:28 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1562
I’m genuinely terrified of Luka in this series. Should be the Celtics time but I can’t guarantee or predict that with that cold blooded killer on the other side
Don't see why Luka would terrify anyone.  What has he done to be considered a cold blooded killer?  Just thinking about Luka and Kyrie having to play defense against this Celts team ought to put a big grin on any Celtics fan.

I can’t take you serious with a comment like this.
Don’t see why Luka would terrify anyone? Huh?
There defense has been pretty good in the second half of the season too btw. We’ll see.
You didn't say anything to justify your terror but that's okay because terror is often irrational.  Luka isn't Michael, LeBron or even Kobe.  He certainly isn't Bird. Now maybe he does step up to carry Mavs to win this series but to be honest I'd be more concerned about Kyrie.   

I have Luka up in the class of Bird, Magic, Oscar and LeBron.

Luka is incredible. One of the most skilled players of All-Time. A 30-10-10 threat on a nightly basis. Clutch. Performs well in the playoffs.
The only thing that concerns me is that Minnesota was supposedly one of the top defensive teams in the league and Dallas handled them very effectively. Talent wins in this league and Luka is probably the best player in this series. Couple that with Cleveland Championship Winning Kyrie and that's a problem.

Bird back in his day would get his against any defense. They have 2 guys who can do that.  I don't see how we win this without a big contribution from Porzingis - which I think we'll get.

The Timberwolves roster construction was not a good defensive matchup against Dallas. Their top defenders were their interior guys and Gobert and Towns got totally abused defensively by Dallas' guards/wings. The Celtics on the other hand are built for this. They have 6 guys who are all versatile top level 2 way players and their defensive strength is at the guard and wing positions. We know the Celtics can defend at a top level. On the other side, what defenders does Dallas have? They don't stand a chance of guarding Boston. They can only hope the Celtics go cold for enough games to steal a few of them.
IConley is an excellent defender and Irving torched him. That is the concern. Irving is probably too fast for White.  Brown and Jrue as good as anyone on Luka, but he is really good so will probably still do well. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #124 on: Today at 01:43:31 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1029

Great news!

Looks like Celtics going to be underdogs heading into Finals again!

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #125 on: Today at 02:25:32 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Tommy Heinsohn
  • Tommy Points: 2741
I’m genuinely terrified of Luka in this series. Should be the Celtics time but I can’t guarantee or predict that with that cold blooded killer on the other side
Don't see why Luka would terrify anyone.  What has he done to be considered a cold blooded killer?  Just thinking about Luka and Kyrie having to play defense against this Celts team ought to put a big grin on any Celtics fan.

I can’t take you serious with a comment like this.
Don’t see why Luka would terrify anyone? Huh?
There defense has been pretty good in the second half of the season too btw. We’ll see.
You didn't say anything to justify your terror but that's okay because terror is often irrational.  Luka isn't Michael, LeBron or even Kobe.  He certainly isn't Bird. Now maybe he does step up to carry Mavs to win this series but to be honest I'd be more concerned about Kyrie.   

I have Luka up in the class of Bird, Magic, Oscar and LeBron.

Luka is incredible. One of the most skilled players of All-Time. A 30-10-10 threat on a nightly basis. Clutch. Performs well in the playoffs.
The only thing that concerns me is that Minnesota was supposedly one of the top defensive teams in the league and Dallas handled them very effectively. Talent wins in this league and Luka is probably the best player in this series. Couple that with Cleveland Championship Winning Kyrie and that's a problem.

Bird back in his day would get his against any defense. They have 2 guys who can do that.  I don't see how we win this without a big contribution from Porzingis - which I think we'll get.

The Timberwolves roster construction was not a good defensive matchup against Dallas. Their top defenders were their interior guys and Gobert and Towns got totally abused defensively by Dallas' guards/wings. The Celtics on the other hand are built for this. They have 6 guys who are all versatile top level 2 way players and their defensive strength is at the guard and wing positions. We know the Celtics can defend at a top level. On the other side, what defenders does Dallas have? They don't stand a chance of guarding Boston. They can only hope the Celtics go cold for enough games to steal a few of them.
IConley is an excellent defender and Irving torched him. That is the concern. Irving is probably too fast for White.  Brown and Jrue as good as anyone on Luka, but he is really good so will probably still do well.

Mike Conley is 36 years old and the rest of the Wolves backcourt and wings were mediocre to poor defenders. The Celtics backcourt of Holliday is the best defensive backcourt in the league and probably the best in the past 5+years. On the wings Brown and Tatum are also excellent defenders, and Porzingis and Horford are no slouches either. The Mavs haven't faced anything near this level of defense yet in the playoffs. Importantly, on the flip side, Dallas has no good defenders to match any of our top 6 guys. They are going to get cooked.

« Reply #126 on: Today at 03:02:15 PM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 434
Brown, Holiday & White are alot better on defense than the Timberwolves backcourt.
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #127 on: Today at 03:28:44 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3061
  • On To Banner 18!
I know Hauser's been a bust this postseason, but if he can figure out his shot that'd be big because in the minutes he plays, I imagine he'll have a lot of open chances from 3. In theory he should be able to contribute this series, even if it's one or two good shooting nights that help.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #128 on: Today at 04:19:42 PM »

Online makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
i will have one conditional to set my prediction:

condition:

we switch everything, Luka torches Zinger and Horfrod

if YES than score prediction: series of 7 games, coin flip for the winner

if NO than it's 4-1, banner 18!