Author Topic: Jery Remy is back  (Read 6471 times)

Jery Remy is back
« on: January 28, 2014, 08:59:48 PM »

Offline bostonsportsfan

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 9
Remy has decided to come back after his son committing murder.

Yes I agree Jerry Did not commit any crime BUT I am one who believes that its insensitive for the family of the woman that got killed to if they wish to watch a redsox game to try to cope because its baseball season they love baseball redsox won the world series and there is not anything else on that interests them lets say.  Then then see him or hear his voice and say to themselves that's the father of the sicko that killed my daughter/niece/sister/ etc.  I as someone whose not related to that family will feel uncomfortable about this as well.  If I was him you really cant do anything about Jared Remy right now but you can do everything you can to be the very best father figure you can be to his other children. Yes he deserves to make a living its irresponsible of me to determine what is enough money and what is not but Jerry Is also a public figure and im not sure hes doing the right thing.

Re: Jery Remy is back
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 09:05:20 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25634
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I don't agree.

If Remy was an actor, should he quit making movies, in case the victim's family wanted to enjoy a film?  If he owned a restaurant, should he retire, in case the victim's family wanted to eat there?

Remy didn't have anything to do with his son's actions.  He's allowed to earn a living, and there are hundreds of thousands (millions?) of Red Sox fans who enjoy the work he does.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2014, 09:45:16 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
I don't agree.

If Remy was an actor, should he quit making movies, in case the victim's family wanted to enjoy a film?  If he owned a restaurant, should he retire, in case the victim's family wanted to eat there?

Remy didn't have anything to do with his son's actions.  He's allowed to earn a living, and there are hundreds of thousands (millions?) of Red Sox fans who enjoy the work he does.

Exactly....this notion that I hear from people that Remy coming back is "insensitive" REALLY baffles me.

The guy has to make a living and by the way, he's very good at what he does.

Do people realize that Jared Remy is a 35 year old adult?

And we are still going to hold his daddy responsible for his actions?

Jared Remy is a full-fledged adult and therefore should know right from wrong and that killing an innocent woman is wrong.

Why should Jerry Remy quit his career because of his ***head son?

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2014, 10:09:26 PM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
i am glad he is back. i always loved remy's announcing of the sox. his personal life is a shambles and he is battling depression. i hope being back in the booth provides him with some modicum of relief and happiness.

welcome back to the rem dog!  :)
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2014, 10:10:57 PM »

Offline celtic -_- pride

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 60
  • Stuff & Things
sounds like jerry should of read him a few more bed time stories. let the man keep his job, it's bad enough his son ended up being a murderer. if anything i think it will help the family come to terms with what happened.
[img width= height=]http://s7.postimg.org/jsyw5qrez/banner.jpg[/img]

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2014, 10:26:42 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
There was a really good interview with Jerry on D&C this morning.  You could hear the sorrow and pain in Remy's voice.  D&C gave him some tough questions too like "Do you felt you enabled your son?" and questions about his son's background and Jerry answered them very honestly with answers that must have been hard for him to first come to grips with as a person, nevermind say aloud on public radio.

I welcome him back and wish him the best.  I think a lot of us have that friend who we fear could end up like Jared Remy.  And I'm sure all of those people think from time to time what it must be like to be in that friend's parents' shoes... constantly worried but not having any control.  I hope he and the victim's family cope with the situation the best they can.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2014, 11:41:33 PM »

Offline bostonsportsfan

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 9
I am 100% in agreement despite all that I have said he deserves the chance to get some kind of joy in his life and if he can do it I'm all for it only concern is that he is a public figure and by the sound of him this morning im not sure hes gonna be able to handle himself but I hope that he is wrong and may Jared Rot in hell forever right with Aaron Hernandez and all the other creeps and sickos that have been on a very disturbing murder trend.

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2014, 11:54:12 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Tangentially, you have to wonder how the son's life would've played out had his father not been the Jerry Remy.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2014, 12:01:50 AM »

Offline KJR

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 37
Hard to evaluate ... I don't know anyone even remotely like Jared Remy.  Hard to know how much is nature v. nurture.  Hard to know how much is "enabled" v. "totally uncontrollable."

If "totally uncontrollable", okay I feel a lot of sympathy for the father.

If he enabled in some way (there were numerous arrests for violent assaults and death threats), then that's a different matter.

In any event, why the custody dispute?  Why the passive voice (we lost a woman)?  Sounds like he's still in denial.

I guess we'll get a clear view when the verdict comes down.

There's an appropriate way to respond, and an inappropriate way.  I'm betting Remy will respond in a completely inappropriate way ... and that's going to be the tale of the tape.

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2014, 12:51:58 AM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
Jerry has two other children who have both also had issues with the law.  The nature of their arrests make me question their general character as well.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2014, 01:20:46 AM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
i believe it was the boston globe that reported that martel's neighbor alleges that jerry remy's wife pressured martel to not get a restraining order... not good, needless to say. you have to wonder about that family with all the legal trouble the kids have had.
i don't blame jerry for the murder, but if i were nesn i'd be more than a little uncomfortable with this situation. jared's trial is looming, and the last thing the red sox want is for fans to be thinking about murder and murder trials every time remy speaks. say what you will, but that is going to be a distraction.
it's a horrible situation. i think the best thing remy could do is take some time off until after the trial.
with that being said, it's not the worst thing in the world if he returns early.

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2014, 12:03:10 AM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
I've  basically done a 180 after reading this recent Globe piece and getting a better understanding of how extensive Remy's enabling was, and the negative impact that it had that ultimately ended in tragedy. What happened doesn't appear to be a surprise to anyone that really knew Jared, and his dad's deep pockets played a huge part in him not being incarcerated much sooner and for a much longer period of time. I'm not saying the courts aren't to blame as well, but I just don't feel like listening to Remy goof around with Orsillo in the booth anymore after reading this.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2014/03/22/remy/xFRaOQqrnZ1S1pfLa2eKgK/story.html