Author Topic: 2013 Red Sox Season Thread  (Read 50109 times)

Re: 2013 Red Sox Season Thread
« Reply #75 on: October 27, 2013, 11:01:40 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
What is the deal with Breslow lately?  He has stunk.

Time to find a new 7th inning option.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #76 on: October 27, 2013, 11:20:29 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
What is the deal with Breslow lately?  He has stunk.

Time to find a new 7th inning option.
He sure picked a pretty poor spot to stink.

You can't not use Breslow. All our other left-handed relief sucks (Franklin Morales is horrible, and Doubront can't really get loose quickly).
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #77 on: October 27, 2013, 11:29:13 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
What is Lackey doing in there, with Tazawa only throwing two pitches?

It seems dangerous to me.  Lackey isn't a relief pitcher, and if things go south here, it could damage his confidence for a potential Game 6 start.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #78 on: October 27, 2013, 11:31:06 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
What is Lackey doing in there, with Tazawa only throwing two pitches?

It seems dangerous to me.  Lackey isn't a relief pitcher, and if things go south here, it could damage his confidence for a potential Game 6 start.
Better question is, what the heck was Bogaerts thinking. He had an eternity to field this ball. Molina was practically trotting to first.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #79 on: October 27, 2013, 11:34:10 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
Also, are the planning to hold off Lackey for a potential Game 7? Or pitch him G6 on short rest? And if he isn't pitching in G6?

Or are we doing Lackey in 6 on 3 days, then Lester in 7 on 3 days?

« Reply #80 on: October 27, 2013, 11:41:29 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Also, are the planning to hold off Lackey for a potential Game 7? Or pitch him G6 on short rest? And if he isn't pitching in G6?

I guess the theory is that this game doesn't disrupt Lackey's normal "rest", as normally he'd be throwing on the side.

« Reply #81 on: October 27, 2013, 11:42:54 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett

I guess the theory is that this game doesn't disrupt Lackey's normal "rest", as normally he'd be throwing on the side.
This makes sense.

So does this mean that G7 is Lester?

« Reply #82 on: October 28, 2013, 12:51:18 AM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065

This makes sense.

Isn't that only two days' rest?

« Reply #83 on: October 28, 2013, 12:57:17 AM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
A high point for me tonight was hearing McCarver criticize the Sox for holding the runner at first in the bottom of the ninth, because it left the right side of the infield open…about 30 seconds before Koji ended the game by picking the runner off.

« Reply #84 on: October 28, 2013, 03:36:52 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
A high point for me tonight was hearing McCarver criticize the Sox for holding the runner at first in the bottom of the ninth, because it left the right side of the infield open…about 30 seconds before Koji ended the game by picking the runner off.

True

I forgot about that!
Yup

« Reply #85 on: October 28, 2013, 03:42:48 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett

This makes sense.

I guess I always thought that pitching on the evening of the third day is considered three-day rest, but you seem to be right.

But if they plan to send Buchholz or Peavy to the mound for G7, this absolutely has to end in 6.

« Reply #86 on: October 28, 2013, 04:04:54 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be

This makes sense.

I guess I always thought that pitching on the evening of the third day is considered three-day rest, but you seem to be right.

But if they plan to send Buchholz or Peavy to the mound for G7, this absolutely has to end in 6.

Yeah, the prospect of either of those two pitching Game 7 (Peavy more than Clay but still) scares the heck out of me although both of them would be on a ridiculously short leash and it would be all hands on deck that game.  You could have a handful of guys pitching 1-2 inning stints. 

Scares me big time. 

Need shutdown mode Lester tonight.   Something like 7 IP 1ER 8K would be great.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #87 on: October 28, 2013, 04:34:19 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 324

This makes sense.

Yeah, the prospect of either of those two pitching Game 7 (Peavy more than Clay but still) scares the heck out of me although both of them would be on a ridiculously short leash and it would be all hands on deck that game.  You could have a handful of guys pitching 1-2 inning stints. 

Scares me big time. 

Need shutdown mode Lester tonight.   Something like 7 IP 1ER 8K would be great.

I agree. Win with Lester tonight, then with Lackey in Game 6 Wednesday to end it. The thought of Peavy or an unhealthy Buchholz going in Game 7 makes me nervous.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #88 on: October 28, 2013, 05:49:52 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
I agree. Win with Lester tonight, then with Lackey in Game 6 Wednesday to end it. The thought of Peavy or an unhealthy Buchholz going in Game 7 makes me nervous.
Farrell just said that "all signs point to Peavy starting G7". Gulp.

« Reply #89 on: October 30, 2013, 08:21:30 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
So sick of all the 1918 references.  1918 is irrelevant.  It would be nice to clinch at Fenway, but the "curse" is over.