Author Topic: What's the best[vindictive in game act]the Pats could target@NFL to make a point  (Read 7533 times)

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I'm watching this Jags game and it's just men vs boys.

And I'm thinking.....what would be best to make a point they don't need to cheat?

So far I've come up with

Brady plays a half with his left hand tied behind his back. Just go shotgun.

All game long some player lines up in a horrid spot maybe 80 yards behind the line or something and just stays there allowing for 11 on 10.

What else? What else could they do?
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 02:03:12 PM by Redz »

Offline BDeCosta26

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 232
I don't know if it really fits what the Pats are trying to prove, but when I played HS ball the absolute worst thing someone could do to you was start kneeling on extra points.

When a team starts kneeling for extra points, you feel disgraced. If they can run up the score every game and end it like that, I'd love it.

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
Kneeling for extra points. I like it. Send out the fattest guy for field goals and see what happens.

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343

Kneeling for extra points says "we beat you, this is over." Lining your nose tackle up in the slot on the goal line and trying to get him the ball says "*&@$ you."

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
everytime we score a TD at home, just show "deflate this!" on the TVs

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
maybe Brady could wear an eye patch and try to talk like a pirate the whole game and see what it's like to play one eyed

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Win back to back Superbowls!!!

Who cares what the haters think!!!
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 06:12:10 PM by nickagneta »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
Just win with class.  Outcoach and outplay their opponents.  Don't make excuses when/if they lose games.  Don't talk trash.  Don't take cheap shots at opponents.  Say nice things about their opponents.  They have been doing this for years and it is making the league, their opponents, and their opponents' fans angry, paranoid, envious, and petty.

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
Well, regardless of what they should do, they will continue to run up scores. BB and Brady want to humiliate the owners of these teams that drove Goodell on this witch hunt.

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Never punt, never kick for the extra point, always go for two.  Never let up.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2523
Win back to back Superbowls!!!

Who cares what there think!!!

This is the only way that matters.

Online Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Nothing except blow out every team. Giving yourself a disadvantage to prove a point only plays into the haters point.

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2158
When the games out of hand still go for 2. No mercy
The only color that matters is GREEN

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
I second what knuckleballer said, in terms of what I hope the Pats do (just win with class and be humble).

In the spirig of having fun and thinking aloud about the OPs question, here are some more:

0. Bring McNally and Jastremski to the Indy game and have them as Bob Kraft's special guests in wherever the visiting owner's box is. Make sure the TV cameras catch them yucking it up and high fiving each other for each of the touch downs (making sure to run up the score). For an added touch, supply them both with bike pumps and an oversided, stage-prop style thumb tack, and have them simulate inflating and deflating imaginary footballs.

1. Put a weight vest on Gronkowski. For each additional TD, he adds another 10lbs to the weight vest. [Note, it would probably be deemed an illegal performance enhancement, and Gronk would be labeled a "cheater" and suspended by the NFL].

2. Make Gostkowski alternate his kicking feet for extra points and FGs.

3. Run up the score (natch) and have Brady go out wide for some plays, with Edelman in as QB.
Celtics fan for life.

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Boy, we look good--and I know this is just supposed to be about having a bit of fun--but, to me, it just seems a bit early to be getting this cocky. 

There's a lot of football left to be played and a lot of other good teams out there. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson